Looks like Doc Shaner is doing something for Superman if I’m understanding the tweet correctly, unless it’s just a personal piece.

https://twitter.com/docshaner/status...274770950?s=21

I wonder if it’s related to the Tom King Superman project that’s coming?
Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
While it can get out of hand, I'd actually have to disagree with the idea that doing this has zero chance of yielding results (be they immediate results or otherwise). Much as I hate using this as an example (because I hate those movies with a passion)...Look at how loud and obnoxious the Snyder fans were and how that ended up working in their favor despite there being almost no logical reason for why it should have. I still think all it'll accomplish is taking a movie that was already **** and reintroducing everything that made the previous movies even shittier. But hey. They spoke up, never stopped speaking up, and got their way in the end.

Sometimes pushiness works. Sometimes it doesn't. As long as nobody's straight up insulting or threatening the people they're being pushy with or doing anything else that might take it way too far, I can't really say I see THAT big a problem. If you're a fan of something and wanna see it. Do what you gotta do (within reason) to be heard. Hell it's already gotten people another Super Sons book *shrug*
Touche. Those jackasses really cemented toxicity as a totally valid way to get what you want and completed social media’s transformation into utter cancer. Still you should be petitioning the editors over the writers, editorial wanting aged up Jon is why it’s sticking. Either way I wish we could get some better questions about PKJ and how he sees/approaches Superman.
Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
Listened to it, there's not a ton of new information but still some stuff worth noting:

* He liked the Superman & Lois pilot, its take on Clark was more fallible than he prefers but he gets what it was going for and liked Hoechlin.

* The characters in House of El weren't the only members of the family around in that time (with a note we might recognize some others still around), with Brandon for instance having a brother we didn't see, but they're off doing their own things and so weren't there for the showdown with the Red King. Interestingly, asked if Jon was around in this time he mentioned he couldn't say that 'yet', and made clear there were plans coming up for Jon that would forbid de-aging him even if that was something he wanted to do.

* Edgar Watters was based on multiple real-life sources, primarily civil rights activist Medgar Evers, as well as a deceased homeless friend of Johnson's who was herself the real 'Sarge'.

* The new 'Linearverse' from Generations won't be in his run.

* The Golden Age is in part his attempt at a Kirbyesque space adventure.

* We're going to see, not as an abstract future potential but in the present, Jon do something power-wise that Clark can't, apparently as an at least partial realization of Bruce's theory in Tomasi's run that Jon would grow up to be stronger than his dad.

* He's doing something else at DC right now that he can't talk about yet.
Interesting that he saw Hoechlin as more flawed than he prefers, wonder what his ideal is?

Hope we learn what the plans for Jon are soon. It seems certain they’re tied to PKJ handing off one of the mainline books but I do wonder if Jon would get another separate book like how Jace Fox is getting a The Next Batman book. Also proof that petitioning him isn’t going to work. That plan for Jon gets announced and fails, then maybe they’ll think about deaging him.

Guessing he didn’t say if that other thing was Superman related? Originally he was brought on to build a cosmic line for 5G, wonder if DC still wants to do that?