Page 298 of 376 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    It's like this, is the YJ shows conner the black sheep of the rest of the team?

I would absolutely say the Titans shows conner on that last episode was the black sheep no doubt about that lol
    No that's more Roy or Runaways in season 2. Connor was largely accepted by the team.

Maybe in the New 52?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-17-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We can always hope. Maybe next year? I guess it depends on how soon they plan on introducing Kara into the Gunnverse. Or if they do anything with her in another medium.
    Well, maybe a movie bump would help, but I hope it's not the deciding factor...

Spectacular Member

I think the superfam push comes from a place of foresight on Gunn’s part

Gunn must know that his young Superman won’t last forever and would eventually become an experienced Superman, so the best way to differentiate the young Superman from his older self would be the superfam angle

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    No that's more Roy or Runaways in season 2. Connor was largely accepted by the team.

Maybe in the New 52?

Exactly,he might start out hot with others,but he warms.up.and doesn't stuck out like a black sheep at all ,even with the look and attitude.

But this is a new day,and maybe to get kon to the next level he has to start questioning things and if he sees himself.as a adult and thinks he can do it his way because in his mind it's the best way,and that isn't what superman or the others think,I can see friction
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    I think the superfam push comes from a place of foresight on Gunn’s part

Gunn must know that his young Superman won’t last forever and would eventually become an experienced Superman, so the best way to differentiate the young Superman from his older self would be the superfam angle
    I'm pretty sure Gunn has nothing to do with what the comics are doing.

This is all from the people actually making the books, not the movie people.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely liking Rafa Sandoval's art on this.
    Thinking of jumping on? I know you enjoyed SSOKE and are planning on following AoS, you get to be in charge of bumping that thread since I’m hopping off Taylor’s ride lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Maybe in the New 52?
    Definitely in the New 52. Could even say during the Johns era too considering he was brainwashed into attacking the team by Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gunn has nothing to do with what the comics are doing.

This is all from the people actually making the books, not the movie people.
    The comics are apparently not under his purview, he’s in charge of film/TV/animation and maybe games? That last part is unclear. He does read the comics, he was gushing over King’s Strange Adventures book a while ago. Be great to have him be a fan of what PKJ is doing on Action but I have no clue if he’s reading any of the Superman books currently. Definitely not handing out mandates himself, although sometimes the Big 2 try and get ahead of whatever the films/shows/games are doing. That’s why Black Adam got a mini by Priest for example.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Listening to the interview Matt Red posted. The Metallo arc will be 6 issues and ends in June. It leads into the next big arc however, which I’m assuming is the Multiverse team up (haven’t gotten that far in yet). Given that PKJ says they’re not directly tying in to each other but all the books are connected, I’m guessing PKJ and Taylor’s books are presumably tied together in some way since they’re both telling Multiverse stories.

Edit:
    -Villains outside the Superman Rogues Gallery will show up (Bet he means Circe)
    -Villain of the second arc is another classic Rogue he’s been wanting to revamp (Mxy maybe?)
    -He’s come around on Toyman! Starting to think of a way to craft him into Superman’s “Riddler”
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-17-2022 at 06:11 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

PKJ mentioned that something would be done with Zod in the next year, so perhaps that's the Classic Rogue he's looking to revamp. Not sure it'd work that well with the "multiversal" angle, though. It is true that the only "classic Rogues" that would fit naturally in such a story would be the imps, Brainiac (and PKJ implied his plans for that character were so far in the future that he was prepared to make it a Black Label thing instead if his run ended before that), and... Bizarro.

-With him coming around on Toyman, Satanus is the Superman Rogue he just doesn’t care about/thinks is lame
    -Wants to do a team up between Superman and Constantine, described it as a “King Arthur/Merlin” situation with neither of them being happy about it (I bet this is the arc that involves Circe)
    -Steve Beach will be drawing covers for another of his books coming up (probably either John Stewart or if my hunch is right, Aquaman)
    -Olgrun is a plot thread he is adamant he will pay off on
    -For Metallo he was inspired by an old Spider-Man issue starring “Backlash” (he wasn’t sure of the villain) that explored how Backlash wanted to reform but kept slipping back into old habits. The issue started and ended with Backlash in jail, at the start he got parolled, at the end he was back in, and both times he was thinking about how he wanted to make his mom proud of him again.
    -Some new characters, new villains will be created
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    PKJ mentioned that something would be done with Zod in the next year, so perhaps that's the Classic Rogue he's looking to revamp. Not sure it'd work that well with the "multiversal" angle, though. It is true that the only "classic Rogues" that would fit naturally in such a story would be the imps, Brainiac (and PKJ implied his plans for that character were so far in the future that he was prepared to make it a Black Label thing instead if his run ended before that), and... Bizarro.
    He said the Super Office had been having lots of conversations about Zod and Paul Kaminski who is head editor for the Super books said Zod would be showing up next year. I don’t think PKJ will be using him, in the previous issue I summarized PKJ seemed to want to save Zod for when he comes back to the Phaelosians. I’d wager that the talks about Zod were referring either to Taylor bringing Val-Zod back for his book, or that Williamson has plans for Zod. Williamson wrote Zod in that Batman/Superman two parter and he might want to follow up on that.

