Page 55 of 376 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Your guess on this plz?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Your guess on this plz?

Morrison’s influence is running pretty strongly through all the Superman FS books, pretty obvious what that’s a reference too. Interesting that PKJ is using it to advertise Worlds of War next week, I would’ve thought something like this better suited to House of El. Wonder how the Superman Dynasty will play into Supes fighting through Warworld?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

** Squints hard **

**Checks "Power Girl forgotten in Super family splash page"**

My Superfam bingo card basically has two free squares every time I play. This is rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    ** Squints hard **

**Checks "Power Girl forgotten in Super family splash page"**

My Superfam bingo card basically has two free squares every time I play. This is rad.
    Hah well this is Earth 0 Clark’s Superfamily, and he and Karen aren’t close. PKJ did mention that PG would be a good fit for his Sept event, whatever that is, so maybe she’ll show up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah well this is Earth 0 Clark’s Superfamily, and he and Karen aren’t close. PKJ did mention that PG would be a good fit for his Sept event, whatever that is, so maybe she’ll show up there.
    *Checks bingo card to find "kill a Super family member to show we are serious" unticked.*

*Sweats profusely*

We'll see how this all shakes out. I just want it to be March already.

Hahaha. We'll see

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If that's issue of War of Worlds then it's more than likely a shot of the imagination of a Clark Kent admirer back on Earth explaining what they think Clark is doing out in space.

PKJ said that issue #1 of War of Worlds would be all about what we think of Superman, and would have people telling stories about what they assume he's doing and why he left, and then issue #2 would be about what he's actually doing and what he thinks of us.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9OmAth...d=a0rm1pi4vobd

First big miss of the PKJ era. Can we seriously get a writer who writes at least 12 issues of Superman before bringing Batman in? I know most would rather be writing Bats but at least try to pretend that you’re excited to dive into the Supermythos. Batman writers can go entire runs without bringing in Supes but we can’t go 4 issues without them throwing in a Batman cameo.

First big miss of the PKJ era. Can we seriously get a writer who writes at least 12 issues of Superman before bringing Batman in? I know most would rather be writing Bats but at least try to pretend that you’re excited to dive into the Supermythos. Batman writers can go entire runs without bringing in Supes but we can’t go 4 issues without them throwing in a Batman cameo.
    God-flippin'-dammit.

Not even going cosmic can keep Batman out of these books.

Incredible Member

First big miss was already the complete lack of plans for Lois and her status as "just" the first of Superman's spouses throughout his life. This is definitely #2, though.

Outside of the first issue Bendis was pretty good at keeping Batman out of the Superman books, but damn I’m exhausted of Batman being there. If Clark needs a detective bring in Maggie Sawyer. If he needs tech support bring in John Henry Irons. You’re not writing Batman/Superman, you’re writing Superman, use the Superman cast members who don’t get much use. Especially since PKJ has said he won’t be using the traditional cast. Fine, so be it, but you’re bringing f****** Batman in over Lois or the other Daily Planet members?

That’s a big disappointment for me, I can’t lie. Especially since none of the other leaguers have this problem. Batman isn’t constantly showing up in Flash, or Aquaman, or WW, or GL, so why the hell is he constantly in Superman? It’s like writers just can’t help themselves, so close to the character they actually want to write, and he’s Superman’s BFFL right so it makes sense! Except there’s an entire damn book about those two teaming up, so NO he shouldn’t be there.

I think since the start of the New 52 we don't have a run that didn't have Batman appear on the first year, most times he was there on the opening arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not even going cosmic can keep Batman out of these books.
    But it does limit Lois Lane, his wife and mother of the other protagonist they're pushing. This is ridiculous.

Outside of the first issue Bendis was pretty good at keeping Batman out of the Superman books, but damn I’m exhausted of Batman being there. If Clark needs a detective bring in Maggie Sawyer. If he needs tech support bring in John Henry Irons. You’re not writing Batman/Superman, you’re writing Superman, use the Superman cast members who don’t get much use. Especially since PKJ has said he won’t be using the traditional cast. Fine, so be it, but you’re bringing f****** Batman in over Lois or the other Daily Planet members?

That’s a big disappointment for me, I can’t lie. Especially since none of the other leaguers have this problem. Batman isn’t constantly showing up in Flash, or Aquaman, or WW, or GL, so why the hell is he constantly in Superman? It’s like writers just can’t help themselves, so close to the character they actually want to write, and he’s Superman’s BFFL right so it makes sense! Except there’s an entire damn book about those two teaming up, so NO he shouldn’t be there.
    He's an investigative journalist. If he needs a detective, he changes his clothes and goes to work or gets Lois to consult/join the case.

Except DC gives the book to people who would rather write about Bruce.