Page 38 of 376 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yup, this certainly would have worked a million times better. The fact that Bendis didn't take this route (or even consider this route) just goes back to what is patently obvious. He just doesn't get Lois. Or alternatively, he really dislikes Lois to the point where it didn't matter to his story overall. Either way, not a good look.
    I don’t get how anyone can think Bendis doesn’t like Lois, he used her pretty heavily in his run, he got Lois her first book in years with Rucka alongside Jimmy (that it failed was Rucka’s fault), she was one of the main protagonists of Event Leviathan and is supposed to be in his sequel to that as well. To not put too fine a point on it, Lois was more proactive and involved in Bendis’ run than in Tomasi’s.

Now whether he wrote her well is subjective, but I like his Lois.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t get how anyone can think Bendis doesn’t like Lois, he used her pretty heavily in his run, he got Lois her first book in years with Rucka alongside Jimmy (that it failed was Rucka’s fault), she was one of the main protagonists of Event Leviathan and is supposed to be in his sequel to that as well. To not put too fine a point on it, Lois was more proactive and involved in Bendis’ run than in Tomasi’s.

All valid points. I think the whole letting Jon go off to space was a deal breaker for a lot of people though.

I think Bendis likes Lois but he's made her act dumb at points.

So Lewis isn’t doing all the backups. Watters is probably going to do a backup, wouldn’t surprise me if everyone participating in the FS Superman titles takes turns on backups. So Cloonan, Thomas, and Easton will probably write some as well. I wonder who will be the other creative team taking over the other Superbook from PKJ? I thought Lewis since it seemed he was doing all the back ups, but if he’s not doing them all it feels more uncertain.

So Lewis isn’t doing all the backups. Watters is probably going to do a backup, wouldn’t surprise me if everyone participating in the FS Superman titles takes turns on backups. So Cloonan, Thomas, and Easton will probably write some as well. I wonder who will be the other creative team taking over the other Superbook from PKJ? I thought Lewis since it seemed he was doing all the back ups, but if he’s not doing them all it feels more uncertain.
    It could very well be Lewis or Easton since they're the ones writing Jon's Future State book.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Y'all still *really* overestimate Clark and Lois' skills as parents.
    No, we aren't.it isn't consistent with rebirth characterisation is all.I know clark is more shitty with family than batman.He doesn't care about anyone kara,kon,bizzarro..etc would attest to that.
    Regarding rebirth.No,he was forced to take that decision due to situation like villains attacking the kid and jon's power imbalance.Even in that situation he bargained.He tried to do enforce safety measures.Moreover,damian is a good kid.He has earned enough and has been earning trust prior to that and from the start.Even then,clark threatened the poor boys.He was being a jerk for no reason.Damian actually ranaway with jon to keep him safe.

Anyways,I find this sexist accussation to be quiet bizzare.If clark isn't the main protagonist the story revolves around anymore.Then Lois isn't part of the main cast.It's as simple as that.If lois is to be a lead again.They would probably need to announce a limited series book with her.Moreover,i genuinely hate superman doing mundane nonsense.He is not even confronting anything evil that is worth while.Lois is basically that as well.So,either have lois go on sci-fi space adventure with clark or have a socially relevant story on earth.But, nope!it's drama drama and drama.where is the damn action.I want aeroplane flying,tommy gun firing,kickass action star.I don't care stories where lois's whole deal is equivalent to getting a damn paper cut.So,it's better Clark kent leaves the damn planet.Atleast,then he would be doing something cool.If people want lois to be part of that adventure.I can get behind that.Otherwise.No.This is action comics.I don't care for mundane nonesense where clark and lois have a tiff over clark's ex-girlfriend lana or **** like that.Yuck!what is this?Super-soapopera.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-22-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It could very well be Lewis or Easton since they're the ones writing Jon's Future State book.
    I figured Lewis or Watters and I still think one of the two will get the other book, but maybe DC will surprise me.

It's funny seeing people bring up KSD as a potential Superman writer or that a female writer wouldn't sideline Lois. KSD heavily sidelined and even put Mera in a coma in her 2 year run on Aquaman. So sorry if I can't tell if some of you actually care about woman having a bigger presence in comics or just angry because it's Lois.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    It's funny seeing people bring up KSD as a potential Superman writer or that a female writer wouldn't sideline Lois. KSD heavily sidelined and even put Mera in a coma in her 2 year run on Aquaman. So sorry if I can't tell if some of you actually care about woman having a bigger presence in comics or just angry because it's Lois.
    That's pretty much my thoughts.I am sure,jon is gonna have plenty of female in his cast.Lois is gonna be there,But more as a working mom figure.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I liked her Aquaman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and yeah there is no guarantee a woman writer wouldn’t sideline Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Y'all still *really* overestimate Clark and Lois' skills as parents.

Bendis didn't roll out that whole Jor-El thing like he should've; it was rushed and didn't take the time to really delve into the situation or the decision making processes, but Clark is not and has never been very good with family. Tomasi's perfect Superdad is the example of Clark being out of character, not the other way around.

He lets his ten year old son run off-planet with Damian Wayne. You *really* think Clark would pass up the opportunity to let Jon have the relationship with Jor that Clark never got?

But after two years of debating this point there's really no purpose to continuing it.
    This is a big reach Clark was originally very uncomfortable with Jon spending as much time with Damian as he was and only broke down as he got to know the kid more the fact he sent Jon & Lois off with someone openly untrustworthy, his shifty father, or not was out of character & terrible writing. Then salt was rubbed in the wound with having Lois ditch her 10 year old in space with a man she did not fully trust who does that? Bendis ruined them. And neither of them takes full accountability for the collausal **** up that is their failed lack of parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This is a big reach Clark was originally very uncomfortable with Jon spending as much time with Damian as he was and only broke down as he got to know the kid more the fact he sent Jon & Lois off with someone openly untrustworthy, his shifty father, or not was out of character & terrible writing. Then salt was rubbed in the wound with having Lois ditch her 10 year old in space with a man she did not fully trust who does that? Bendis ruined them. And neither of them takes full accountability for the collausal **** up that is their failed lack of parenting.
    All of that, plus I'm pretty sure at some point in Super Sons, it was revealed (by Alfred IIRC) that Clark and Bruce had a way of almost always knowing where those two were and what they were up to.

I liked her Aquaman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and yeah there is no guarantee a woman writer wouldn’t sideline Lois.
    That's fine. It's just a bit funny is all.

Yeeeah I didn't really wanna be the one to rain on the parade but I do agree that the key to Lois' relevance isn't as easy as just hiring a woman. Female writers can screw over female characters too. Just look at Stephanie Meyer and E.L. James XD (granted, I dont think any of the female writers on DC's payroll are as bad as those two)
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-22-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeeeah I didn't really wanna be the one to rain on the parade but I do agree that the key to Lois' relevance isn't as easy as just hiring a woman. Female writers can screw over female characters too. Just look at Stephanie Meyer and E.L. James XD
    Agreed just because you're the same gender and even race in certain cases of a character doesn't mean you can properly write the character prime example Marvel's America Chavez by Gabby Rivera complete trash!