Page 375 of 375 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Probably won't happen, but if we got another compendium of PKJ's then it probably should include his Superman and GL work. There is enough connectivity to make it feel like it is a part of the same story.
    They have made some “DC Works” by authors before, but it was for guys like Alan Moore and Dwayne McDuffie (also not that much material).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Gunn has seemingly read and enjoyed PKJ’s Action Comics run.

Stuff Gunn likes tends to get reprints/collections, hoping that we might see a complete omnibus of PKJ’s entire run at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Volume 1 came out yesterday and I enjoyed it. It's a good take on Metallo and the Blue Earth movement are interesting. A smaller cast would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They have made some “DC Works” by authors before, but it was for guys like Alan Moore and Dwayne McDuffie (also not that much material).
    I was thinking more about something like Warworld saga 2. His second half of Action and GL feela a bit like second act of a bigger story to me.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Volume 1 came out yesterday and I enjoyed it. It's a good take on Metallo and the Blue Earth movement are interesting. A smaller cast would have been better.
    That's actually like Vol 6. Lol.

Man Who Fell, Warworld Vol 1-3, Return of Kal-El, vol 1 Metallo.

Good old DC trades, making it as confusing as possible to follow a run.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there will only be a vol 2 after Metallo to cover the end of the run.
    Last edited by exile001; 03-07-2024 at 05:34 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I think it is just another sign that DC didn't really knew what they had here.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I’d sure like to have been a fly on the wall during discussions for taking him off AC.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

100%.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I’d sure like to have been a fly on the wall during discussions for taking him off AC.
    Not only that, the decision to put big name hire Aaron on for a filler three-partner that could have made more money as a prestige (or Black Label) mini-series.

I guess we'll never know, as creators/editors don't seem interested in giving their back-stage experiences any more. I miss fanzines with creators venting their spleens. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Byla shows up in today’s issue of GL: War Journal

If you’ve read Action you’ll get a lot more out of what’s happening. Seems like Olgrun or his shade is connected to the Dark Star.

If you’ve read Action you’ll get a lot more out of what’s happening. Seems like Olgrun or his shade is connected to the Dark Star.
    Way cool. Glad PKJ can continue some of the threads in his (awesome) GL book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

I was wondering if that was him!

We totally need a collection like Warworld Saga for this stuff... Olgrun Saga? The One Who Fell, Return of Kal-El, Metallo, Terror Knights, Demon and War Journal.

I looked at Amazon and Warwold Saga is still in DC's Top 50 so I figure it is selling okay. By comparison collected editions of Taylor's Jon or Williamson's first Superman collection are nowhere to be seen.

I looked at Amazon and Warwold Saga is still in DC's Top 50 so I figure it is selling okay. By comparison collected editions of Taylor's Jon or Williamson's first Superman collection are nowhere to be seen.
    Collecting the Warwold Saga that way really makes it feel special.

Also, a casual reader can see this on a shelf and immediately note that it is a complete and contained story. It's all they need to buy and it's a sensible price for such a huge book.

In this day, there's no reason Jon's 12(?) issue series isn't collected as one TPB if they want his adventures in more hands.

DC really needs to kill their dependence on overpriced hardcovers, too.
    Last edited by exile001; 03-20-2024 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is the thing, collecting it that way makes it feel special.

Also, a casual reader can see this on a shelf and immediately note that it is a complete and contained story. It's all they need to buy and it's a sensible price for such a huge book.

In this day, there's no reason Jon's 12(?) issue series isn't collected as one TPB if they want his adventures in more hands.

DC really needs to kill their dependence on overpriced hardcovers, too.
    In general I completely agree. However, the prospect of a Warworld hardcover is tantalizing, considering the possibilities for behind the scenes stuff like Clark’s journals, preliminary sketch designs, Warzoons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Also, a casual reader can see this on a shelf and immediately note that it is a complete and contained story.
    Yeah, about that...