Page 186 of 375 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5625
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Clark did send a request to the UP for aid, but Thaaros blocked his request. We saw that last issue someone came to Thaaros with Superman’s plea, and Thaaros was going to answer it until he heard that the Phaelosians were involved. After that he threatened to kill the messenger if he told anyone else about the request or said the word “Phaelosians” again. We don’t know why yet.

Backdrop of all this United Planets politicking is really enjoyable for me, it helps raise the stakes even more. I wonder if the next arc post-Warworld is going to be Clark investigating why the United Planets didn’t respond to him?
    I thought that Thaaros scene in the last issue was an intriguing prologue to the story arc. Dude went from peace loving wise elder type to straight up dark hate within a millisecond at the mere mention of Phaelosians. Really looking forward to seeing that whole side of things play out.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Glad they got rid of those morally compromised Guardians of the Universe so we can get the equally morally compromised United Planets.

Yay.
    For what it's worth, most of them were less morally compromised on the matter and more just do certain Clark had this that they just figured it was a waste of time.

To their credit, he's humbled many a Mongul beforehand and, well, he's Superman.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Only Thaaros seems to be truly bad, the rest were waylaid by Thaaros from responding quick enough to send aid. Then once Superman seemingly got killed, I can see why they’d be terrified of sending any more soldiers. If Mongul can kill Superman and his team he can kill any mooks sent by the UP. Interesting that PKJ had Thaaros also bring up the issue of how to handle Warzoon refugees, that adds another wrinkle to things.

Interview with PKJ in SyFy
    ”On the surface he wanted to prove himself as a worthy successor, to be the rightful heir to Warworld like all of his forebears did," Johnson said. "But with this [Mongul] it goes deeper than that. I mean, a big part of defeating Superman was about just proving himself and showing that he could do what his predecessors never could. But as he's gathered his crew, he's also learned more about Warworld than his predecessors knew. He knows more about the truth of Warworld's origins, about this crazy mythology that Warworld is a part of, that the old Mongul never knew about. And as he's learned more about what Warworld really is, he has much bigger designs for what he is going to do next, as we'll see in future issues."
    This is really exciting to me. Knew Mongul was likely going to beat Superman given PKJ was really building him up to not be a jobber anymore, but that’s just the start. Giving Mongul some long term goals and grander ambitions for what he wants beyond merely beating Superman is key to really establishing him as a long term threat.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

R.I.P The New Authority 2021 - 2021.

Felt like Garth Ennis did the writing for Manchester Black, lol.

I think that old Mongul could have killed depowered Clark as well. So I'm not sure if he proved anything yet

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I got that vibe as well. lol
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that old Mongul could have killed depowered Clark as well. So I'm not sure if he proved anything yet
    I think the mongul from for the man who has everything/bronze age is equal to or greater than superman anyday. The guy has beaten the likes of manhunter,ww..etc

I wonder what's Manchester black gonna do now.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

I know that Mongul has been treated as a nuisance instead of a threat, but for me he has always been one of the most dangerous villains of Superman, at least that should be his role, I am glad to see that they are finally giving him a chance, but I hope they go further, not Superman vs Mongul, but the House of EL vs Mongul and WarWorld

PKJ did say he wrote Manchester as an even scummier Constantine lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Dude actually put together a pretty solid plan for how to beat Superman beyond “punch him really hard” so he’s demonstrated more brains than his old man had and is at least on par with his grandpa.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude actually put together a pretty solid plan for how to beat Superman beyond “punch him really hard” so he’s demonstrated more brains than his old man had and is at least on par with his grandpa.
    Gift packet black mercy says hi.what about Pitting martian manhunter and superman against each other while stealing the keys to warworld?

I think using kryptonite/red sun against superman isn't a strategy anymore.it's a no-brainer.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

I mean the bigger picture here is apparently Mongul has lured Superman to Warworld,
    Because the hooded man said Superman can unlock a certain secret of Warworld,
    and that Warworld is not what Mongul thought it was,
    The secret should be related to the secret city in Warworld Rising.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Gift packet black mercy says hi.what about Pitting martian manhunter and superman against each other while stealing the keys to warworld?

I think using kryptonite/red sun against superman isn't a strategy anymore.it's a no-brainer.
    Which Mongul’s grandfather sent, the Mongul before this one was Mongul Jr. Hence why I said the current Mongul is at least on par with his grandfather. Plus he didn’t just use red solar energy, he used it as part of a trap via baiting Superman into attacking when he was weak and alienated from his traditional allies. Reading between the lines, Mongul has had a hand in everything that’s happened up until now: The Breach, Thao and the Genesis Fragment crashing on Earth, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    I mean the bigger picture here is apparently Mongul has lured Superman to Warworld,
    Because the hooded man said Superman can unlock a certain secret of Warworld,
    and that Warworld is not what Mongul thought it was,
    The secret should be related to the secret city in Warworld Rising.
    It might be, but I am theorizing that may refer to something else. PKJ is setting up a plot thread tied to Aethyr, God of the PZ, so that hidden city may be in the PZ and not on Warworld.

Many have talked about how incredible the issue is which is true. Things went south fast. What I will add is how much fun it was to read the Martian Manhunter backup and Double Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Many have talked about how incredible the issue is which is true. Things went south fast. What I will add is how much fun it was to read the Martian Manhunter backup and Double Stuff!
    I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

"Ya boy, Human Flame". lol

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, most of them were less morally compromised on the matter and more just do certain Clark had this that they just figured it was a waste of time.

To their credit, he's humbled many a Mongul beforehand and, well, he's Superman.
    That part tracked. It was their actions afterwards that made me lament DC throwing away Morrison's Young Guardians so quickly. I get that the concept of unknowable yet benevolent cosmic beings doesn't lend itself as easily to real world metaphors for our own political reality but I've grown a little bored of the same corrupt space bureaucrats.