Page 373 of 376 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 5626
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah its a shame this clearly got rushed to the end, especially since a full war between the Super-Family and an Al Ghul/Batfamily is a really dope idea. DC really should have given PKJ more of a heads up about this.

Either way it was a great run, glad it lasted as long as it did. Hopefully PKJ's continuation is announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah its a shame this clearly got rushed to the end, especially since a full war between the Super-Family and an Al Ghul/Batfamily is a really dope idea. DC really should have given PKJ more of a heads up about this.

Either way it was a great run, glad it lasted as long as it did. Hopefully PKJ's continuation is announced soon.
    My guess is we won’t get an announcement until June. Williamson has his Brainiac event ending in April if memory serves me right, that will probably act as the culmination for the Dawn of DC era and then June will mark the beginning of the next linewide initiative.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Isn't it starting in April? I think thats when his Action "run" with Sandoval starts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think PKJ himself acknowledges that:

Attachment 136511

Having read the Action Annual last night , it was definitely rushed .
    This could have been like a 3 issue story arc . Maybe even longer .
    My question is about Jon , why wasn't he used at all ? I only see him in one panel sitting down .
    Was happy to see Kara , Conner , and Kenan in fighting mode but what about Jon ?
    Now , what happens to the twins ? Do they stay in Metropolis ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    My question is about Jon , why wasn't he used at all ? I only see him in one panel sitting down .
    Was happy to see Kara , Conner , and Kenan in fighting mode but what about Jon ?
    All them very good questions than the next writers will have to handle.

Jon Kent has become dead weight for the Superman books, as they don't know what to do with him. The whole forced grow up was done to push Jon as the 5G Superman but with that (thankfully) discarded, grow up Jon became an uncomfortable leftover of an aborted project.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hopefully whatever Jon is in next is away from Taylor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hopefully whatever Jon is in next is away from Taylor.
    Isn’t he taking Jon to the Titans to replace Beast Boy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    All them very good questions than the next writers will have to handle.

Jon Kent has become dead weight for the Superman books, as they don't know what to do with him. The whole forced grow up was done to push Jon as the 5G Superman but with that (thankfully) discarded, grow up Jon became an uncomfortable leftover of an aborted project.

I doubt that the answers will be in Action Comics . Hopefully Williamson in Superman will eventually give us answers to the status quo of all the Super Family .
    My take on Jon , if he's dead weight then he serves no purpose .
    Either de age Jon to be a kid or to create some drama , they could have him die in a battle .
    Much like Jason Todd died and changed Batman , the same could be done to Superman .
    But my guess is that Editorial doesn't know what to do with him .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    While I liked Etrigan in this you really have to wonder if it was correcr choice to include Constantine, Etrigan and Bloodwynd in this arc. Superfqmily could have benefited from those pages being used on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t he taking Jon to the Titans to replace Beast Boy?
    We don't know about any Titans roster changes, but Taylor will be writing Jon in Nightwing. Damian's been transformed and Dick's about to be, so Jon's the one who'll have to rescue them in the Beast World tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    While I liked Etrigan in this you really have to wonder if it was correcr choice to include Constantine, Etrigan and Bloodwynd in this arc. Superfqmily could have benefited from those pages being used on them.
    The biggest shortcoming of the back half of the run I’d say is that PKJ did a lousy job with the Superfamily other than some nice bits with the Twins and Steel. When he said Action wasn’t actually going to be a team book that should have tipped us off that the Family was not actually going to get much use or development. There’s some decent foundation laying done here for future writers to build on, Kon and Kenan becoming close, Kara mentoring the Twins, but that’s reliant on PKJ’s successors choosing to use the Family. Williamson might end up doing more with them for his Brainiac event, he’s already used Kara for Knight Terrors and Kon for the Chained arc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It reminds me a bit of Morrison's comics where often we'd get many characters in the background, but Morrison usually manages to add some cool details here and there about these characters that make it feel worthwhile. PKJ isn't there just yet.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The biggest shortcoming of the back half of the run I’d say is that PKJ did a lousy job with the Superfamily other than some nice bits with the Twins and Steel. When he said Action wasn’t actually going to be a team book that should have tipped us off that the Family was not actually going to get much use or development.
    Seems a bit harsh to say he did a lousy job with the thing he wasn't writing.

He set up the Super-fam to be capitalised on and DC haven't directly done so (now is the perfect time for a Superman Family book). That said, there have been the most Superman/adjacent spin-off books in a decade or more.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Seems a bit harsh to say he did a lousy job with the thing he wasn't writing.

He set up the Super-fam to be capitalised on and DC haven't directly done so (now is the perfect time for a Superman Family book). That said, there have been the most Superman/adjacent spin-off books in a decade or more.
    Indeed! Lots of Super-related books (many hits and some misses) but no shortage of content. Still sad to see PKJ go but the line is in solid shape for 2024. Let’s hope they keep it rolling!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Indeed! Lots of Super-related books (many hits and some misses) but no shortage of content.
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!

The book I've wanted since... Forever! I really hope it lives up to my admittedly un-live-up-to-able expectations. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!