Page 90 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I get the feeling that the minions of Mongul are a younger version and an older version of himself.
    Like the one in the tube can be a baby Mongul and the one with the cane is a old man Mongul.
    That would be wild but I think they’re just different members of his species. Or did he genocide his species? Once upon a time he wanted Warworld to conquer his home world iirc, but we’ve never really gotten much info on what other members of his species are like outside his immediate family.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Cover for issue 32

And just in case anyone was wondering, yes, it is a homage....

Ultimate Peter, is that you?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That would be wild but I think they’re just different members of his species. Or did he genocide his species? Once upon a time he wanted Warworld to conquer his home world iirc, but we’ve never really gotten much info on what other members of his species are like outside his immediate family.
    I actually think that kalai is right.
    As far as I remember, Mongul's species actually doesn't even have a name. We just know about Mongul's family. We just know that its members have been killing each other and succeeding each other for a long time but for some reason there's always one Mongul. Maybe he is his own species.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I actually think that kalai is right.
    As far as I remember, Mongul's species actually doesn't even have a name. We just know about Mongul's family. We just know that its members have been killing each other and succeeding each other for a long time but for some reason there's always one Mongul. Maybe he is his own species.
    Well I don’t think anyone is clamoring to see Mongul have sex
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-25-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Speaking of Mongul:

CF6C8262-39B7-43B0-BE80-ECAD2F61E7D0.jpg

Sampere is definitely going to make him look cool!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of Mongul:

CF6C8262-39B7-43B0-BE80-ECAD2F61E7D0.jpg

Sampere is definitely going to make him look cool!
    Really like that he looks less like a big hulk of a guy, and a bit more upright and almost calculating.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Fantastic Member

The first two issues felt like a big mistake. I hope he is not losing readers because of Hester's art just before the run really starts.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    The first two issues felt like a big mistake. I hope he is not losing readers because of Hester's art just before the run really starts.
    I’m assuming they wanted PKJ’s run proper to start on the even #30 and #1030 but yeah, don’t think this was the best way to kick off a new run.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Cover for issue 32

I still don't care for that hairstyle or the armourish look.Hmmm! something i noticed,Jon in this one looking towards the same place clark does.He is smaller,younger and leaner version of clark.As if jon has become the part.in the older image,jon is looking up at clark.while clark is looking down at him.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-25-2021 at 10:44 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Cover for issue 32

And just in case anyone was wondering, yes, it is a homage....

Is Clark particularly tall? I always pegged him as 6`3 or 4. So, Jon being that much shorter at 17 is interesting, either he's got a lot more growing to do, or he might not be as tall.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm enjoying this so far, but the complete side-lining of Lois is a bit of a sore spot for me. I get that PKJ is telling a story about a fathers & sons, but making the wife & mother a non-character is a very odd choice, but it's possible there are editorial edicts that I'm not aware of.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Is Clark particularly tall? I always pegged him as 6`3 or 4. So, Jon being that much shorter at 17 is interesting, either he's got a lot more growing to do, or he might not be as tall.
    No, boys should be done growing by 17. I imagine it's just lack of knowledge or forethought on the part of the artist.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Eh, comics always do this, and use height as a metric for age and/or their standing in the hierarchy.

Go look at how tall artists used to draw Wally West, back when he was the primary Flash; he's roughly as tall as the other members of the League. But now they draw him as being shorter than Barry.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

PKJ is boring. (Tomasis did family drama much better in his Superman run, imo.)

After Yang's awesome debut issue #1 over on Batman-Superman, looks like that will be my Superman book for now.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I liked Hester’s work on Green Arrow back in the day but it’s just not right for Superman and especially a cosmic story with alien monsters. It’s getting a lot of hate on social media from people who aren’t familiar with his previous work. I’m sure it’s pretty jarring if you’ve never seen it before.