Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not going to rehash a lot of the points made about sales, but I think one that a lot of people are overlooking is that the actual monthly floppy sales probably don't matter as much as people think. There's not much meaningful difference between 35K sales and 60K sales to a company like WB's that's mainly interested in the IP use of these ideas outside of comics.

And I think PKJ hit the nail on the head - to the point where I would not be surprised if he was just repeating a point made higher up the food chain than he is - that WB's has settled into a "evolution" of Superman's arc that they see as something that can seed all kinds of stories. You have the young startup (My Adventures with Superman), the established Superman & Lois, and passing of the torch setting (Action and Son of Kal El). That's an easy elevator pitch, self contained, set up for any stage of Superman. It's a versatile time line they can mine for tons of different setups as they're doing right now. It's not that different than what they have established with Batman either with like a Year One, Batfamily, and DKR's evolution that they can mine.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    So was PKJ when he said the entire Superman office loves Jon, even though they seem to be ignoring what made people fall in love with him in the first place.

I'll wait for concrete, on-the-page depictions of what he claims.
    Aside from the kid Jon fanatics, the general consensus seems to be that PJK is writing a much better teen Jon and people are seeing the same things that they enjoyed about Jon before. Really, there's an extremely small vocal minority of fans that are hardcore kid Jon fans. I muted like 3 people on twitter who were getting obnoxious with the negative posts on anything PKJ or Taylor said about it and since that I've pretty much stopped seeing the complaints.
    Last edited by Yoda; 06-13-2021 at 06:49 AM.