Page 9 of 376 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Heh, I've calmed down. I'll give the book a shot in January. We comic book fans tend to be too passionate at times, myself included. At the end of the day, all we really need are good stories and good characterization. While Bends was not for me others did enjoy him. I hope we all (as impossible as that seems) find something to love with the new run.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, but DC has do deal with a fractured history due to its multiple reboots. You'll get Miller's Year One and Snyder's Year Zero treated both as canon even if it doesn't make sense. and so on for every other piece of continuity.
    I'd say that Marvel's continuity is relatively intact but time scaling is a constant. For DC, both time scaling AND continuity are completely broken (and nothing from Death Metal could ever repair that).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I see Damian getting aged up to join Jon & Yara rather than Jon getting deaged to be Frank. Like how Franklin Richards went from a little kid to a teenager practically overnight.
    I actually thought at one point that they could just put aged Jon on a parallel earth in pure classic Super-sons fashion, in order to get rid of him on main earth.
    Heck, PKJ's story seems to involve some kind of time shenanigan, so who knows.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I'd say that Marvel's continuity is relatively intact but time scaling is a constant. For DC, both time scaling AND continuity are completely broken (and nothing from Death Metal could ever repair that).
    Yeah, usually when Marvel flashbacks to something "old" they just modernize it or re-date it to a later date than when it actually happened.

Can’t believe it took me this long but I think I realized why they’re not deaging Jon: Superman & Lois. Jon is a teenager in that, younger than his current comic self but still waaaay older than 10. Creative synergy baby, lines up with DC pretty blatantly moving into becoming an IP factory.

Astonishing Member

Can’t believe it took me this long but I think I realized why they’re not deaging Jon: Superman & Lois. Jon is a teenager in that, younger than his current comic self but still waaaay older than 10. Creative synergy baby, lines up with DC pretty blatantly moving into becoming an IP factory.
    Probably.
    And at this point I guess we could expect a brother along the way.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Probably.
    And at this point I guess we could expect a brother along the way.
    I don’t think so honestly. They’d have to age that kid up too and I don’t think DC would go for that again (least I hope not). Maybe a sister down the line given both Bendis & Tomasi teased the idea.

And I used to appreciate the lack of forced synergy from DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I used to appreciate the lack of forced synergy from DC .
    As they say, be careful what you wish for.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The idea of another auto-adolescent kid sends chills down my spine.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

A run that seems to heavily feature Jon while also teasing a redux of Death of Superman? Not feeling it.

Written by the guy who did Last God? Now you have my attention.

Getting Hester? Well now I'm intrigued.

I'm still going to wait until we hear more about the books before I commit but at the moment it's looking pretty damn likely that I'll give it a few issues to win me over. If PKJ doesn't just revert (most) everything back to the standard status quo and continues to builds forward, then I just might still have Superman comics to read!
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-16-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The idea of another auto-adolescent kid sends chills down my spine.
    I was debating whether or not mention that you would no doubt find the idea horrifying lol. But hey it looks like there’s a lot of Superman content coming. Fingers crossed at least some of it will appeal to you.

Yep yep. Red and Blue seems really cool. And who knows, maybe I check this out at the very least to support a fresh talent.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This is looking sugary sweet.
    Dang. That looks fucking awesome.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Here’s some of Sampre’s stuff. He mostly worked on Injustice so no shocker you don’t recognize him lol:
    http://www.nutopia-agency.com/comics...l_Sampere.html

Definitely a step up from Romita Jr.
    This isn’t even completely accurate of what Sampere can do because that’s a few years old now.

Check this out: https://twitter.com/aquamanuniverse/...236123650?s=21

The more I think about it, the less I become convinced the Secret ID is being put back. I mean, I think there's still a chance, but I'm not thinking definite anymore. Changing status quo doesn't have to mean reversals of anything.