Page 56 of 376 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But it does limit Lois Lane, his wife and mother of the other protagonist they're pushing. This is ridiculous.
    Now I'm suddenly imagining Batman was somehow one of Superman's several other wives after Lois .

BANNED

so instead of a Superman comic, it will be a Batman comic (it will prove that he is better than Superman) with Superman as a guest. at this rate DC will release a comic from Clark's wedding night and Batman will also be present, look at how he does farm boy. DC has completely destroyed Superman. Superman does not have his own comic, it is a team comic in which Batman appears almost as much as Superman, if Batman is not this WW, that when all the JL is not there, Jon is the real Superman, Lex and Breiniac are enemies of the JL . DC hates Superman and every day is clearer.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9OmAth...d=a0rm1pi4vobd

First big miss of the PKJ era. Can we seriously get a writer who writes at least 12 issues of Superman before bringing Batman in? I know most would rather be writing Bats but at least try to pretend that you’re excited to dive into the Supermythos. Batman writers can go entire runs without bringing in Supes but we can’t go 4 issues without them throwing in a Batman cameo.
    There we go again .. DC comics must change name to Batman comics ..Everything is batman, batman batman ..I can't take this anymore

It feels weird defending this run when its already been off to a bad start for me. But...I think folks might be jumping the gun a bit over one picture of Batman. I should know. I'm the king of jumping the gun.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-13-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Yeah, bit of a slight overreaction, I think. One Batman appearance isn't going to automatically ruin the run. He's Batman, DC's most popular character, like Spider-Man or Wolverine at Marvel, He's just bound to make appearances everywhere. I'd at least want to know the context of his appearance before disowning the whole run.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-13-2021 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, but if a slight overreaction, I think. One Batman appearance isn't going to automatically ruin the run. He's Batman, DC's most popular character, like Spider-Man or Wolverine at Marvel, He's just bound to make appearances everywhere. I'd at least want to know the context of his appearance before disowning the whole run.
    How many times has Spiderman defeated Thor. how many times Spiderman explains things to Thor about Asgard. How many times does Spiderman appear in Thor comics?

Incredible Member

A single appearence is not going to ruin the run, no. It is, however, when coupled with PKJ's constant mentions of Batman in his interviews for his Superman run (and with how it was far easier for him to explain Batman's appeal for him than Superman's), a terrible sign.

Still, not worse than his complete lack of plans for Lois, either as her own character or as a supporting one for Clark or Jon. That's way, way worse than any Batman cameo.

I mean this is a man who labeled Bendis's work as brilliant specifically the way he treated & did so much for the characters so what did y'all expect his taste is already trash. Any sane writer would give the Superside a full rebrand post Bendis but this dude is a kissass from the looks of it so here we are another would be Batman writer directing the Superbrand. Prepare for 2 more years of nothing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think you guys are overeacting a bit, a batman appearance isn't the end of the wold.

BANNED

I do not think this is exaggerating, for a long time the Superman comics have stopped being Superman. Supersons appeared in the Superman comics, why not the Batman comics. Leviathan appeared in the superman comics, why not in the Batman comics. In new 52, ​​WW appeared constantly in the Superman comic, but Superman never once in the WW comic. In rebirth the Superman comics are team comics, WW appeared against doomsday, because the other heroes can alone against their villains but Superman needs help, Batman appears every 2 or 3 numbers, the JL more of the same. I do not care if this comic is good, I will not buy it, I will do the same with any Superman comic in which another hero appears, until Superman does not appear with the same frequency in the comic of other characters I will not buy this class of comics,
    and I hope I'm not the only one, that these comics sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It feels weird defending this run when its already been off to a bad start for me. But...I think folks might be jumping the gun a bit over one picture of Batman. I should know. I'm the king of jumping the gun.
    Yeah, but we are not just talking about just PKJ run here, we are talking about every Superman run in the last 5 years or so. In the first year of that run, if not the first arc, Batman or some other member of the JL appears. It's not always a huge appearance, but it always happens, WW was there in the first arc of Jurgens run on Action Comics during rebirth, in Tomasi and Gleason's run Superman went to one of Batman's hideout on the moon to fight the Eradicator and Lois used the Hellbat armour, later she started to walk around with the Hellbat's glove as a weapon. Batman was the one that said Jon could be stronger than Clark, Batman was the one Superman called when he needed help to investigate the Invisible Mafia.
    Eventh Leviathan, supposedly a Superman event had more Batman in it than Clark.

