Page 76 of 375 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 5625

It’s nice to see All-Star Superman Robots as well
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

There was no big emphasis on this, but looking at the parademons here, I realized that in Future State Clark and his family had fought with Darkseid for millennia and their last battle took place only at the end of time.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

PKJ was asked about the young woman on the cover of Action, and her possible connection to Jon and his descendants Ronan and Rowan.

Q: "think we'll ever get a family tree for the House of El? I'd love that! Particularly interested in Rowan and his twin sister. Wondering if that mysterious Black Kryptonian-linked woman who escaped from Warworld that Jon is carrying plays a part in it"

PKJ: "I’d love to! I’m hopeful that readers want more of these characters, there’s definitely more story there. Solicit actually had a misprint: that Superman’s name is Ronan, his Blue Lantern ring-wearing sister is Rowan. Can’t spoil the identity of the girl on the Action 1031 cover!"

When asked which book the young lady (which he made a point to say "girl" rather than woman seemingly denoting she's Jon's age ) would be showing up in after here debut in 1031, he declined to say. To me that implies that implies that it would be spoiler to say so because that would let on if she'd be in Jon's book or Clark's book (thus inching more towards the answer to the initial question of if she'd have anything to do with the House of El twins from Jon's line).

But considering the fact that Jon's conspicuously on the cover, and she's apparently closer to his age than Clark's, it seems likely that she'll be in his book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Okay, y'all gotta give some partial credit for my theory now

PKJ was asked "One question though: how do Khan-El and Alura work? They both seems to have mostly Kryptonian powers. Is this a Game of Thrones situation where you can marry within the family? Or is Alura coming from a different Kryptonian line somehow?"

He answered "Alura is the El by birth, Khan-El technically got “adopted” into the name through marriage. HIS heritage and powers should make more sense to you through my upcoming Action run. Good catch!"

Hmmm, now where have a seen a Kryptonian linked dude with a mohawk and strong ties to Warworld in PKJ's Action Comics recently? Oh Yeah....

Now I'm not saying that Khan-El is the same dude from Action. No. House of El seems to strongly imply that's not the case because if he were then he'd be able to tell anyone who had a shred of doubt "yeah, Clark Kent was a real guy, and he really was that awesome". Chances are, this is a descendant of that guy, and his strong family ties to Warworld's former slaves make them stand by his bloodline (and through marriage, the House of El). This is similar to how Theand'r is queen of Tamaran via her mom's bloodline, and gives the House of El their support.

But the big clue is that we clearly see that Khan-El can fly, and has super strength and durability. And you're obviously thinking "well, throw a coin anywhere in the DCU and you'll find a character with that combo of powers", and yeah, that's fair-- but, again, the solicitation for issue 1031 says "mysterious refugees and their apparent link to the planet Krypton. Could there be other Kryptonians in the universe?" And that's only one of multiple times the idea of other Kryptonians have been thrown around in this run. Saying "link to the planet Krypton" leans me more towards hybrids rather than full bloods.

________

So House of El, the book PKJ said himself was a big ol Easter egg hunt for clues in his upcoming run, has a mohwaked man with Kryptonian-like powers who has married into the House of El, and also two Black twins directly from Jon's line. And both of these seem to have parallels on the cover of Action 1031 in the form of the mohwaked male former slave with Kryptonian ties, and the young Black girl former slave with Kryptonian ties.

Like...c'mon!! You guys gotta give me this one. They're totally Kryptonian hybrids!

I think the dude with the mohawk is going to go back to Warworld to free the slaves and fight Mongul with Clark in Action Comics, but the young woman will stay on Earth with Jon in Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Okay, y'all gotta give some partial credit for my theory now

PKJ was asked "One question though: how do Khan-El and Alura work? They both seems to have mostly Kryptonian powers. Is this a Game of Thrones situation where you can marry within the family? Or is Alura coming from a different Kryptonian line somehow?"

He answered "Alura is the El by birth, Khan-El technically got “adopted” into the name through marriage. HIS heritage and powers should make more sense to you through my upcoming Action run. Good catch!"

Hmmm, now where have a seen a Kryptonian linked dude with a mohawk and strong ties to Warworld in PKJ's Action Comics recently? Oh Yeah....

Now I'm not saying that Khan-El is the same dude from Action. No. House of El seems to strongly imply that's not the case because if he were then he'd be able to tell anyone who had a shred of doubt "yeah, Clark Kent was a real guy, and he really was that awesome". Chances are, this is a descendant of that guy, and his strong family ties to Warworld's former slaves make them stand by his bloodline (and through marriage, the House of El). This is similar to how Theand'r is queen of Tamaran via her mom's bloodline, and gives the House of El their support.

But the big clue is that we clearly see that Khan-El can fly, and has super strength and durability. And you're obviously thinking "well, throw a coin anywhere in the DCU and you'll find a character with that combo of powers", and yeah, that's fair-- but, again, the solicitation for issue 1031 says "mysterious refugees and their apparent link to the planet Krypton. Could there be other Kryptonians in the universe?" And that's only one of multiple times the idea of other Kryptonians have been thrown around in this run. Saying "link to the planet Krypton" leans me more towards hybrids rather than full bloods.

________

So House of El, the book PKJ said himself was a big ol Easter egg hunt for clues in his upcoming run, has a mohwaked man with Kryptonian-like powers who has married into the House of El, and also two Black twins directly from Jon's line. And both of these seem to have parallels on the cover of Action 1031 in the form of the mohwaked male former slave with Kryptonian ties, and the young Black girl former slave with Kryptonian ties.

