Page 117 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 5625
    Incredible Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeJP View Post
    I will preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the current direction of Superman. I don't like what they've done with Jon or the secret identity. I also don't care for Johnson's "Superman" run thus far.

That being said, even with all those hurdles, Johnson's Action Comics run has been great so far. Best take on Mongul in a long time. Art is fantastic too.

Hey , I feel similar about the current direction. I prefer the secret identity , and I prefer a younger Jon too . Actually would like to see Jor -El come back now and then, travelling through time. This is a great take on Mongul and art is great too.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I like this theory about the new Kryptonians’ origins:

I wonder if somewhere in the past, some Kryptonian scientists, devoted to the philosophy of Thalkis, were captured by Warworld and remained on the planet as slaves. They mated with other prisoners, resulting in this girl and her people. They have some power but not all the power of pure Kryptonians. And they have been under the heel of Monguls for so long they can't recognize him as the villain. That would explain the older language, the idea of Thalkis as a god (perhaps blurred over time), and the power set.
    http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.c...mics-1031.html

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...070561281?s=21
    I'm back!!!

Huge thanks to everyone who checked in to see where the Hell I've been lately. Sustained a pretty serious Army-related injury, I'll be recovering for a bit, but I'm figuring it out. Getting caught up and am stoked to connect with readers again. Come at me, Twitter.
    Hope he’s ok. Not sure if this will have any impact on Action/the upcoming Superman event or not.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kind of worried about it being army-related and "serious," but I hope he's okay.

Hope that PKJ is doing well too, but it’s nice to see him back on Twitter.

May 2021 Comichron projections

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-05.html

65) Superman
    78) Batman Superman
    86) Action Comics
    106) Superman Red & Blue
    109) Challenge of the Super Sons

I’m really really hoping that PKJ’s Action Comics picks up with word-of-mouth because the story is great and the art is fire. Dunno why Superman has been doing better when it’s practically filler.

An additional note: according to ComiXology Superman #32’s release is pushed forward to June 22, same day as AC #1032 (art delays I suspect, since #31 had a secondary artist).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    May 2021 Comichron projections

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-05.html

65) Superman
    78) Batman Superman
    86) Action Comics
    106) Superman Red & Blue
    109) Challenge of the Super Sons

I’m really really hoping that PKJ’s Action Comics picks up with word-of-mouth because the story is great and the art is fire. Dunno why Superman has been doing better when it’s practically filler.

An additional note: according to ComiXology Superman #32’s release is pushed forward to June 22, same day as AC #1032 (art delays I suspect, since #31 had a secondary artist).
    The self-titled books almost always sells better. What can you do.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ehh, I'm confident Superman books will pick up once Morrison and Tom Taylor join the line nxt month. People reading for those writers will want to catch up on action and superman.

Know it's off topic, but Tynion has slowly gotten extremely big. 3 books in the top 10 and one of them is a indie book. And he'll probably have 4 up there with how big a nice house on the lake is.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    During the Johns/Busiek era did Action sell better than Superman? That’s one time where I’d expect Action to outsell Superman. I think they did PKJ a disservice by saddling him with writing filler for three months in the “big” Superman book while he writes his “real” run in Action. Some people may come away disliking his writing because of it and not give Action or the event a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Ehh, I'm confident Superman books will pick up once Morrison and Tom Taylor join the line nxt month. People reading for those writers will want to catch up on action and superman.

Know it's off topic, but Tynion has slowly gotten extremely big. 3 books in the top 10 and one of them is a indie book. And he'll probably have 4 up there with how big a nice house on the lake is.
    I think the Sept event will get more people interested than either, despite all the complaints events are still the best selling books of whatever month they come out usually. Just hope PKJ nails it. Taylor’a Superman will definitely outsell PKJ, but I’m curious how well Morrison’s book will do.

I would never have believed it based on where he was during the New 52, but Tynion is by far the best writer DC has at the moment. All of his books are on fire right now and he’s the hottest writer in the market I think. Going to hurt when he leaves DC after his time on the Batbooks is done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    During the Johns/Busiek era did Action sell better than Superman? That’s one time where I’d expect Action to outsell Superman. I think they did PKJ a disservice by saddling him with writing filler for three months in the “big” Superman book while he writes his “real” run in Action. Some people may come away disliking his writing because of it and not give Action or the event a chance.

I think the Sept event will get more people interested than either, despite all the complaints events are still the best selling books of whatever month they come out usually. Just hope PKJ nails it. Taylor’a Superman will definitely outsell PKJ, but I’m curious how well Morrison’s book will do.

I would never have believed it based on where he was during the New 52, but Tynion is by far the best writer DC has at the moment. All of his books are on fire right now and he’s the hottest writer in the market I think. Going to hurt when he leaves DC after his time on the Batbooks is done.
    I mean, Joker and Batman are always gonna sell pretty well,
    and Tynion has been cranking up new toys nonstop.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Daniel Sampere:

"I've been allowed to share our new cover for Action Comics 1035!
    I had to remove the headline on the newspaper for this version to avoid BIG spoilers. What it will be? 🤔 Happy #SupermanDay everyone!"

https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...39783956992001

BANNED

After seeing the sales of Superman and action comics, my opinion about son of Kal-el being cancelled after 12 issues has been revised.

I am now certain that it won’t even make it to 8 issues

Incredible Member

Looks like September's Action Comics is where Clark will finally leave Earth and his family, leaving it all in Jon's hands.

Pity about the sales projections. I guess it was always going to be an struggle to continue Bendis' direction rather than retcon it like so many wanted, but making the first month and the self-titled book basically filler probably didn't help either.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Daniel Sampere:

"I've been allowed to share our new cover for Action Comics 1035!
    I had to remove the headline on the newspaper for this version to avoid BIG spoilers. What it will be? �� Happy #SupermanDay everyone!"

https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...39783956992001
    It's all about execution, I suppose. Jon's posture could be the weight of the world weighing on him. Thankfully, Lois is there supporting her son.

There's no way PKJ is just having Clark abandon his family given how much he seems to model his path for Jon on his own experiences with his son combined with his love of Christopher Reeve's Superman. So let's see where this goes.

Killer art, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Once again, I post the same thing about how it ain't gonna last.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-12-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Headline: "Superman Leaves Earth Due To Editorial Mandate"

Don't be sad Jon, its all for you.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El