Page 182 of 375 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Do we know how this is all supposed to fit together?

Superman is about to depart for Warworld with his Authority team. At some point he gets sent back in time, meets Kennedy and helps humans reach the moon. But we’ve also seen that he gets captured by Mongol and becomes a slave/gladiator. When he returns years later he’s in a weakened state and puts the Authority together again for the first time.

I’m confused.

yeah im lost on this too

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I'm a bit more optimistic now that I know that Kal will be learning to fight without powers. For a long long time, Batman and Zod have had an advantage over Superman because they have trained to fight. That's something that Clark never really learned in Smallville growing up.
    I'm a little upset that a Superman going into his 40s still have to learn how to fight without his powers, he should already know.

Maybe he will be learning how to use sword, shild, spears, that kind of stuff. But a Clark not knowing how to throw a punch or dodge I can't stand.

Astonishing Member

I don't like the sound of this either. Clark already knows how to fight. This better be about him learning to use alien weaponry for the arena or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    yeah im lost on this too
    Superman met Kennedy during a time travel adventure at some unknown point in the past. After being exposed to the Breach during The Golden Age two part crossover of Superman #29 and Action Comics #1029, Superman began to weaken. His hair grayed and his powers started to fail. When he caused an international incident by taking the Genesis fragment away from America and Atlantis, he knew he’d get kicked off the JL, but he needed backup because he was getting weaker and couldn’t take on Mongul alone, so he built the Authority to be a team of his own. He said goodbye to Lois and Jon, and then he and the Authority left for Warworld which is where we are now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman met Kennedy during a time travel adventure at some unknown point in the past. After being exposed to the Breach during The Golden Age two part crossover of Superman #29 and Action Comics #1029, Superman began to weaken. His hair grayed and his powers started to fail. When he caused an international incident by taking the Genesis fragment away from America and Atlantis, he knew he’d get kicked off the JL, but he needed backup because he was getting weaker and couldn’t take on Mongul alone, so he built the Authority to be a team of his own. He said goodbye to Lois and Jon, and then he and the Authority left for Warworld which is where we are now.
    Thanks for the succinct wrap up. While I haven't had any trouble following the plot since PKJ took over, I do admit to letting myself get a bit hung up on when/where/why his temples went grey...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

the whole "time travel"/shoe-horning of the SatA miniseries had me a tad confused, the rest i had no problem following

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm a little upset that a Superman going into his 40s still have to learn how to fight without his powers, he should already know.

Maybe he will be learning how to use sword, shild, spears, that kind of stuff. But a Clark not knowing how to throw a punch or dodge I can't stand.

I actually don't think that Superman is near 40, it's just that Jon aged very quickly. I think that Batman may be a bit older.
    I just can't think of a comic or an arc that's still in continuity, where Clark trained to be a warrior like Diana & Bruce have.
    With his powers he never needed to. But without powers , he needs to learn more .
    At first I wasn't that excited about him going to Warworld in a weakened state, but now I think that it will be good.

BANNED

The worst thing about Clark being useless fighting, is that he is useless even after training, yes, he has some feats of skill, but 99% of the time he has a hard time punching in conditions, also even in his best moments his skill It doesn't compare to the best of Dc. It will be fun to watch him train, so that at 5m he will forget everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't like the sound of this either. Clark already knows how to fight. This better be about him learning to use alien weaponry for the arena or something along those lines.
    Unfortunately due to continuity being a mess, you can’t really point to anything as proof of Superman’s combat skills right now (although I personally am a big believer that he should know how to box at least). That said Superman training in combat on account of Mongul is actually kind of a time honored tradition: Exile had him train, Mongul Jr. and Clark trained together to fight Imperiex, that recent great story in Man of Tomorrow by Dave Wielgosz had Clark train under someone who had previously trained others as part of his service to either Mongul or Darkseid (I forget which). All of that was training in how to use his powers however, or in hand to hand combat, I’m cool with Clark learning to use weapons since I don’t think we’ve ever seen him learn how to do that.

End of the day these characters always forget and relearn the same lessons. Batman has to keep relearning that the Batfamily are an asset not a drawback. I’m ok with Superman learning how to fight as long as we get a scene at the end of The Warworld Saga where Clark comes back Rocky style and kicks Mongul’s ass. Hopefully PKJ will get to keep writing him for a while so we don’t have to make Clark relearn training for at least the rest of his time on the books, and can just get to Clark kicking ass elsewhere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Unfortunately due to continuity being a mess, you can’t really point to anything as proof of Superman’s combat skills right now (although I personally am a big believer that he should know how to box at least). That said Superman training in combat on account of Mongul is actually kind of a time honored tradition: Exile had him train, Mongul Jr. and Clark trained together to fight Imperiex, that recent great story in Man of Tomorrow by Dave Wielgosz had Clark train under someone who had previously trained others as part of his service to either Mongul or Darkseid (I forget which). All of that was training in how to use his powers however, or in hand to hand combat, I’m cool with Clark learning to use weapons since I don’t think we’ve ever seen him learn how to do that.

End of the day these characters always forget and relearn the same lessons. Batman has to keep relearning that the Batfamily are an asset not a drawback. I’m ok with Superman learning how to fight as long as we get a scene at the end of The Warworld Saga where Clark comes back Rocky style and kicks Mongul’s ass. Hopefully PKJ will get to keep writing him for a while so we don’t have to make Clark relearn training for at least the rest of his time on the books, and can just get to Clark kicking ass elsewhere.
    "He's cut! He's cut! Mongul is cut!" (To paraphrase Rocky IV)
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I liked that in Miller's Year One Clark had enlisted into military and I feel like that should become part of the main continuity. Would shut down these stupid "Clark needs to learn how to fight" takes for good.

Incredible Member

I just checked Twitter too. PKJ has some Bold plans for Superman !

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Another late cover reveal. lol. I guess this is for Feb. issue.

Amazing Member

The art in action comic is so beautiful, that even if someone doesn't like the story it's worth read because of the amazing art
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-22-2021 at 07:21 AM.