Thinking of jumping on? I know you enjoyed SSOKE and are planning on following AoS, you get to be in charge of bumping that thread since I’m hopping off Taylor’s ride lol..
    Oh no I’ve already been reading action comics just not on my pull like Superman son of kal-el and adventures of Superman. I’m still technically back in the war world arc.

See the thing is, I don’t monthly follow Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I read them but more sporadically. Because I know they have staying power to keeping going without me. At issue 1050 Action Comics doesn’t need me to pull the comic to try and keep it afloat and try new ideas. It will just persist as it has for years/decades.

But Jon Kent doesn’t have that staying power, neither does Jace, Yara or the rest of new characters I try to give a hand to. They can easily be written off and need to be supported (so long as they are fun reads of course).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Listening to the interview Matt Red posted. The Metallo arc will be 6 issues and ends in June. It leads into the next big arc however, which I’m assuming is the Multiverse team up (haven’t gotten that far in yet). Given that PKJ says they’re not directly tying in to each other but all the books are connected, I’m guessing PKJ and Taylor’s books are presumably tied together in some way since they’re both telling Multiverse stories.

Edit:
    -Villains outside the Superman Rogues Gallery will show up (Bet he means Circe)
    -Villain of the second arc is another classic Rogue he’s been wanting to revamp (Mxy maybe?)
    -He’s come around on Toyman! Starting to think of a way to craft him into Superman’s “Riddler”
    Man, I absolutely love the thought of him writing Mxy.

I like Zod as much as the next guy, but at this point I'd prob prefer him working with the lesser knowns/lesser used villains, and also excited to see what he cooks up from a new villain standpoint. Guy is really creative in both character and world building so looking forward to see what he can develop.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 12-18-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

-With him coming around on Toyman, Satanus is the Superman Rogue he just doesn’t care about/thinks is lame
    -Wants to do a team up between Superman and Constantine, described it as a “King Arthur/Merlin” situation with neither of them being happy about it (I bet this is the arc that involves Circe)
    -Steve Beach will be drawing covers for another of his books coming up (probably either John Stewart or if my hunch is right, Aquaman)
    -For Metallo he was inspired by an old Spider-Man issue starring “Backlash” (he wasn’t sure of the villain) that explored how Backlash wanted to reform but kept slipping back into old habits. The issue started and ended with Backlash in jail, at the start he got parolled, at the end he was back in, and both times he was thinking about how he wanted to make his mom proud of him again.

He said the Super Office had been having lots of conversations about Zod and Paul Kaminski who is head editor for the Super books said Zod would be showing up next year. I don’t think PKJ will be using him, in the previous issue I summarized PKJ seemed to want to save Zod for when he comes back to the Phaelosians. I’d wager that the talks about Zod were referring either to Taylor bringing Val-Zod back for his book, or that Williamson has plans for Zod. Williamson wrote Zod in that Batman/Superman two parter and he might want to follow up on that.
    I guess that’s fine. With Satanus and Lady Blaze revealed as The Wizard Shazam’s children I’d rather keep them as Shazam villains or save them as villains for a Superman/Shazam miniseries.

Incredible Member

Interesting to bring up Satanus ! I think that the last time he was used , was before Superman died at the hands of Doomsday long long ago.
    Back then I was searching out back issues all the time .
    Hard to believe that it's been like a lifetime now.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh no I’ve already been reading action comics just not on my pull like Superman son of kal-el and adventures of Superman. I’m still technically back in the war world arc.

See the thing is, I don’t monthly follow Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I read them but more sporadically. Because I know they have staying power to keeping going without me. At issue 1050 Action Comics doesn’t need me to pull the comic to try and keep it afloat and try new ideas. It will just persist as it has for years/decades.

But Jon Kent doesn’t have that staying power, neither does Jace, Yara or the rest of new characters I try to give a hand to. They can easily be written off and need to be supported (so long as they are fun reads of course).
    Ah I understand. Fair mindset to have, although I’m not sure if Superman and WW do have the staying power to be honest. DC has Batman and the Batfamily titles selling great up in 50k-100k range, and everything else struggling in the 40k and below range.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Man, I absolutely love the thought of him writing Mxy.

I like Zod as much as the next guy, but at this point I'd prob prefer him working with the lesser knowns/lesser used villains, and also excited to see what he cooks up from a new villain standpoint. Guy is really creative in both character and world building so looking forward to see what he can develop.
    Haven’t seen Mxy since Superman Reborn, we’re due for him to check in lol. I want to see his Zod if for no other reason than comic Zod is woefully underserved. For better or worse Zod is Superman’s #2 bad guy, but he has pathetically little in terms of comic stories for the Earth 0 incarnation of Zod to live up to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I guess that’s fine. With Satanus and Lady Blaze revealed as The Wizard Shazam’s children I’d rather keep them as Shazam villains or save them as villains for a Superman/Shazam miniseries.
    I’m fine with letting Shazam take them as well, they fit his world more. I prefer Mxy serve that kind of “demon” role for Superman.