Page 217 of 376 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    Orphan box = Mother box?
    Could be.

I mean... Considering the "Lightray" and the "Genesis" the 4th world connections are strong.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve had Mother Boxes, Father Boxes, even Grandfather Boxes, guess a few of their kids ended up on Warworld
    Don't forget THE Grandmother Box.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Could be.

I mean... Considering the "Lightray" and the "Genesis" the 4th world connections are strong.
    And the last solicit teased a connection to the Fourth World. Between “Genesis” being connected to the Source, Orphan Boxes playing a crucial role in Superman’s rebellion, the involvement of an OMAC, and the tease about Lightray, I kind of wonder if New Genesis or Apokolips are going to be connected to Warworld in some way through the original Warworld civilization. Maybe Mongul will be revealed to be a descendant of Darkseid to explain why they look so similar to him ?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe Mongul will be revealed to be a descendant of Darkseid to explain why they look so similar to him ?
    I know you are joking, but please no.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I know you are joking, but please no.
    Don’t worry, current Mongul actually managed to beat Supes in a fight while Jobberseid is a mind controlled drone of the Great Darkness lol. No way they’re related.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

We’ve had Mother Boxes, Father Boxes, even Grandfather Boxes, guess a few of their kids ended up on Warworld
    Heh. Well played!

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Don't forget THE Grandmother Box.
    Ah, yes, from Morrison's Rock of Ages!

This pretty much sums up why I’m digging this run so much: it’s Supes at his lowest still being Supes.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-28-2022 at 11:25 AM.

And the last solicit teased a connection to the Fourth World. Between “Genesis” being connected to the Source, Orphan Boxes playing a crucial role in Superman’s rebellion, the involvement of an OMAC, and the tease about Lightray, I kind of wonder if New Genesis or Apokolips are going to be connected to Warworld in some way through the original Warworld civilization. Maybe Mongul will be revealed to be a descendant of Darkseid to explain why they look so similar to him ?
    Jack Kirby was a small time in the Superman books and still have such a wide influence, even indirectly.
    Personally I think than Warworld could be a machine from Urdgrund, the old gods world, than survived the Ragnarok.

By the way, I got a bad feeling about what Teacher has been doing with Manchester Black in the meantime.

Jack Kirby was a small time in the Superman books and still have such a wide influence, even indirectly.
    Personally I think than Warworld could be a machine from Urdgrund, the old gods world, than survived the Ragnarok.

By the way, I got a bad feeling about what Teacher has been doing with Manchester Black in the meantime.
    Always makes me wonder what a proper Kirby run on Superman would’ve been like. I think his handling of the character was great and ahead of his time just like pretty much everything else he did. Your idea of Warworld being tied to the Old Gods would be neat, we rarely get to learn more about the non Earth Old God pantheons. I’m sure Chester is mentally enslaved to Teacher’s will at the moment and is absolutely going to kill Teacher when/if he gets loose.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This pretty much sums up why I’m digging this run so much: it’s Supes at his lowest still being Supes.
    Wow, awesome. Next time I have to travel for a work trip I need to plan it around release day better.

Really hoping this waiting for me when I get home!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Goddamn that art is making me hyped!

I can tell that you're very excited about getting this in the hands of readers. Is there a particular moment coming up in Action Comics that you just can't wait for Superman fans to see?

I am insanely excited for fans to see the origin of the Monguls because we haven't seen that before, even though he's been around a long time. He's a super iconic villain, and the fact that I get to write his origin is a huge honor. I also can't wait for readers to see Riccardo Federici's unbelievable creature and character designs. He is such a consummate worldbuilder down to his bones, and the designs that he's doing for the things Superman is going to face are so cool. I could give you like 20 things, but those two are at the top of the list.
    I’m guessing he means the origin of this Mongul, or have we seriously never gotten Mongul’s backstory before? Now that I think about it I actually can’t remember him having much in the way of one.
    What can you tease about what's coming up in the final act of the Warworld Saga?

I can tease that we're going to see the return of a fan-favorite DC character that you do not expect to see in this, but it's going to be a very different take on the character, one that is definitely going to get a reaction out of readers. It's going to be somebody that people recognize, but not the way they're used to, and I can say this with all confidence that they're going to lose their minds. It will be drawn by the great Riccardo Federici, who is the best choice to illustrate this returning character who will be showing up in the next couple of issues. Stay tuned!
    I’m going to guess that this will be a New God given the ties teased between Warworld and the Fourth World in the solicits.

Maybe he is talking about the Mongul Linage, properly and the origin of how the first Mongul came to be. Because most of we know is than Mongul is son of Mongul and he is son of Mogul and so.

And an unexpected fan favorite returning? A New God? Black Racer? Lightray? Or someone else?

We know we’ll be getting an explanation of the gem Mongul wears and why the Monguls are sos much stronger than other Warzoons, if it’s the story of the first Mongul I’m wondering how that would be relevant to Superman’s feud with the current Mongul. Maybe this offers a hint:

We're also going to see the Genesis fragment, the Necropolis, the origin of the Monguls themselves, and all the worldbuilding we've been seeding along the way come to fruition. We're going to see the real origin of Warworld and how it ties into other DC mythologies. This book is going to make the DC Universe so much richer, and I cannot wait for readers to see it.
    Necropolis is indeed what was teased with that image of Mongul and the city then. I’m sure Genesis is involved in explaining Mongul’s strength, but I wonder how it could connect to multiple mythologies. I’ve been assuming it’s a product of Aethyr but perhaps it’s not that simple if the Fourth World is involved.