This don't happen with other characters, Batman don't show up in every WW run, Flash is not there in every Batman run either.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The fact that, in interviews, PKJ only seemed to reference Batman, Batman, and more Batman whenever he cited an example from comics would be a pretty strong indicator that he loves that character, so I'm not surprised that Batman is showing up.

My hopes are not high that PKJ is going to move the needle in terms of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I do not think this is exaggerating, for a long time the Superman comics have stopped being Superman. Supersons appeared in the Superman comics, why not the Batman comics. Leviathan appeared in the superman comics, why not in the Batman comics. In new 52, ​​WW appeared constantly in the Superman comic, but Superman never once in the WW comic. In rebirth the Superman comics are team comics, WW appeared against doomsday, because the other heroes can alone against their villains but Superman needs help, Batman appears every 2 or 3 numbers, the JL more of the same. I do not care if this comic is good, I will not buy it, I will do the same with any Superman comic in which another hero appears, until Superman does not appear with the same frequency in the comic of other characters I will not buy this class of comics,
    and I hope I'm not the only one, that these comics sink.
    Did you just compare Wonder Woman to Superman? I'd say Superman has been treated much better than Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The fact that, in interviews, PKJ only seemed to reference Batman, Batman, and more Batman whenever he cited an example from comics would be a pretty strong indicator that he loves that character, so I'm not surprised that Batman is showing up.

My hopes are not high that PKJ is going to move the needle in terms of Superman.
    This. He seems like a good dude but all I'm hearing is "Batman is rad, I'm excellent at world building and Christopher Reeve is my Superman." Aside from the bit about world building, which is a rare and wonderful talent to bring to the table and the sole thing I'm excited about going forward, this is really sounding like the consolation prize DC hands writers who didn't get Batman.

I just want to read a Superman book that builds his corner of the universe and doesn't bring Bruce in until we have roles for the immediate cast. Look, if Doomsday is slamming into Metropolis again in a retelling of DoS, yes, the JLA should at some point show up. Other than that? Please no. There's no role Bruce can fill that other characters in Clark's orbit (or Clark himself if we're not watering him down to "well-meaning hick in tights").

But hey, the compromise for getting a Lois and Jimmy maxi was to ship them off to Gotham and one of them was a stealth Question/Rucka pet project so this is very on-brand for DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, bit of a slight overreaction, I think. One Batman appearance isn't going to automatically ruin the run. He's Batman, DC's most popular character, like Spider-Man or Wolverine at Marvel, He's just bound to make appearances everywhere. I'd at least want to know the context of his appearance before disowning the whole run.
    It’s not specific to PKJ, I don’t think this is going to ruin the run or anything, but it’s annoying when a writer has no interest in using the Superman supporting cast and Rogues, yet will make sure Batman shows up. Even if he shows up for just a cameo like I assume is the case, I still just can’t help feeling disappointed. And yes Batman is popular, but he doesn’t show up in the other Leaguers ongoings as often as he does Superman’s. That’s my problem and it’s one that Tomasi, Bendis, and PKJ are all guilty of.

I just wanted to get that complaint off my chest, I’m still looking forward to what’s coming. But any writer that can start their Superman run with at least 12 issues Batman free gets major kudos from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean this is a man who labeled Bendis's work as brilliant specifically the way he treated & did so much for the characters so what did y'all expect his taste is already trash. Any sane writer would give the Superside a full rebrand post Bendis but this dude is a kissass from the looks of it so here we are another would be Batman writer directing the Superbrand. Prepare for 2 more years of nothing.
    I kind of regret criticizing PKJ now lol. So just to be clear to everyone where I stand:
    1. I liked Bendis run, and while this may come as a shock, there are those of us who far prefer Bendis to Tomasi
    2. Tomasi was much worse about shoving Batman into his run. Batman was in the first issue and both he & Damian played a pretty big role in the first half. Batman and Damian played far more impactful roles in his run than Lois did, she was there to be the happy housewife and cook pies for her boys.
    3. We are getting a rebrand it’s just not to your taste. What else would you call Supes going full cosmic adventurer and leaving the traditional status quo behind?
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-13-2021 at 08:30 PM.