Page 260 of 375 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    One thing I do hope is that when Kenan shows up, he isn't just always in the background and having only one or two lines and that he will get to actually play a role in the story. It could be very easy for them to have him show up and not give him any geniune moments.
    If Waid was able to talk to Yang about Nezha it would be cool if PKJ talked to Yang about Kenan. He’s been willing to reach out to other writers for help writing characters before. He talked to Geoffrey Thorne about John Stewart for example. I’ll admit I’m willing to give PKJ a lot of leeway here because I just want to keep Kenan from disappearing into the nether, until Yang or Pak or someone can write a mini or team book featuring Kenan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Him and Jorge Jimenez being on Batbooks hurts a little, can’t lie. No clue where Sampere ends up but man do I selfishly hope it’s not a Batbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's the natural order of things. DC poaches all the top talent for Gotham eventually.
    It's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1047 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Riccardo Federici
    Backup Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Backup Artist: David Lapham

The cover make it looks a Superman '52 series more than AC, lol.

BANNED

I read the issue, I liked the Red Moon short but not the main course. Lois pining for kid Jon better lead to something. This looks like it'll be an extended epilogue to Warworld, which does not wet my appetite.

God I know I just said I was ok with Federeci leaving and then he goes and does some of his best work yet and now I’m all sad again . Goddamn if that shot of Lois and Clark together looking down on the Metropolis skyline wasn’t breathtaking. Strong first issue, looks like Irons and Clark are teaming up to try and do some good with Warworld’s tech, makes sense and it builds upon what came before. Of course Lex looks at a liberated hell world and goes “how could Superman do this?” Jackass that he is. And it looks like the military origin for Metallo is intact! Excellent, that’s what I wanted, the details don’t bother me but that specific idea is what I want to see. Also good to see Corben hates Lex’s guts, I’m hoping that we’ll see his grudge against Lex and Sam Lane in addition to his beef with Clark explored too. At the very least it looks like no more Kryptonite heart for Metallo which is exactly what I want!

Will read the backup later on tonight.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

God I know I just said I was ok with Federeci leaving and then he goes and does some of his best work yet and now I’m all sad again . Goddamn if that shot of Lois and Clark together looking down on the Metropolis skyline wasn’t breathtaking. Strong first issue, looks like Irons and Clark are teaming up to try and do some good with Warworld’s tech, makes sense and it builds upon what came before. Of course Lex looks at a liberated hell world and goes “how could Superman do this?” Jackass that he is. And it looks like the military origin for Metallo is intact! Excellent, that’s what I wanted, the details don’t bother me but that specific idea is what I want to see. Also good to see Corben hates Lex’s guts, I’m hoping that we’ll see his grudge against Lex and Sam Lane in addition to his beef with Clark explored too. At the very least it looks like no more Kryptonite heart for Metallo which is exactly what I want!

I agree, incredible art this issue. Also I saw PKJ mentioned on twitter today, going forward Action is "the" superfamily book. I really wonder if we are going to get a announcement for a third Superman book soon, which can focus more on Clark..

Ugh so damn cool. Those ingrates over in Gotham better appreciate what they’re getting. Oh and I think a few were asking what became of Mongul’s chancellor/councilor Chayntil, he’s in the backups and it looks like dealing with his revenge against Superman for Mongul’s death will be what the backups focus on. Red Moon seems to have been referring to Warworld.

Here’s the tweet Dragonpiece was talking about

Well now I feel a lot more confident that Williamson is probably writing a relaunched Superman book.

Maybe PKJ follows your blog.... And he is stealing your ideas!!! By the way, do you prefer Sam dead or alive?
    Anyway it looks like a big redesign comes to Metallo and who knows what will do that piece of technology. Seems like Metallo will be no loger the man with a kryptonite heart but the man with "something" heart.

