Page 335 of 376 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5626
    Spectacular Member

I agree on that idea.
    I think it is more due to the Reign of Superman connection, where Mongul senior served Cyborg Superman, so it makes sense that Henshaw have knowledge of Warworld tech.

It should also be noted that it was Henshaw (posing as Tracy) that talks about the current body of Metallo is created by "Warworld Alchemy".
    This makes me suspect that this body was originally Henshaw's Cyborg Superman body, that Lex remodeled to make it into Metallo, that's why he is making Corben make a new body.Either that or the new body Corben is making is for Henshaw.

But judging by how Lex talked about "that body", I suspect it was Henshaw's original body that he created with Warworld Alchemy, that's why he knows so much about it, also explains why the body is changing into something else.

@PhillipKJohnson Mxy is next right?

Nope. It's gonna be cool though. ��
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Damn he ruled out my #1 guess for who is next after Metallo. Hmmmm. Mongul, Metallo, and Cyborg Superman are out because he’s just used them. Williamson has Lex, Livewire, Parasite, and Silver Banshee. PKJ only recently came around on Toyman so I don’t think it’s him yet. Brainiac he said would need to be another long arc. Zod he seems to want to save for his endgame. Is he tying in to Knight Terrors, because that would narrow it down some. Or is he just teasing that the next villain will be cool but isn’t specifically confirming it will be a classic Rogue, because I still believe we’ll get the Superfamily up against the Empire of Shadows at some point.

Hey maybe it’s Conduit! Bravermann connected with whatever power is behind Genesis, I could see Conduit being the next big bad, with him being Aethyr’s agent in our dimension. Maybe Xau-Du shows up too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If he is doing terror knights then I think it would make sense to use that as a lead-in for Empire of Shadows story.

Power Girl faces off against herself and the Super-Twins are being hunted by Cyborg Superman in Knight Terrors: Action Comics #1, written by Leah Williams and Phillip Kennedy Johnson (Action Comics) with art by Vasco Georgiev (DC’s Legion of Bloom) and Mico Suayan (Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity). Paige may have narrowly escaped the grasp of the devious Johnny Sorrow, but all of that was just a warm-up for the real villain inside. Meanwhile, the Super-Twins are lost in a terrifying dreamscape and being hunted by a nightmare version of their own adopted father, the murderous Cyborg Superman. Can Superboy, Kong Kenan, and the Steel family find the twins in time to save them, or will they join his bloody list of victims? Knight Terrors: Action Comics #1 will be available on July 25 with a main cover by Rafa Sandoval, open-to-order variants by Mico Suayan and Gerald Parel, a 1:25 variant by Otto Schmidt, a 1:50 variant by Meghan Hetrick, and a Midnight variant by Dustin Nguyen.
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/04/14/k...es-this-summer

Damnit, ok I guess I’ll pick this up. This seems to be entirely focused on the Superfamily sans Clark since he has his own tie-in. Kenan, Kon, JHI, Natasha, and the Super-Twins working together sounds like a good chance to flesh out their relationships with each other. That pitch is enough to make me overlook my normal aversion to all things Henshaw .
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Huh, so they don't fully deal with Henshaw in the main story, and we're continuing it in an event tie-in? Don't know how to feel about that. In any case, at least here PKJ can try to build up the team dynamic without Clark (or Jon) taking focus, so that's nice.

Huh, would Osul's "mystical Old God connection" play a role in this sort of stuff? It seems like it'd fit right in.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Huh, so they don't fully deal with Henshaw in the main story, and we're continuing it in an event tie-in? Don't know how to feel about that. In any case, at least here PKJ can try to build up the team dynamic without Clark (or Jon) taking focus, so that's nice.

Huh, would Osul's "mystical Old God connection" play a role in this sort of stuff? It seems like it'd fit right in.
    Apparently this event might interrupt all the ongoings for 2 months so it's possibly just Johnson not wanting to put his storyline on break so he's continuing it however he can

So its more he's just trying to make the best out of a bad situation cause of editorial forcing this format on the writers

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

Might not be the real Henshaw since this event is everyone being trapped in nightmares. Perhaps whatever Henshaw does in the upcoming issues scars the Twins so badly he becomes their boogeyman. If not, might as well wrap up the Henshaw plot ASAP so we can move on to another villain I actually want to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Apparently this event might interrupt all the ongoings for 2 months so it's possibly just Johnson not wanting to put his storyline on break so he's continuing it however he can

So its more he's just trying to make the best out of a bad situation cause of editorial forcing this format on the writers
    I’m waiting to see if these minis are supplementing the regular ongoings or replacing them for two months. Baffles me that DC might be putting out a bunch of new series only to immediately put them on hiatus for a filler event. Definitely a DC thing to do but I’m hoping that’s not the case.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Time to trot out one of my faves from The Dude…

0C116BB4-D205-4CA3-A10A-6F70D83803A7.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Either way it says a lot about DC's marketing that we are still not sure if ongoings are put on pause or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/04/14/k...es-this-summer

Damnit, ok I guess I’ll pick this up. This seems to be entirely focused on the Superfamily sans Clark since he has his own tie-in. Kenan, Kon, JHI, Natasha, and the Super-Twins working together sounds like a good chance to flesh out their relationships with each other. That pitch is enough to make me overlook my normal aversion to all things Henshaw .
    DC, you're not suddenly going to make "Paige" happen. Power Girl is really not a "Paige."

I think Cyborg-Superman is perfect horror movie material.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So I got my Super binge together

And I realize now that I forgot to order Future State, but I guess I'll get that later since I have to wait for the Kal El returns trade anyway. And I'll probably get more Golden Age stuff in the meanwhile because this doesn't look like the kinda stuff with levity lol
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So I got my Super binge together

And I realize now that I forgot to order Future State, but I guess I'll get that later since I have to wait for the Kal El returns trade anyway. And I'll probably get more Golden Age stuff in the meanwhile because this doesn't look like the kinda stuff with levity lol
    Not to worry, the Future State stuff is mostly just a prologue to the Warworld Saga. I think it’s still enjoyable by itself but it’s not necessary for enjoying TWS itself. None of those are “happy” stories for sure lol, although Williamson’s run has a lighter tone that I think compliments PKJ going darker in Action fairly well.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah maybe once Williamson gets past his first arc. I'm thankful though because his few issues already feel so much better to me than his other DC work.

Johnson meanwhile... I'm shocked that going through the first trade, his writing actually meets Sampere in quality. most comics these days seem like they'd hide behind such bold visuals
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I gotta say I like how the Night Terror AC tie-in centers on the Superfam characters.

Since there's also gonna be a Superman tie-in as well just have that focus on Clark while the other guys get this book, its a good format. The fact Power-Girl is the lead of one of the main stories and it has her facing Henshaw is really cool.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah maybe once Williamson gets past his first arc. I'm thankful though because his few issues already feel so much better to me than his other DC work.

Johnson meanwhile... I'm shocked that going through the first trade, his writing actually meets Sampere in quality. most comics these days seem like they'd hide behind such bold visuals
    Guy is an awesome writer. I’ve picked up a bunch of his other stuff such as Aliens, 007, and The Last God (which is incredible with Federici on art). Each is very well done within the respective genres. Will be checking out his GL and Hulk too.

But yeah, one of my fave things he did in Warworld was Clark’s journal pieces. Thought that was pretty great narration and a nice touch.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog