Page 319 of 376 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5626

And this makes me happy:

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...bwCd2hzcGeltRw
    ACTION COMICS #1051 is getting a 2ND PRINTING! Huge thanks for all the support, and stay tuned to see what's in store for this NEW ERA of #Superman comics! #ActionComics

@DCComics @RafaSandoval75 @thedanjurgens @Inkdropinc @mymonsterischic @S_Marguerite @MattHerms @Paul_Kaminski
    Glad we’re starting off the new era on the right foot sales wise at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm really eager to see what how Metallo fights will be more interesting, since they are always so basic and PKJ wants yo upgrade him, and I keep being disappointed every issue with hiw ling it's taking to set him up. I mean, I do appreciate everything else he's doing with the book, but he has been hyping this up and Metallo has appeared in every issue and I still haven't seen him do anything new, which is a frustating way to set this up. Hopefully next minth will finally end my suffering and won't disappoint me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Once again, I genuinely don't get what DC is thinking with this. This just creates resentment from fans still upset at Jon's age-up by rubbing in how unfair it was and how he's getting replaced.

Reading this yesterday , I noticed that Jon looks even older .
    But it made me think , how about a relationship between Jon & Nat ?
    This I think does show that DC made a big mistake in making Jon age-up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Jon looks his dad's age there. Maybe he'll deal with an accelerated aging storyline...and the cure will restore him to his childhood? I'm dreaming...but it's worth a try.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm really eager to see what how Metallo fights will be more interesting, since they are always so basic and PKJ wants yo upgrade him, and I keep being disappointed every issue with hiw ling it's taking to set him up. I mean, I do appreciate everything else he's doing with the book, but he has been hyping this up and Metallo has appeared in every issue and I still haven't seen him do anything new, which is a frustating way to set this up. Hopefully next minth will finally end my suffering and won't disappoint me.
    Really hoping Metallo is doing some cool shit

From the looks of it its so biomechanical body horror stuff so maybe some shapeshifting and all that stuff about the Necrohive means he's creating some kind of mutating virus field maybe

I'm still attached to the Metallo that could switch bodies to any machine myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm still attached to the Metallo that could switch bodies to any machine myself.
    Is that kind of Hank Henshaw's thing? Not that he's used it in years...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I prefer that guy ash.He seem he is the kinda guy jon needs.A different kinda influence on the kid would work wonders.Mary marvel was also cool in that deceased series.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jon and Conner look too similar now. I was confusing them all the time. I wish they’d give Jon more distinct features like his mother’s purple eyes. And they need more different haircuts.

Obviously when heroes start some big project that is supposed to help everyone (or at least some poor people) it has to get blown up. Anyway, this is only first issue, but I felt like PKJ juggled multiple characters a bit better here than in Warworld. Probably helps that most of them are established characters and require less space to get their bits in.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nah, not under Jurgens. lol. He is just keeping his poor selling L&C mini relevant. Somehow Clark lived in a farm hiding as White. They go back to the old farm from the mini. idk. Superman's continuity is a messy joke.
    I don't get why someone isn't telling him to cut this shit. If DC, for one reason or another, has to keep Jurgens happy then just give him some mini-series where he can play around like they did with Neal Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    -Sandoval wants to stay on Action for a long time, PKJ thinks he will do 10 issues this year
    Action getting a regular artist is the best news to me. Obviously second printing is encouraging as well.

BANNED

And this makes me happy:

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...bwCd2hzcGeltRw

Glad we’re starting off the new era on the right foot sales wise at least.
    Jurgen's back officially sore

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

From the podcast interview (avoiding stuff he’s said before):

-He has a cool idea for how Supes would use time travel in a fight
    -Loves it when Supes has foes that challenge him both physically and mentally
    -Metallo and Lex’s relationship will be a focus and we’ll see how it evolves
    -Sandoval wants to stay on Action for a long time, PKJ thinks he will do 10 issues this year
    -We’re going to see which Family members Krypto likes
    -PKJ is talking to Leah Williams, doesn’t really talk to Jurgens but knows what his plans are
    -Some of the backups will be tied to the main story but some won’t. Some of the backups will spin out of what he does in the lead book
    -Hardest challenge for him has been the large cast, but he wanted to bring in as many traditional Superfamily members as he could after all the time on Warworld
    I do like me some time travel stuff but def needs to be used sparingly, lest it become an easy out for any situation. I'm confident he has an idea that allows for this. If he says he's got a cool idea, I believe him.

Superman using super smarts for some villains is great.

Long term consistent artist is key for any run, let alone one as good as Sandoval. There's been no shortage of top tier art for Superman lately.

Krypto's fave... hmmm... I'll guess Kara but will prob be someone less obvious (like the twins maybe)?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I prefer that guy ash.He seem he is the kinda guy jon needs.A different kinda influence on the kid would work wonders.Mary marvel was also cool in that deceased series.
    Yeah. Ash seems like a way more interesting character and dynamic for Jon. I think Jay started off okay and had promise, but it turned out to be pretty vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Obviously when heroes start some big project that is supposed to help everyone (or at least some poor people) it has to get blown up. Anyway, this is only first issue, but I felt like PKJ juggled multiple characters a bit better here than in Warworld. Probably helps that most of them are established characters and require less space to get their bits in.

I don't get why someone isn't telling him to cut this shit. If DC, for one reason or another, has to keep Jurgens happy then just give him some mini-series where he can play around like they did with Neal Adams.

Action getting a regular artist is the best news to me. Obviously second printing is encouraging as well.
    Coming of the Supermen sequel?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I did but only because I’ve watched so many YT interviews with him
    Insert PKJ...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It feels they gave up long ago to streamline continuity and now give a pass to every creators turning these comics into a convoluted mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nah, not under Jurgens. lol. He is just keeping his poor selling L&C mini relevant. Somehow Clark lived in a farm hiding as White. They go back to the old farm from the mini. idk. Superman's continuity is a messy joke.
    You mean the one that was outselling all the other Superman comics at the time, and graduated to a full series on its own?

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...6/2016-01.html

Weird, this shows it selling less than Supermsn, Batman/Superman, Action, Superman/WW and American Alien.