But what intrigues me the most is spoilers:
    who do you think is tipping Luthor about what is happening in Warworld?
    end of spoilers Prime suspect would be spoilers:
    Manchester Black,
    end of spoilersbut it would be to much obvious.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe PKJ follows your blog.... And he is stealing your ideas!!! By the way, do you prefer Sam dead or alive?
    Anyway it looks like a big redesign comes to Metallo and who knows what will do that piece of technology. Seems like Metallo will be no loger the man with a kryptonite heart but the man with "something" heart.

But what intrigues me the most is spoilers:
    who do you think is tipping Luthor about what is happening in Warworld?
    end of spoilers Prime suspect would be spoilers:
    Manchester Black,
    end of spoilersbut it would be to much obvious.
    I prefer Sam alive, I like him as a government antagonist for Superman, and one of the three men Metallo wants to kill because he blames them for his current status (the others being Supes and Lex of course). I don’t know who could be the traitor, perhaps it is Black but he isn’t doing it consciously or willingly? Maybe Lex hacked the tech Superman used to heal him back during Superman & the Authority? That would be my current guess. Otherwise I’ll guess Enchantress, but again it’s not conscious, maybe just her evil side spying for Lex.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I agree, incredible art this issue. Also I saw PKJ mentioned on twitter today, going forward Action is "the" superfamily book. I really wonder if we are going to get a announcement for a third Superman book soon, which can focus more on Clark..

Ugh so damn cool. Those ingrates over in Gotham better appreciate what they’re getting. Oh and I think a few were asking what became of Mongul’s chancellor/councilor Chayntil, he’s in the backups and it looks like dealing with his revenge against Superman for Mongul’s death will be what the backups focus on. Red Moon seems to have been referring to Warworld.

Here’s the tweet Dragonpiece was talking about

Well now I feel a lot more confident that Williamson is probably writing a relaunched Superman book.
    I like where this is (potentially) headed. A Superfam book set in Metropolis and another Clark book. Metropolis in particular is ripe for development.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Wow. This was incredible. This issue (and where it's headed) is probably the closest to a fully realized Superman-based world we've had in a long time (probably pre-New 52, even though I like a lot of New 52/Rebirth stuff). The writing was cinematic, Clark was perfect, Lex was perfect, Metallo was tragic. It's a story that's in no hurry yet it's never dull. Really loved Lex on Warworld going like "meh, thank god Earth has me".

And the artowrk was incredible. I feared once we got out the "John Carter of Mars" setting Federici would be out of his element, but I'm glad I was wrong. The incredible vustas, the scale, the comic-booky sci-fi elements and the more dramatic body horror science fiction with Metallo. he nails everything (well, almost everything, he struggles a bit with faces in some panels).

I hope they can keep this level of quality for a logn time.

Good, very good. A lot of subplots going on that will eventually lead to one big story. Excellent art, except for the back up.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Very good stuff, looking forward to seeing how this progresses. And Lex is as diabolical as ever, you almost gotta commend him for his insanity.

Also wait that Red Moon backup, [spoilers:
    ] didn't Omac die?[
    end of spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Very good stuff, looking forward to seeing how this progresses. And Lex is as diabolical as ever, you almost gotta commend him for his insanity.

Also wait that Red Moon backup, [spoilers:
    ] didn't Omac die?[
    end of spoilers]
    Yep. Either a mistake on the part of the artist, or given that both the Warworld Saga and Lex in his trip to Warworld say Warworld has “Necro-Cyborg Biotech” maybe they brought OMAC back to life with that tech.

Warworld’s tech seems at to play a major part in what’s to come so hopefully we’ll get more exploration on what kind of tech Warworld has and explanations on what it can do. Otherwise just assume Clarke’s Third Law holds true

The last panel of the issue... are they going to attack the Daily Planet?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-28-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The last panel of the issue... are they going to attack the Daily Planet?
    Sure looks like it, I think Bendis had Superman place Kryptonian tech that would defend the building from attacks after he revealed himself, but I can’t remember where specifically that was said.