Page 54 of 376 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Do we know if Johnson's run takes place after Death Metal?
    Yep it does.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I may not like the direction the books seem to be going in but there's nothing but praise in my mind for the artwork we've seen.

That's a nice Superman face .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I may not like the direction the books seem to be going in but there's nothing but praise in my mind for the artwork we've seen.
    Yep, the art is looking mighty fantastic, it's a shame I can't be as excited for the new direction as I was initially for FS, too many disappointments just stacking up one after another at this stage. I can't even hope I'm exaggerating but we'll see.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It reminds me of Clay Mann art style.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It reminds me of Clay Mann art style.
    I can definitely see some similarities yeah.

The more I think about it the more I feel that the roles between Clark and Jon should be reversed.

Jon should be the one who starts ou really anxious to be Superman and wants to do things and as be grows up he gets into trouble with the establishment and is forced to leave Earth, so as an adult he becomes a half kryptonian half human kid who has always been Superkid and now goes to space to put his foot on the ground and do stuff on a scale he thinks his father never even conceived.

Clark should be the middle aged dude who came out and did a lot of stuff but now he starts to see the energy in his son and starts to feel like he hasn't done enough andnow is the time to use his punlic image to change the world. Plus he has to grip with having to send him away but also having to stay because Earth needs him and at the end of the day, once he learns what happened on Krypton he feels even more that earth is where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The more I think about it the more I feel that the roles between Clark and Jon should be reversed.

Jon should be the one who starts ou really anxious to be Superman and wants to do things and as be grows up he gets into trouble with the establishment and is forced to leave Earth, so as an adult he becomes a half kryptonian half human kid who has always been Superkid and now goes to space to put his foot on the ground and do stuff on a scale he thinks his father never even conceived.

Clark should be the middle aged dude who came out and did a lot of stuff but now he starts to see the energy in his son and starts to feel like he hasn't done enough andnow is the time to use his punlic image to change the world. Plus he has to grip with having to send him away but also having to stay because Earth needs him and at the end of the day, once he learns what happened on Krypton he feels even more that earth is where he belongs.
    That’s already been done though in Bendis Superman and Andrekyo Supergirl. Bendis had Supes form the UP and generally make a big push to try to get Earth involved in the wider galactic community, revels his identity to the world, and generally take a more proactive approach. Andrekyo had Kara leave because she felt like she didn’t fit in on Earth and went off into the cosmos with Krypto.

And the idea of Clark eventually departing Earth to go off and explore the universe has its roots in One Million where it’s said Superman eventually left Earth in the care of “Superman Secundus” and traveled the universe before eventually returning and ascending to solar godhood.

That’s already been done though in Bendis Superman and Andrekyo Supergirl. Bendis had Supes form the UP and generally make a big push to try to get Earth involved in the wider galactic community, revels his identity to the world, and generally take a more proactive approach. Andrekyo had Kara leave because she felt like she didn’t fit in on Earth and went off into the cosmos with Krypto.

And the idea of Clark eventually departing Earth to go off and explore the universe has its roots in One Million where it’s said Superman eventually left Earth in the care of “Superman Secundus” and traveled the universe before eventually returning and ascending to solar godhood.
    I know, but I disagree with the notion that Clark would stay away from earth for more than a year, and it really doesn't make sense for Clark to be exiled but Jon being allowed to stay, whereas the inverse makes sense.

I know, but I disagree with the notion that Clark would stay away from earth for more than a year, and it really doesn't make sense for Clark to be exiled but Jon being allowed to stay, whereas the inverse makes sense.
    We don’t know the specifics of why Clark is exiled but it seems to be something he did, in which case it makes sense that he would be exiled for it. Jon is also half-human, if anything he’d be more likely to be embraced by Earth since he’s “one of us” rather than his full blooded Kryptonian father or cousin.

We don’t know the specifics of why Clark is exiled but it seems to be something he did, in which case it makes sense that he would be exiled for it. Jon is also half-human, if anything he’d be more likely to be embraced by Earth since he’s “one of us” rather than his full blooded Kryptonian father or cousin.
    Jon is an even less experienced Superman. Superman had at least 2 decades of being beloved so if his son screws up then he can still be seen as responsible, although maybe a bad father. But if Clark screws up then powers Jon is the son of the great hero who somehow became so dangerous tgat he had to leave the planet, and Jon doesn't have the same years of being the sole great icon to back up his claim on earth. Him being half human honestly doesn't seem to me like ut would help because people would only see the kryptonian since he has the powers.

Jon is an even less experienced Superman. Superman had at least 2 decades of being beloved so if his son screws up then he can still be seen as responsible, although maybe a bad father. But if Clark screws up then powers Jon is the son of the great hero who somehow became so dangerous tgat he had to leave the planet, and Jon doesn't have the same years of being the sole great icon to back up his claim on earth. Him being half human honestly doesn't seem to me like ut would help because people would only see the kryptonian since he has the powers.
    Right but again, we don’t know what it was exactly that Clark did that got him exiled. And people are fickle, they can turn on you in an instant. Never count on the crowd’s love lasting, so I see no problem with the public turning on Clark if his screw up was grave enough.

You’d be surprised how much stock people put in heritage. I mean just look at the writers and how they describe Jon. He’s “more relatable, more flawed, more human” because he has that human heritage. To some Clark will always be “the alien” but Jon is Earth born and has human heritage. That stuff has weight to some people.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Regarding experience from a reader stand point,If you are talking history.Clark was superman without us audiences ever knowing his credential from day one.He didn't have peoples trust as well in story.People don't trust jon (in story or outside) or any of the flying paragons like kara either for that matter.They are expecting jon specifically to fail.Jon just doesn't bloody care. he isn't waiting for their acceptance.He might like them to accept him.But,he isn't willing to stop doing what he thinks is right.Jon isn't under anybody's pay roll for being subservient to their whims and fancies.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-09-2021 at 01:33 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"