Like...c'mon!! You guys gotta give me this one. They're totally Kryptonian hybrids!

I think the dude with the mohawk is going to go back to Warworld to free the slaves and fight Mongul with Clark in Action Comics, but the young woman will stay on Earth with Jon in Superman.
    This crow tastes good, Superlad. What did you put in it for me?

You called it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

PKJ is doing another word balloon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-KFbUFKVU

I don't rememember exactly when they started talking about comics specifically, but it's at least 30 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    PKJ is doing another word balloon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-KFbUFKVU

I don't rememember exactly when they started talking about comics specifically, but it's at least 30 minutes in.
    Looking forward to this, wish I had time to ask him questions. I want to ask him some questions beyond the normal boring stuff we keep getting people ask.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looking forward to this, wish I had time to ask him questions. I want to ask him some questions beyond the normal boring stuff we keep getting people ask.
    Yeah, there wasn't many good or unique questions this go around. The usual de-age Jon questions derailed the chat.

Yeah, there wasn't many good or unique questions this go around. The usual de-age Jon questions derailed the chat.
    I'm so conflicted. Part of me feels really bad because PKJ seems like a really nice guy who genuinely cares about the Superfamily and is really excited about everything he's about to do with it...But because of my stance on current Jon, I'd be lying if I said the constant bombardment doesn't elicit any feelings of enjoyment. It's fucked up, I know.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-26-2021 at 12:01 AM.

Those people need to knock it off, just drop the book and do something else. PKJ isn’t going to deage Jon and editorial isn’t interested in deaging him. They don’t care you’re mad so just drop the book and support Challenge of the Super Sons if you want to send a message.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-26-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Those people need to **** off, just drop the book and do something else. PKJ isn’t going to drags Jon and editorial isn’t interested in defaming him. They don’t care you’re mad so just drop the book and support Challenge of the Super Sons if you want to send a message.
    If there's anything comics fans excel at, it's obsessively-compulsively fixating on something no matter how annoying or unwanted it is

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If there's anything comics fans excel at, it's obsessively-compulsively fixating on something no matter how annoying or unwanted it is
    Lmao damnit you quoted me before I had time to edit my response into a less hostile tone. On one hand I can sympathize with them, God knows I can rant all day about Zack Snyder or Injustice, but on the other hand it’s not happening in the short term future, so constantly badgering him isn’t going to change anything. Something like that would need to be approved by the higher-ups anyway, particularly since there’s probably another creative team who are already working on the Superman book with Jon as Superman.

And it’s annoying because there’s all these questions I wish would get asked of PKJ that could hint at what his plans are, but instead it’s just screeching about Jon.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-26-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's fanbases in general. Good lord, PKJ might consider himself lucky if he saw the shit that creators get in the Sims, The Last Of Us, Star Wars, and RWBY fandoms -____-

Lmao damnit you quoted me before I had time to edit my response into a less hostile tone. On one hand I can sympathize with them, God knows I can rant all day about Zack Snyder or Injustice, but on the other hand it’s not happening in the short term future, so constantly badgering him isn’t going to change anything. Something like that would need to be approved by the higher-ups anyway, particularly since there’s probably another creative team who are already working on the Superman book with Jon as Superman.
    While it can get out of hand, I'd actually have to disagree with the idea that doing this has zero chance of yielding results (be they immediate results or otherwise). Much as I hate using this as an example (because I hate those movies with a passion)...Look at how loud and obnoxious the Snyder fans were and how that ended up working in their favor despite there being almost no logical reason for why it should have. I still think all it'll accomplish is taking a movie that was already shit and reintroducing everything that made the previous movies even shittier. But hey. They spoke up, never stopped speaking up, and got their way in the end.

Sometimes pushiness works. Sometimes it doesn't. As long as nobody's straight up insulting or threatening the people they're being pushy with or doing anything else that might take it way too far, I can't really say I see THAT big a problem. If you're a fan of something and wanna see it. Do what you gotta do (within reason) to be heard. Hell it's already gotten people another Super Sons book *shrug*
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-26-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Listened to it, there's not a ton of new information but still some stuff worth noting:

* He liked the Superman & Lois pilot, its take on Clark was more fallible than he prefers but he gets what it was going for and liked Hoechlin.

* The characters in House of El weren't the only members of the family around in that time (with a note we might recognize some others still around), with Brandon for instance having a brother we didn't see, but they're off doing their own things and so weren't there for the showdown with the Red King. Interestingly, asked if Jon was around in this time he mentioned he couldn't say that 'yet', and made clear there were plans coming up for Jon that would forbid de-aging him even if that was something he wanted to do.

* Edgar Watters was based on multiple real-life sources, primarily civil rights activist Medgar Evers, as well as a deceased homeless friend of Johnson's who was herself the real 'Sarge'.

* The new 'Linearverse' from Generations won't be in his run.

* The Golden Age is in part his attempt at a Kirbyesque space adventure.

* We're going to see, not as an abstract future potential but in the present, Jon do something power-wise that Clark can't, apparently as an at least partial realization of Bruce's theory in Tomasi's run that Jon would grow up to be stronger than his dad.

* He's doing something else at DC right now that he can't talk about yet.
    Buh-bye