Page 368 of 376 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 5626
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Justice League has to be one of the most consistently bad books out there. No matter what they try, it ends up being mediocre.

Except for JLI I guess.
    I'm laughing because someone else is on the same page. The last 30 years of that franchise has mostly been attracting big name, very talented people to mediocre stories imo.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect that’s what they will do since Return of Kal-El wasn’t even really a crossover. Taylor and PKJ’s books didn’t connect at all, you don’t need one to understand the other (and I’d like to get a compendium without Taylor’s issues anyway).
    Huh I just now realized the Red Sin character introduced in that crossover as a new villain for Jon hasn't been brought back yet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm laughing because someone else is on the same page. The last 30 years of that franchise has mostly been attracting big name, very talented people to mediocre stories imo.
    Seriously.

I remember the hype around Snyder's run and it turned out to be so boring.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Finally able to read AC 1058.

Loved Steel cranking away for the new outfit for Supes. Also really liked how Clark was almost giddy with taking up a sword again. That last page was great. Saying that this creative team will be missed is a massive understatement. Sandoval draws everyone equally great but I love his Lois.

Kenan backup was solid as well. Just makes me want to see more of him. Perfectly written (obviously, considering the writer ). And I got a kick out of his noodle bit, lol. Thought the whole spy thing was cool.

While the Bibbo story didn’t necessarily contribute that much in the big picture, I did enjoy it and always love a Bibbo story. Metropolis hot dogs seem to be a big thing lately, eh? (Weren’t there some weirdo metropolis hot dogs in another book recently?) Got a chuckle out of Bibbo getting teary eyed when the twins asked to do it again next year.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

PKJ on Warworld:

The longest single story I've written to date has arrived, and I am so proud I can't stand it.
    The collected SUPERMAN: THE WARWORLD SAGA is on shelves THIS WEEK. 728 pages, written by me with art by some of the greatest artists living.
    To contribute to Superman's mythology this way is an honor I could never have earned and will never take for granted.
    Deepest thanks to all the fans and readers who supported and continue to support #ActionComics; to the army of professionals who came together to bring our sprawling epic into the real world (credits page attached); and to DC Comics for giving me a shot. I can never thank any of you enough, but I'll never stop trying. Truth and Justice.
    https://x.com/phillipkjohnson/status...5FceZvkee6cG3w

Love it.

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Got my copy!

Still want the second half of the run to be collected, hopefully this sells well enough to ensure that happens.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Got my copy!

Still want the second half of the run to be collected, hopefully this sells well enough to ensure that happens.
    Awesome. My copy is on order but hasn’t delivered yet. Will go great with the Warworld Supes action figure I picked up a while ago.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1059 Preview
    Writers: Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Gene Luen Yang and Dan Parent
    Artists: Eddy Barrows, Viktor Bogdanovic and Marguerite Sauvage

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Goddamn Superman is a badass here.

Superman proving it's more than just the powers that matter with his best buddy John Henry .

-I knew it! I knew it was the Empire of Shadows! God I’m actually excited for Batman to show up in Action, I can’t believe it. Then again this is a very different kind of Batman, and it’s an evil Batman who is being used in service to (hopefully) make Superman look good. What a refreshing concept as opposed to the all too often reverse.
    -Otho being the one Stone targets makes sense, like “Norah” points out, she’s a killer and the youngest daughter of the family. They have some things in common
    -God I love all the crazy tech that Steel has built over the run. It’s been great to have him be so involved and I’m going to be really disappointed if he gets dropped again with the “Superstars” next year
    -Shame Sandoval can’t finish this arc but I do enjoy Barrows
    -Nice little bit of Metropolis history with the street name, PKJ didn’t get to do as much of that as I was hoping for, but anything that plays up Metropolis as a “city of immigrants” suits me
    -Looks like Constantine and Etrigan will be showing up to help Superman delve into the Dark Multiverse to find Otho. Probably will learn the backstory of this Batman next issue, maybe even learn what happened to that Earth’s Superman too. Can’t wait!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hopefully it's Superman with prep time defeating an evil Batman for the sake of subverting all the tropes.

Jon Kent remains consistently 1 of the worse written characters in DC this issue wasn’t even bad for him but the fact they refuse to address the issue of what Clark & Lois did to him but still having him be so perfect, without addressing BS beyond a passing sentence is just ruining him as a character & anything he touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hopefully it's Superman with prep time defeating an evil Batman for the sake of subverting all the tropes.
    I’m hoping for a tactical chess match to play out between the two. Evil Bruce and his Empire of Shadows with their magic against Superman, the Superfamily, and their Warworld tech. Could make for a kickass finale.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I’m hoping for a tactical chess match to play out between the two. Evil Bruce and his Empire of Shadows with their magic against Superman, the Superfamily, and their Warworld tech. Could make for a kickass finale.
    Finger crossed for PKJ sticking the landing.