Page 116 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5625
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m glad Immortal Hulk has normalized gore-y body horror in superhero books
    LOL. I guess AC is gonna have more and more brutal scenes.

Btw, #1031, just like #1030, is getting so many glowing reviews, such as:

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...sky-to-the-sea

I do see Action getting more positive buzz, hope people who were turned off by the Bendis era maybe come back and check this out. It’s kind of early but so far PKJ is writing my favorite Mongul since Alan Moore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The August solicitaions will drop later today.

Can't wait to see where the Super universe goes, specially AC and Superman & The Authority!
    Thank God, took them long enough.

Glad this is getting suck positive buzz. I was going to get the trade before, but am doubly excited now!

I do see Action getting more positive buzz, hope people who were turned off by the Bendis era maybe come back and check this out. It’s kind of early but so far PKJ is writing my favorite Mongul since Alan Moore.
    It's a menacing Mongul in every way; not just a brute.

I'm still planning on giving this a shot and supporting it if its good, I'm just waiting for the split to happen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Same here, but I'm waiting for this arc to wrap up instead of a proper split. Want to see if PKJ can stick the landing before jumping in.

What turned me off about the Bendis era was the direction the Super books were going. Since I'm still not a fan of the direction, I won't be checking out PKJ's run either. I was actually kind of underwhelmed by his Future State War World books. Even coming in as a fan of his after The Last God. So whether the books are good or bad, they hold no interest for me.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Action Comics #1034

story by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, BECKY CLOONAN & MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    art by DANIEL SAMPERE, MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    cover by: DANIEL SAMPERE
    ON SALE : 8/24/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by : JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    US $5.99

The Warzoons make their way to the doorstep of the Fortress of Solitude and only Lois Lane and the alien girl Thao-La are there to defend it. That's because Superman is halfway around the world trying to stop the U.S. from declaring war on Atlantis. The Man of Steel must make a tough choice, and odds are, no one walks away happy.
    Elsewhere in Metropolis, Midnighter moves closer to the center of Trojan's empire in the penultimate chapter of his back-up adventure. The story finishes later this month with the Midnighter 2021 Annual.

Full Solicitations: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...s-august-2021/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-26-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Looking like another amazing month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still planning on giving this a shot and supporting it if its good, I'm just waiting for the split to happen.
    Split? You mean when Jon’s book launches or something else? If you’re holding off, I guess you could wait until after the Sept Superevent since that will be really shaking stuff up and establishing the new status quo going forward for Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I’m glad Immortal Hulk has normalized gore-y body horror in superhero books
    I wouldn't call it body horror.It's just gore.The guy has got spirit though.His hands busted and he has hole in his head.Yet,he gives superman the "Your a gonner" gesture...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Just follow action and head to superman and authority.i would say don't miss this just cause you don't like the direction and jon.This has been pretty solid..Clark as a gladiator is pretty rare.while batman has been drilled as the metaphorical darkknight..Superman is largely seen as the whiteknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Action Comics #1034

story by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, BECKY CLOONAN & MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    art by DANIEL SAMPERE, MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    cover by: DANIEL SAMPERE
    ON SALE : 8/24/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by : JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    US $5.99

The Warzoons make their way to the doorstep of the Fortress of Solitude and only Lois Lane and the alien girl Thao-La are there to defend it. That's because Superman is halfway around the world trying to stop the U.S. from declaring war on Atlantis. The Man of Steel must make a tough choice, and odds are, no one walks away happy.
    Elsewhere in Metropolis, Midnighter moves closer to the center of Trojan's empire in the penultimate chapter of his back-up adventure. The story finishes later this month with the Midnighter 2021 Annual.

Full Solicitations: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...s-august-2021/
    Is it me or clark is looking more and more like siegel's superman with squar jaws,squinty eyes,big and untoned build?i just wish clark with glassesand the hat came back as eelll.i can't believe i am missing the dude..Since,clark has gotten over that i wouldn't mind seeing the glasses and i always loved the hat.It's badass.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-26-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Action Comics gettin really great reviews. A lot of praise for the Johnson/Sampere team!

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...cs-(2016)/1031

BANNED

Honestly...in retrospect

They should have just put the Superman title on hiatus and have Philip just write action comics till Tom Taylor brings back the Superman title with “son of Kal-el”

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Honestly...in retrospect

They should have just put the Superman title on hiatus and have Philip just write action comics till Tom Taylor brings back the Superman title with “son of Kal-el”
    Yeah they didn’t really do him any favors. First they kicked the Sampere Action arc back a month, forcing PKJ to write a short two part filler story for Hester, then they saddled him with basically writing filler for Superman until Taylor was ready to write the new Jon book. Action is bursting with ideas and clearly has a long term game plan (also great art), whereas Superman as Yoda has said, feels like Tomasi-era filler. It’s not bad but it’s nowhere near as ambitious or exciting.

I will preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the current direction of Superman. I don't like what they've done with Jon or the secret identity. I also don't care for Johnson's "Superman" run thus far.

That being said, even with all those hurdles, Johnson's Action Comics run has been great so far. Best take on Mongul in a long time. Art is fantastic too.