Page 364 of 376 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5626

Just when the books finally get back on track...they end up derailed again...

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Wow, this kinda sucks. Really loved PKJ. Not sure how I feel about the whole alternating writers thing.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We still have 100 more pages of PKJ content left.
    Problem is that we have around 50 subplots left to resolve.

I think it would have been an easier pill to swallow had they given him another Super book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I think it would have been an easier pill to swallow had they given him another Super book.
    Or at least an exit mini like Taylor got. Or hell, he’s said he’d like to write Conner in a solo capacity, give him the guy so Conner can find a new direction!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This certainly explains that annual in the December solicits. The twins will be written out there I guess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Or at least an exit mini like Taylor got. Or hell, he’s said he’d like to write Conner in a solo capacity, give him the guy so Conner can find a new direction!
    Right. Maybe he’ll go back and do another Last God book now. I’d gladly take that!

Last edited by Dougbauer; 10-13-2023 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I get a similar feeling.
    Jason’s a friend and a hell of a great writer, and a phenomenal choice for Action. I know what he has planned and couldn’t be more excited to read it with John’s art.

Deeply moved by all the kind words from the Super-Family today, and the nervous questions over the (cont.)

past few weeks. Your investment in Superman is the best, most rewarding thing to see, and I couldn’t be more grateful for all the support since the very beginning.

Know this: I’m not going anywhere, and I’m not even done writing Superman. The threads we began in the (cont.)

Warworld Saga are leading to something big, bigger than just one character, one series or even one writer. If you want to know where Kryl-Ux took Mongul or his plans for the United Planets… if you want to know more about the other six God-aspects or Olgrun… if you want (cont.)

to see the House of El again, know the story behind Pyrrhos the Red King, and how Clark hopes to redeem him… keep reading (starting with Green Lantern: War Journal, currently in stores).

As ever, ALL my gratitude. Many, many more stories to come.

Truth and Justice ��⚔️��
    Some stuff like the Aspects of Olgrun I wasn’t expecting to stay restricted to Superman. There’s five other planets out there for PKJ to explore, I’m sure Stewart will interact with one of them. Others like Aethyr are definitely getting used by writers like Waid. Yeah I think DC has tapped PKJ to write JL, to be the guy writing the anchor book driving the line. He has the ideas and the ambition for it. While I personally would prefer to have kept it all Superman restricted, this does take a lot of the stuff I like - the UP, the Warworld Saga - and force the rest of the DCU to take notice, if he’s writing it in JL.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

JLA would make sense for some of these threads. Here's hoping! It's not impossible, of course, that we'll get Superman Family (or similar) in February or later, but I think JLA makes the most sense right now
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

JLA makes sense so instead we will get some irrelevent 6 issues mini

Can’t ever bet against DC’s stupidity but I doubt he’d be as positive as he comes across as if he wasn’t being set up for something big. We’ve seen that DC has no problem forcing other writers to build on PKJ’s ideas. To me that makes it seem like he is being viewed as an architect, same as Ram V. I foresee a Hickman esque F4 -> Avengers move where PKJ takes what was supposed to just be an Action arc or a Superman crossover and instead makes it the through line of a run on the big team book.

Hell one of the dropped plot threads, the beef between Superman and Aquaman/Atlantis, makes more sense to do in JL since that is something which could reverberate across the entire superhero community.

Can’t ever bet against DC’s stupidity but I doubt he’d be as positive as he comes across as if he wasn’t being set up for something big. We’ve seen that DC has no problem forcing other writers to build on PKJ’s ideas. To me that makes it seem like he is being viewed as an architect, same as Ram V. I foresee a Hickman esque F4 -> Avengers move where PKJ takes what was supposed to just be an Action arc or a Superman crossover and instead makes it the through line of a run on the big team book.

Hell one of the dropped plot threads, the beef between Superman and Aquaman/Atlantis, makes more sense to do in JL since that is something which could reverberate across the entire superhero community.
    This beef actually came up in PG #1 to boot. Maybe they’re making sure people haven’t forgotten that plot thread for when/if it comes back in a big way.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well this is somewhat reassuring at least.

Hopefully he gets a new Superman title to continue his storylines without being too interrupted.

I get a similar feeling.

Some stuff like the Aspects of Olgrun I wasn’t expecting to stay restricted to Superman. There’s five other planets out there for PKJ to explore, I’m sure Stewart will interact with one of them. Others like Aethyr are definitely getting used by writers like Waid. Yeah I think DC has tapped PKJ to write JL, to be the guy writing the anchor book driving the line. He has the ideas and the ambition for it. While I personally would prefer to have kept it all Superman restricted, this does take a lot of the stuff I like - the UP, the Warworld Saga - and force the rest of the DCU to take notice, if he’s writing it in JL.
    It will be a bummer when Aethyr, Olgrun and the UP suddenly start to revolve around Batman, but maybe Superman will still be somehow important.