Page 8 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The "One Universe" nonsense seems more like addressing DC's infinite reboots by pretending everything published is canon somehow but let's not think too much about it and move forward. Dunno how it's really supposed to work.

It’s basically the Marvel method. Yes everything happened. Yes those stories with Tony Stark fighting communists from Soviet Russia still happened even though that’s impossible to reconcile with Tony being a young 20/30 something. No we aren’t going to explain how, shut up and deal with it nerds. I’m cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You mean Kamala Khan lite, sorry I couldn't resist.
    honestly, Naomi was one of the only ideas Bendis brought to the table that I approved of. I don't mind her being given more exposure. I just hope he doesn't do what he did with his Young Justice run, where the characters he added were the worst parts and dragged the whole book down. I like Naomi. So I'd really like to keep liking her lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-16-2020 at 02:03 PM.

I will say if they ship Jon with Yara Flor in Future State I might forgive them for not de-aging Jon. Hey, what can I say, it would fulfill my latent Superman/Wonder Woman shipping desires (sort of) while still maintaining Clois a perfect world.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    honestly, Naomi was one of the only ideas Bendis brought to the table that I approved of. I don't mind seeing being given more exposure. I just hope he doesn't do what he did with his Young Justice run, where the characters he added were the worst parts and dragged the whole book down. I like Naomi. So I'd really like to keep liking her lol
    I know, it was a joke to bring some much needed levity to this thread.

Honestly I think most of you will enjoy PKJ more than Bendis, simply because at his worst PKJ would just be rather banal or boring. And he’ll be using “normal” dialogue so those of you who hate Bendisspeak will have that to look forward too lol.

I will say if they ship Jon with Yara Flor in Future State I might forgive them for not de-aging Jon. Hey, what can I say, it would fulfill my latent Superman/Wonder Woman shipping desires (sort of) while still maintaining Clois a perfect world.
    Hah didn’t know that about you.

I suspect they will and that it will carry over into current continuity as far as them meeting "for real". It won't do anything for me personally but I could easily see it. One of the reasons I don't think he'll be de-aged, beyond it just seemingly like current writers enjoy writing him like this. And if he's leaving the 31st century obviously the Saturn Girl romance will be dead in the water.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I suspect they will and that it will carry over into current continuity as far as them meeting "for real". It won't do anything for me personally but I could easily see it. One of the reasons I don't think he'll be de-aged, beyond it just seemingly like current writers enjoy writing him like this.
    I see Damian getting aged up to join Jon & Yara rather than Jon getting deaged to be Frank. Like how Franklin Richards went from a little kid to a teenager practically overnight.

You know, I was thinking the same thing to be honest. As time goes on it seems like Damian being aged up again is the bigger possibility over Jon being aged back down. Generally speaking he'd only need to go up a couple years, 15 or so, to be in that ballpark of your normal teenager and developmentally at least close that gap between them.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s basically the Marvel method. Yes everything happened. Yes those stories with Tony Stark fighting communists from Soviet Russia still happened even though that’s impossible to reconcile with Tony being a young 20/30 something. No we aren’t going to explain how, shut up and deal with it nerds. I’m cool with that.
    Yeah, but DC has do deal with a fractured history due to its multiple reboots. You'll get Miller's Year One and Snyder's Year Zero treated both as canon even if it doesn't make sense. and so on for every other piece of continuity.

I see Damian getting aged up to join Jon & Yara rather than Jon getting deaged to be Frank. Like how Franklin Richards went from a little kid to a teenager practically overnight.
    I could live with that if the alternative is them having a permanent age gap.

....Hah didn’t know that about you.
    Yeah, I try not to be annoying about it (I usually keep my love confined to the SMWW Appreciation Threads, I see no reason to push views on others). However, I'm one of those rare SMWW shippers who also likes Clois, yeah, I'm an oddball. So, this would be a good solution for me (Jon x Yara).

Yeah, I try not to be annoying about it (I usually keep my love confined to the SMWW Appreciation Threads, I see no reason to push views on others). However, I'm one of those rare SMWW shippers who also likes Clois, yeah, I'm an oddball. So, this would be a good solution for me (Jon x Yara).
    Congrats on cutting the proverbial shipping Gordian knot

Congrats on cutting the proverbial shipping Gordian knot
    I accept humbly your congratulations.

We don't know how old Yara is supposed to be but that would probably split the difference at this point.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Here’s some of Sampre’s stuff. He mostly worked on Injustice so no shocker you don’t recognize him lol:
    http://www.nutopia-agency.com/comics...l_Sampere.html
    This is looking sugary sweet.