Page 94 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 5625

Yeah those faces look terrible lol. Looks like Sampere will be the one who has to carry the Superbooks on his back artwise. I liked Godwelski’s art for House of El so maybe he just works better out in the cosmic space, so hopefully PKJ doesn’t waste too many pages on Earth since he really needs to hit the ground running.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I at least like that Godwelski is not drawing Jon like Superman, clearly he’s taller then 11 year old Jon but he looks reasonable for someone you would call Superman’s son.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Godowelski, Timms, Hester, I wonder what about them attracted Superman editorial. That quasi-DCAU vibe is a weird take to go on while everyone else seems more “house style”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Godowelski, Timms, Hester, I wonder what about them attracted Superman editorial. That quasi-DCAU vibe is a weird take to go on while everyone else seems more “house style”.
    I'm still bitter about the Superman family spread we got for Infinite Frontier. Wonder Woman and Batman's were awesome, the characters carefully integrated in the background, everyone in a somewhat iconic pose. For Superman we got what seems like a rush job of characters standing in floating discs with a generic blue sky behind and Brainiac and Lex Luthor as giant floating heads in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm still bitter about the Superman family spread we got for Infinite Frontier. Wonder Woman and Batman's were awesome, the characters carefully integrated in the background, everyone in a somewhat iconic pose. For Superman we got what seems like a rush job of characters standing in floating discs with a generic blue sky behind and Brainiac and Lex Luthor as giant floating heads in the background.
    I didn’t hate the spread but it wasn’t as good as the other two, and Sampere really should’ve been the one to draw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think that is because Batman and Wonder Woman's books are using established characters in their runs. Supeman isn't. So they didn't have much to show.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hey, at least Lois gets to speak this time. Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think that is because Batman and Wonder Woman's books are using established characters in their runs. Supeman isn't. So they didn't have much to show.
    All three are kind of doing something similar where there’s a big shakeup to the status quo. Batman loses his wealth, WW is trapped in the Sphere of the Gods, and Clark has issues with his powers. Tynion is using classic Rogues but he’s also created a crap ton of OCs. Cloonan & Conrad have Diana hanging out with people other than her traditional supporting cast such as the Norse Gods. PKJ is using some old Rogues and creating some new ones. Of the three I think Tynion has struck the best balance, but then he has Jimenez on art.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All three are kind of doing something similar where there’s a big shakeup to the status quo. Batman loses his wealth, WW is trapped in the Sphere of the Gods, and Clark has issues with his powers. Tynion is using classic Rogues but he’s also created a crap ton of OCs. Cloonan & Conrad have Diana hanging out with people other than her traditional supporting cast such as the Norse Gods. PKJ is using some old Rogues and creating some new ones. Of the three I think Tynion has struck the best balance, but then he has Jimenez on art.
    Jimenez, the guy who loves Superman and said a few times he want to do a run with the character, and the only reason we got that cool story with Superman in Scott Snyder's JL. So DC put him in Batman, afterwards he probably will do a couple events before he goes to Marvel.

But yes, the artists are a big part of why Superman spread was the weaker, Batman got Jimenez, Wonder Woman got Moore, Superman got Timms. WW and Batman got the artists who would be working on their titles, Superman didn't. Why? Probably because in Superman's case it was something rushed and Timms was the guy capable of scraping something fast even if bland. It's clear in Batman and Wonder Woman spreads, it took a lot of time to be made, the image was constructed as a whole in a way the characters interacted with the scenario, while Superman's looks like a bunch of random character drawings put together, specially with the giant villain's heads floating in the sky.

Basically, this show whatever is going on in the Superman books wasn't as thought out as it was for the other members of the trinity.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 04-10-2021 at 09:12 PM.

I see Sami Basri will be helping on art with Superman and I’m curious to see if they’ll be sticking around full time. They did a good job on Superwoman if I recall correctly. To be honest most artists were going to be a step down from Reis lol.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Editorial slipped up. I'm sure she'll be silent come final print.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    To be honest I'm expecting this is the only time she appears in this run, and it's mostly in "supportive wife" mode.

Not that she's written badly, but still.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I'm expecting this is the only time she appears in this run, and it's mostly in "supportive wife" mode.

Not that she's written badly, but still.
    Honestly, I get being upset about Lois having a minor role but as long as when she appears she isn’t being written offensively bad I don’t mind all that much. Especially since PKJ clearly has big plans for the run that just don’t involve earth a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, I get being upset about Lois having a minor role but as long as when she appears she isn’t being written offensively bad I don’t mind all that much. Especially since PKJ clearly has big plans for the run that just don’t involve earth a lot.
    I can understand why you might say this but I’m sorry I gotta push back on this. For two reasons:

1) the idea that we should accept scraps so long as they aren’t outrageously offensive doesn’t gel with me because it just excuses writers being too intimidated to use her so they do the bare minimum. None of us want screw ups with Lois but in order to write her properly and really learn who she is you have to PRACTICE and you have to do it. Bendis started out rough with Lois but he did eventually find her voice. You can’t and don’t find her voice if you are too cowardly to TRY. I would rather a guy screw up but be committed to getting it right than not try at all.

2) The Superman and Lois: Ignition pitch has made Philip Kennedy Johnson look even worse in comparison. It’s an extremely creative pitch, a huge bombastic space idea and they creatively featured Lois. They were excited and thrilled to do so. And they clearly went in a bold off-Earth direction and yet didn’t use that as an excuse. Their creativity and care for Lois in contrast to PKJ is stark and frustrating. That he could go in this hard on Jon Kent and wasn’t creative enough to feature Lois at all speaks poorly of him in a 2021 landscape. She is his MOTHER.

I refuse to let him off the hook for this. He’s going to continue to get dragged about this because it’s not acceptable.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 04-12-2021 at 03:41 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.