Page 107 of 376 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 5626

Well we know for sure that one of the kids is Clark's and Circe's, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Unless he knows something we don't know, then we don't really even have Super Sons anymore. That book just ended again.
    He didn't directly say that. It was more the implication that those stories are still being told. For all the hate directed at the age up, the Super Sons have now had two maxiseries running concurrently with the teen Jon's appearances. I'm hard pressed to find another example of any prior status quo that has been catered to more and which DC has been willing to continue catering to.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-28-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, which is a whole other can of worms. But at least in story, that's implied to basically be the result of her having deceived Clark. So the implication is it wasn't consensual. Being based off some of the Arthurian myths doesn't Mordred's mother come to Arthur disguised as someone else? So for all we know she could have appeared as Lois at some point. His comments were more directed at the actual members of the House of El. He didn't mention the Red King or whatever that guys name is.

He mentioned on Twitter that the entire current arc with Mongul and Warworld takes places on Earth (if the skies above Earth count for you), so it remains to be seen if Action is eventually going to go off-world entirely or if Clark will still be operating on Earth and in Metropolis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, which is a whole other can of worms. But at least in story, that's implied to basically be the result of her having deceived Clark.
    Really not feeling this Circe thing, TBH. It's the one element outside of all the Jon stuff I'm not thrilled about. I hope nothing too major comes from it and it's relegated to only being occasionally mentioned in the House of El stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Unless he knows something we don't know, then we don't really even have Super Sons anymore. That book just ended again.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it got a third run, but that said I doubt he in particular has any advanced knowledge of that one way or another, rather is assuming or even still thinks the second is still going. Throwing a bone like that is classic "please lets get off this topic I beg of you".
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Really not feeling this Circe thing, TBH. It's the one element outside of all the Jon stuff I'm not thrilled about. I hope nothing too major comes from it and it's relegated to only being occasionally mentioned in the House of El stuff.
    I don’t expect we will. PKJ seems to be more focused on telling the stories of the random descendants than anything concrete with the Future Clark. I suspect if there’s more House of El stories after the Annual it will be focused on the characters he’s already introduced. He went into a lot more detail on them in this podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He mentioned on Twitter that the entire current arc with Mongul and Warworld takes places on Earth (if the skies above Earth count for you), so it remains to be seen if Action is eventually going to go off-world entirely or if Clark will still be operating on Earth and in Metropolis.
    It’s actually kind of puzzling how opaque they are being with the actual connections and sequence of these books. I’m curious if there is actually something more to all this that we aren’t seeing yet. Like why not just say outright where Superman and the Authority falls in the sequence of these books? It seems like the War World Rising Action arc leads into both Superman and Superman and the Authority. Then the September Event, then the books really split?

Here's an out there idea: the Superman and the Authority in Morrison's book are alternate universe, multidimensional versions of the characters, which is why Superman looks like that, and the reason why Clark leaves Earth is to investigate whatever mystery gets introduced in September and we're already getting hints of it with Warworld.

It's pretty half-baked because I have no investment in this particular storyline outside of waiting for them to de-age Jon.

Astonishing Member

I have a question, when all these books get collected, will they include the backups because I'm not interested in them, like at all? I don't want to pay for something I don't want.

I think they will since Midnighter is going to be in Superman/Authority book so this is building up him for that.

BANNED

I understand that the fans do not like that clark has children with another woman, but I understand it only if Lois are alive, but thousands of years pass and that clark has to be alone, crying for lois seems ridiculous, it seems that clark has to be with wool, then with lois, and have lived millions of years as asexual

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I have a question, when all these books get collected, will they include the backups because I'm not interested in them, like at all? I don't want to pay for something I don't want.
    I expect they'll likely collect Golden Age and the Superman storyline (which should be about 6 issues total) in one trade with the World of Metropolis backups. While Midnighter will likely be collected with War World Rising.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I understand that the fans do not like that clark has children with another woman, but I understand it only if Lois are alive, but thousands of years pass and that clark has to be alone, crying for lois seems ridiculous, it seems that clark has to be with wool, then with lois, and have lived millions of years as asexual
    I don't like the idea of an immortal Superman in the first place. Long lived is fine, maybe 150-200 years, but he shouldn't be around for 3000 years. That said, if they are going to do it, it shouldn't be done to the point where he ends up having 30 wives over three millennia or as some took House of El, ends up with 300 kids that start some line of superbeings. It all gets kind of gross after a while. Coupled with the fact that usually it's just an excuse to pair him immediately off with Wonder Woman before Lois' body is even cold as some sort of eugenic dream team to breed a master race, and it just treads to close to a line of nonsense I have utterly zero interest in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't like the idea of an immortal Superman in the first place. Long lived is fine, maybe 150-200 years, but he shouldn't be around for 3000 years. That said, if they are going to do it, it shouldn't be done to the point where he ends up having 30 wives over three millennia or as some took House of El, ends up with 300 kids that start some line of superbeings. It all gets kind of gross after a while. Coupled with the fact that usually it's just an excuse to pair him immediately off with Wonder Woman before Lois' body is even cold as some sort of eugenic dream team to breed a master race, and it just treads to close to a line of nonsense I have utterly zero interest in.
    If we talk about a mortal superman, it seems perfect to me that once I am with Lois, it is only Lois, but an immortal superman has to have more family than Lois and her children, it seems ridiculous and sinister to me a man in love with a woman who died Thousands of years ago, it's the mindset of a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    If we talk about a mortal superman, it seems perfect to me that once I am with Lois, it is only Lois, but an immortal superman has to have more family than Lois and her children, it seems ridiculous and sinister to me a man in love with a woman who died Thousands of years ago, it's the mindset of a psychopath.
    That's why I like to avoid the whole problem by not making him immortal. Slow aging is fine, but immortal is problematic. There's ways to do it, like I said, but there are also plenty of examples of immortal characters that handle that type of thing. He doesn't have to be a space monk at that point. The Doctor is functionally immortal and they handle it pretty well. If you're telling future stories you can have him have future relationships and you can still keep Lois' importance to the narrative in those stories. My real issue comes when they basically turn him into Zeus with 1000 kids all over the galaxy or they position Wonder Woman as some sort of destined true love that just had to wait till Lois croaked to make her move and they have a dynasty of immortal uberkids. Those directions just don't work at all for me.

Really, it's an academic question, the timeline will continue to slide for as long as the character exists so it really is something that only should come into play in Elseworlds or potential futures. I've made peace more or less with House of El's continuation. They aren't going to get into the actual lineage in any detail, so I'll take PKJ's suggestion and just headcannon it to all being a line starting with Clark.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-29-2021 at 08:46 AM.