Page 323 of 376 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's just going to walk into the lawyer's office to see them in a jacket too.
    Everybody wants to be like Conner lol

Course nobody wants to give him any credit either though ugh
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1055
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, DAN JURGENS, and DORADO QUICK
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL, LEE WEEKS, and YASMIN FLORES MONTANEZ
    Cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
    Variant covers by RAFA SANDOVAL and DAVID TALASKI
    1:25 variant cover by AL BARRIONUEVO
    1:50 foil variant cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
    AAPI Heritage Month variant cover by BERNARD CHANG
    $4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/23/23
    Superman’s true enemy has been revealed: the Cyborg Superman, Hank Henshaw! Everything the Super-Family has built stands on a knife’s edge, and Superman and Metallo become the unlikeliest of allies as they hunt for Metallo’s missing sister. Can they prevent the inevitable devolution of Metallo’s mind and body long enough to save his sister from Henshaw’s monstrous plans?

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-17-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Henshaw! Wasn't expecting him !

Incredible Member

Oh lord, Henshaw.

I can't say this solicit excites me as much as the previous ones. "The hero and the villain team-up to take on bigger villain" usually means making the first villain a more sympathetic figure, which frankly Metallo didn't need at this point. He's been a pitiful figure for years, the previous issues already did very well at making him sympathetic while still making him obviously evil, he was turned into a very understandable kind of evil in the previous issue, what he needed wasn't to be made sympathetic, it's to be made a credible threat. Besides, the theme of loss of identity described by previous solicits already sounded like a compelling story on its own, why complicate it by adding another villain, who turns out is actually the Big Bad behind everything (even if obviously Metallo will keep the character focus)?

Also I'm not a big fan of Henshaw in general, and if he needed to be used, then they should have saved the villain whose whole deal is wanting to tear down Superman's "legacy" for later, when the whole "City of Tomorrow" thing is better established, instead of at the very start.

In the end, I do trust PKJ to write something I like with this, it's just I'm already seeing I'm not going to like it as much as I could have.

In other news, no information on the back-ups this month, despite them obviously continuing. Wonder what we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Oh lord, Henshaw.

I can't say this solicit excites me as much as the previous ones. "The hero and the villain team-up to take on bigger villain" usually means making the first villain a more sympathetic figure, which frankly Metallo didn't need at this point. He's been a pitiful figure for years, the previous issues already did very well at making him sympathetic while still making him obviously evil, he was turned into a very understandable kind of evil in the previous issue, what he needed wasn't to be made sympathetic, it's to be made a credible threat. Besides, the theme of loss of identity described by previous solicits already sounded like a compelling story on its own, why complicate it by adding another villain, who turns out is actually the Big Bad behind everything (even if obviously Metallo will keep the character focus)?

Also I'm not a big fan of Henshaw in general, and if he needed to be used, then they should have saved the villain whose whole deal is wanting to tear down Superman's "legacy" for later, when the whole "City of Tomorrow" thing is better established, instead of at the very start.

In the end, I do trust PKJ to write something I like with this, it's just I'm already seeing I'm not going to like it as much as I could have.

In other news, no information on the back-ups this month, despite them obviously continuing. Wonder what we'll see.
    I think PKJ could write a good Henshaw, but I'm probably biased because I've always found him cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Oh lord, Henshaw.

We finally align in thought . Not very enthused by this, but I’ll give PKJ a chance. Maybe it will end with Metallo killing Henshaw which would at least give him a “feat”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ACTION COMICS #1055
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, DAN JURGENS, and DORADO QUICK
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL, LEE WEEKS, and YASMIN FLORES MONTANEZ
    Cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
    Variant covers by RAFA SANDOVAL and DAVID TALASKI
    1:25 variant cover by AL BARRIONUEVO
    1:50 foil variant cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
    AAPI Heritage Month variant cover by BERNARD CHANG
    $4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/23/23
    Superman’s true enemy has been revealed: the Cyborg Superman, Hank Henshaw! Everything the Super-Family has built stands on a knife’s edge, and Superman and Metallo become the unlikeliest of allies as they hunt for Metallo’s missing sister. Can they prevent the inevitable devolution of Metallo’s mind and body long enough to save his sister from Henshaw’s monstrous plans?

[/IMG]

Love that Reign of the Superman cover!

Thinking back to that story PKJ shared about that one Spider-Man villain he really liked, I think I can predict where this is going. Metallo and Supes will team up, and there will be a glimmer of hope that maybe Metallo can change. For his sister’s sake, Corben will put aside his feud with Supes to go save her and try and be the better man. But then just like how that Spidey villain reverts to type and ends back in jail, Metallo will likewise do something bad that shatters his truce with Supes. I’m leaning towards killing Henshaw (but my personal bias may be playing a role there), but I could see him accidentally killing his sister too, or Henshaw kills his sister as a “**** you” and Metallo blames Superman for it. Then the big finale issue in June is Metallo and Superman duking it out, with Metallo ending right back where he started because he couldn’t change.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ohoho Henshaw is back, nice

Man thats a lot of cyborgs this arc heh

Not very surprising considering that he used Cyborg Superman in one of his House of El stories.

No where does Lex tell Metallo that his mission is to kill Superman. Rather than he assumed that is what his mission is. Great writing is not always cut and dry. Let’s keep reading and see where this goes.

Yep, killing Superman isn't the order. It'll come together. Thanks Glen!
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...VLD6GMUui-MNOw

Did Lex break Metallo out just to destroy Steelworks?

He’s certainly petty enough for that, and it would track with his desire to be the ONLY one shaping Superman over in Williamson’s book.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Love that Reign of the Superman cover!
    Superboy is back as a member of the Superfamily, Steel is in Metropolis with his Steelworks project, Henshaw is haunting Metallo and Superman, so you can only wonder how much far the Eradicator could be. Specially considering there are a lot others kryptonian survivors around.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Eradicator is currently serving Zod, if PKJ ever gets around to doing his big Zod story, then I’m sure we’ll see him. Eradicator really needs a redesign, or at least needs to ditch the S-shield. It’s so boring to have all these bad guys who are just “Superman but evil” walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eradicator is currently serving Zod, if PKJ ever gets around to doing his big Zod story, then I’m sure we’ll see him. Eradicator really needs a redesign, or at least needs to ditch the S-shield. It’s so boring to have all these bad guys who are just “Superman but evil” walking around.
    I guess they could just replace the S-shield with the Zod symbol, but it's a big part of Eradicator's look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they could just replace the S-shield with the Zod symbol, but it's a big part of Eradicator's look.
    That just loops back to my original complaint about him and Henshaw: both are still coasting off of Reign for relevance. The kryptonite heart is an “iconic” part of Metallo but I’m a firm believer that it’s time for Metallo to move beyond it if he’s ever going to live up to his potential. Same holds true for Eradicator. Unlike Henshaw I do think there’s a place for Eradicator, albeit as a villain for Kara more than Kal.