Page 246 of 376 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5626

More Mark Waid Batman & Justice League Kino

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SUPERMAN: KAL-EL RETURNS SPECIAL #1
    Written by MARK WAID, SINA GRACE, ALEX SEGURA, and MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by MAX RAYNOR, DEAN HASPIEL, JACK HERBERT, and REILLY BROWN
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE 1:25
    variant cover by MARIO “FOX” FOCCILLO
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock) ON SALE 11/29/22

"Kal-El has returned from his long sojourn to Warworld, but what ramifications does this hold for the broader DC Universe?" an official synopsis for Superman: Kal-El Returns Special #1 reads. "In this special issue, we'll spotlight Kal-El's reunion with the Dark Knight, Jimmy Olsen, the Justice League, and... Lex Luthor?! Plus: witness the never-before-revealed look at the moments leading to Superman's abduction by Pariah in the Dark Crisis event! The march toward Action Comics #1050 continues in this essential special volume!"
    **** off....

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    **** off....
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I don't get it, whats the issue exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I don't get it, whats the issue exactly?
    We will have a entire story dedicated to Batman. It's been a trend for a long time now, how Superman writers can't resist the urge to put Batman in Superman stories. Something have to be investigated? He calls Batman, even if Clark is a great investigative reporter and is married to a even better one. Some science issue? Call Batman.

Other Justice League members go whole runs without any cameos from other Leaguers, while I can't remember a single Superman run in the last decade where Batman didn't appeared in the first couple arcs.

Honestly, is really refreshing Steel is the one researching Genesis instead of Bruce.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    We will have a entire story dedicated to Batman. It's been a trend for a long time now, how Superman writers can't resist the urge to put Batman in Superman stories. Something have to be investigated? He calls Batman, even if Clark is a great investigative reporter and is married to a even better one. Some science issue? Call Batman.

Other Justice League members go whole runs without any cameos from other Leaguers, while I can't remember a single Superman run in the last decade where Batman didn't appeared in the first couple arcs.

Honestly, is really refreshing Steel is the one researching Genesis instead of Bruce.
    Ohhhhhh I get it, damn thats a good reason.

Like how Black Panther and Storm fans are annoyed at how the 2 characters are always stuck to each other.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-08-2022 at 06:41 PM.

More art from Federeci!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SUPERMAN: KAL-EL RETURNS SPECIAL #1
    Written by MARK WAID, SINA GRACE, ALEX SEGURA, and MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by MAX RAYNOR, DEAN HASPIEL, JACK HERBERT, and REILLY BROWN
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE 1:25
    variant cover by MARIO “FOX” FOCCILLO
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock) ON SALE 11/29/22

"Kal-El has returned from his long sojourn to Warworld, but what ramifications does this hold for the broader DC Universe?" an official synopsis for Superman: Kal-El Returns Special #1 reads. "In this special issue, we'll spotlight Kal-El's reunion with the Dark Knight, Jimmy Olsen, the Justice League, and... Lex Luthor?! Plus: witness the never-before-revealed look at the moments leading to Superman's abduction by Pariah in the Dark Crisis event! The march toward Action Comics #1050 continues in this essential special volume!"

Source: https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-superm...ark-crisis-dc/
    Waid is getting a push, his comeback to DC seems to have been a success. I’m happy for him, writing Superman is the one thing he’s been desperate to do for ages. Just wish it wasn’t tied to Batman but he does write the relationship between the two well. Sina Grace writing Jimmy Olsen? Interesting he’s been drifting more and more into the Superman circle of things between the Clark Kent YA book and now this. His Gotham Girl backup was good so hoping this is enjoyable too. Alex Segura I don’t know. Wolfman should get to do a follow up to his Superman origin, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed that. Would rather see him follow that up than do more nostalgia stuff involving Titans or Crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ohhhhhh I get it, damn thats a good reason.

Like how Black Panther and Storm fans are annoyed at how the 2 characters are always stuck to each other.
    It’s pretty much exactly like that lol. Batman was the original home wrecker for us like how Storm has become for T’Challa lol. The World’s Finest bromance turned toxic. Yet Waid writing a Superman & Batman reunion does make sense given he’s the one writing the Batman/Superman book.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-08-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I hope that 1050 ends up being interesting because so far every Superman announcement after Warworld Apocalpyse is full of red flags. At least to me.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I finally picked up the HC of The Last God. Had been waiting to get a rewards point discount at my LCS but wanted to snag a copy before they changed the name.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/phil...re-chronicles/

At any rate, its friggin awesome to see the seeds of PKJ and Federici's work in AC. Always thought the fantasy elements in the Warwold story were cool, pretty awesome to dive in to their actual fantasy epic. Only 2 chapters in but loving it so far. When it resumes, not sure if I'll want to wait for a collected work HC again.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jason todd green lantern ftw!!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I hope that 1050 ends up being interesting because so far every Superman announcement after Warworld Apocalpyse is full of red flags. At least to me.
    I don’t follow but everyone has their own taste. Supes and Steel teaming up, Metallo being the next villain to get focused on, Metropolis getting some worldbuilding, these are all stuff I’ve wanted.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I dont mknow about future anouncements, but so far Ive enjoyed a lot PKJ's run. I trust him

The Radiant Dead (foes that Byla teased would cause Superman and the GLC to team up) make an appearance in the GL Dark Crisis tie in. They seem to be connected to Darkseid in some way based on the Omega symbol. Lot of Fourth World connections coming up in Action.