Page 124 of 376 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 5626
    Extraordinary Member

Superman #32 Preview
    Writer: Phillip K. Johnson
    Artist: Scott Godlewski
    Backup Writer: Sean Lewis
    Backup Artist: Sami Basri

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    4. This is all a shared hallucination and the solicits haven't actually dropped yet.

Probably unlikely though.
    Mass hallucination theory proven untrue - looks like it'll just be the next arc in Action now:

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...58819176763396

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Mass hallucination theory proven untrue - looks like it'll just be the next arc in Action now:

That’s good to know! Hope that he’s recovering well in any case.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So much for the Super books building out. :/

BANNED

This is good...don’t rush this story

But son of Kal-el is doomed without an event boosting it

Won't be snarky because this is probably due to his health issues. Hope he healed up good.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Won't be snarky because this is probably due to his health issues. Hope he healed up good.
    I doubt. Real reason is probably that Action is currently second lowest selling DC's ongoing.

BANNED

If a title starring Clark sells this bad...imagine son of Kal-el

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    YES!!! Finally!

Superman is out of the JL! That's mean at least 60% less jobbing. They can always bring him back for special ocasions, but the character will get some rest.
    Always a bright side to everything right? And there’s still two other JL minis with Clark on the team for those who want that.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I doubt. Real reason is probably that Action is currently second lowest selling DC's ongoing.
    Yeah that’s not good. The Superbooks need a big attention getting event, they pretty much need an injection of attention and sales. Doesn’t bode well that DC is already downsizing their plans for this. Guess they’re just hoping Taylor’s brand alone will bring more attention to the Superman line?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Does DC cares anymore of other franchises beside BM's? I mean the BM books get a lot of promotion and even 3/4 extra variant covers to boost the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Does DC cares anymore of other franchises beside BM's? I mean the BM books get a lot of promotion and even 3/4 extra variant covers to boost the sales.
    It’s moreso that Batman is the only franchise that sells really well still since they’ve completely f***** up all the rest with bad creative/editorial decisions. So they rely heavily on Batman to sustain the rest of their line, not a good/healthy place to be. But also the decision to not do a big linewide relaunch seems to have been a mistake, for all the complaining relaunches are one of the few times people tend to try new books. Williamson’s Infinite Frontier mini looks really interesting but it’s getting zero heat as far as I can tell, and that’s bad when it’s meant to be the spearhead of this new era of DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Goddamn I didn't realize it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah that’s not good. The Superbooks need a big attention getting event, they pretty much need an injection of attention and sales. Doesn’t bode well that DC is already downsizing their plans for this. Guess they’re just hoping Taylor’s brand alone will bring more attention to the Superman line?
    And that would be a really rickety platform to hang your hopes on. The "big name" hasn't been a factor in recent years even with guys bigger than Taylor.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-20-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s moreso that Batman is the only franchise that sells really well still since they’ve completely f***** up all the rest with bad creative/editorial decisions. So they rely heavily on Batman to sustain the rest of their line, not a good/healthy place to be. But also the decision to not do a big linewide relaunch seems to have been a mistake, for all the complaining relaunches are one of the few times people tend to try new books. Williamson’s Infinite Frontier mini looks really interesting but it’s getting zero heat as far as I can tell, and that’s bad when it’s meant to be the spearhead of this new era of DC.
    Yeah, DC fans don't seem to care anymore either. There isn't much hype for the Infinite Frontier initiative and all the current and upcoming shake ups make it look another DC-You.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, DC fans don't seem to care anymore either. There isn't much hype for the Infinite Frontier initiative and all the current and upcoming shake ups make it look another DC-You.
    Which sucks because it’s really good. This is the strongest the DC lineup as a whole has felt since the start of Rebirth. The Batverse is doing fantastic, Action Comics and Wonder Woman are both good, Wally’s return to the title in Flash is fantastic, overall the lineup is doing great! But there’s no momentum it feels like outside of Batman. PKJ in particular got screwed over by DC’s boneheaded decision to have him write filler in the “main” Superman book while his actual long term plans over in Action. They should’ve had Taylor write filler in Superman, that’s what he loves to do anyway and he could’ve used the three parter to set up his Jon Kent Superman run.

There must be a big relaunch coming at some point, or else the sales numbers must be doing better than Comicron would lead us to think. DC has pulled out of Diamond so the numbers aren’t very accurate anymore, but I guess we’ll see just how accurate they are soon enough if DC starts cancelling stuff.

BANNED

Love this

Philip Kennedy and Taylor decided to continue bendis’s status quo

Now they are going to pay for it

Love when doubling down on failure is properly awarded
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-20-2021 at 11:29 AM.