Page 348 of 376 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 5626
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think so, he and Williamson text each other often in order for each to be aware of what the other is doing. I’m positive PKJ was one of the first to know about KT, in fact in that interview I linked, he originally intended for this to be the end of Henshaw for the remainder of his run, but decided to use a nightmare of Henshaw for KT as a way of linking what he was doing in Action with the tie-ins.
    Ah ok, that makes sense then. At least it wasn’t completely altered by editorial edict, which is a bummer when it happens. But such is the biz sometimes I guess.

On another note, curious to hear what both PKJ and Williamson have to say at the Superman panel at SDCC.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Ah ok, that makes sense then. At least it wasn’t completely altered by editorial edict, which is a bummer when it happens. But such is the biz sometimes I guess.

On another note, curious to hear what both PKJ and Williamson have to say at the Superman panel at SDCC.
    Speaking of which:
    SATURDAY JULY 23rd

12:30-1:30pm. The World of Metropolis – Superman isn’t the only force to be reckoned with in Metropolis. The top comic book writers and artists working on stories in the City of Tomorrow, including Joshua Williamson (Superman), Sina Grace (Superman: The Harvests of Youth), Phillip Kennedy Johnson (Action Comics) and a few more surprise guests, provide exclusive details on what fans can expect in some of the most action-packed comics. Room 6DE
    This is definitely where we’ll be getting news on the Superman event, which I think got moved to next year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Interesting to see Sina Grace mentioned there, since he's also mentioned in the Young Adult Graphic Novel section, for Harvests of Youth. He's the only one of that section that is included elsewhere, and in the Superman panel he's even billed before the Action Comics writer.

This is giving me the same vibes as when Williamson was previously included in a Superman panel as the writer of Dark Crisis. Maybe Sina Grace will get an ongoing or limited series, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Interesting to see Sina Grace mentioned there, since he's also mentioned in the Young Adult Graphic Novel section, for Harvests of Youth. He's the only one of that section that is included elsewhere, and in the Superman panel he's even billed before the Action Comics writer.

This is giving me the same vibes as when Williamson was previously included in a Superman panel as the writer of Dark Crisis. Maybe Sina Grace will get an ongoing or limited series, too?
    Might be that he's launching a new aged up Jon book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Might be that he's launching a new aged up Jon book.
    Ooooh that could be interesting.

Would give us a queer creator writing Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ooooh that could be interesting.

Would give us a queer creator writing Jon.
    Eh, you know me, unless Jon is a kid, it's genuinely hard for me to feel excited, but I believe Sina will bring that YA flavor publishers have been thirsting after.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    No spoilers except to say that it’s inspired by classic horror movies, in which a group of kids tries to survive a horrific supernatural bad guy. “Who will be the ‘Final El?’” was part of the pitch.
    Regarding his KT tie-in.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sounds fitting for the story premise .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Nice... in a horrorific way.

Definitely capturing that feel of a horror comic.

Conner the "great" influence .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ohoho Henshaw pulling a Cyborg Freddy Krueger

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely capturing that feel of a horror comic.

Conner the "great" influence .

Conner has always been the most human,most fun,and most real character of the S verse imo.

I wonder if Conner stays with Lois and Clark now? He was out at MA and pa's place at the beginning of man of tomorrow,but he is at their place a lot...course the rest of them are too.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Conner has always been the most human,most fun,and most real character of the S verse imo.

I wonder if Conner stays with Lois and Clark now? He was out at MA and pa's place at the beginning of man of tomorrow,but he is at their place a lot...course the rest of them are too.
    My impression of Conner (and the rest) being so often at the Kent's apartment is less "he's staying there now" and more "family that does not really spend as much time together as they'd like going to the other extreme and spending as much time together as possible". In real life it'd wear off after a while, so you might even think of it as realistic when the status quo changes from the current "Super-family push but all of them in a single book fighting for panel time" into something else.

Funny, I said before I wanted to actually read about the young adults in the Super-Family just spending time together and it seems this issue is giving me exactly that (if presumably only for the opening scene).

I like seeing the Family all gathered together, we’ve gotten more of that in this run alone than in anything else for the last 10 years, but I would prefer they hang out more in the Fortress of Solitude. Much more interesting place for Family adventures than the Kent apartment. I get that it’s part of PKJ trying to focus on Metropolis after the Warworld Saga spent so long away.