Page 197 of 375 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ACTION COMICS #1042

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art and cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    Backup art by ADRIANA MELO
    Backup written by SHAWN ALDRIDGE
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/26/22
    The origins of Mongul, his mysterious champions, and Midnighter’s underground rebellion stand revealed! When another of Superman’s truest allies is killed, will the tragic loss end the rebellion before it begins? Or will it be the spark that finally unites Superman’s forces against the unstoppable Mongul? The Warworld Revolution begins! Also featuring the finale to the epic Martian Manhunter backup series!

Gorgeous covers! Art is going to be a beauty if Federeci can keep drawing! Can’t wait for the fights, anyone here who has read Abnett’s Aquaman Rebirth run knows he can draw some magnificent superhero fights. Excited to get the backstory on this new Mongul, and should be interesting to see how Supes and Middy interact once they reunite.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

God I can’t wait for next week:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God I can’t wait for next week:

I hope he takes that creature back to the fortress or makes it an Ally..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-22-2022 at 02:22 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ever think about how he started looking like the Superman that got pounded into pavement by the Primetime?

Anyways, I wonder how long this story is going to last. Death of the Justice League has to address it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Ever think about how he started looking like the Superman that got pounded into pavement by the Primetime?

Anyways, I wonder how long this story is going to last. Death of the Justice League has to address it, right?
    DotJL has Clark not showing signs of grey hair in the cover at least. Really hard to say when it takes place. My guess is they aren’t going to bother to make everything align across the lineup of books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DotJL has Clark not showing signs of grey hair in the cover at least. Really hard to say when it takes place. My guess is they aren’t going to bother to make everything align across the lineup of books.

Right now, I think that I'll just treat JL #75 as a What if/Elseworlds stand alone . Until I see that DC is giving me a reason to think otherwise.
    It'll depend on the coming solicitations and whether there is change in DC's line or not going forward.
    I could be wrong, but this seems rushed with no build up to it. And yes, I've been reading Infinite Frontier and JL Incarnate .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ACTION COMICS #1042

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art and cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    Backup art by ADRIANA MELO
    Backup written by SHAWN ALDRIDGE
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/26/22
    The origins of Mongul, his mysterious champions, and Midnighter’s underground rebellion stand revealed! When another of Superman’s truest allies is killed, will the tragic loss end the rebellion before it begins? Or will it be the spark that finally unites Superman’s forces against the unstoppable Mongul? The Warworld Revolution begins! Also featuring the finale to the epic Martian Manhunter backup series!

Clark drops the hammer.

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm a little confused on something from today's issue

spoilers:
    Is Mongul using Apollo to power War World or is this just an imprisonment thing?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Dug the hell out of this!
    Acknowledges both sets of Clark’s parents, the scientists and the farmers, while showing how Clark is different from both.
    Uses the Champion of the Oppressed moniker! My favorite one!
    I loved the songs PKJ made for The Last God, glad he’s been thinking up some for Warworld
    Superman using his brain to recognize the blood priests are bullshiting about being able to read the symbols! Ok so the Genesis Fragment did come from Warworld, and is likely connected to the original species of the planet that serves as the core of Warworld
    Really makes for a nice contrast the way Clark is shown to repeatedly mourn the dead with how Warworld celebrates driving species to extinction. Very topical considering Clark himself is one of the last members of a species
    Training issue is next so Clark can learn to stop getting his ass kicked
    Middy is making moves! Confirms that Apollo is still alive. A golden god being trapped on a throne? Didn’t expect any Warhammer 40k in this but I’ll take it!
    God the art is soooooo good! Federeci killed it as expected.

Bit of a tangent but man Warworld as envisioned by PKJ and Federeci would be such a great setting for a Superman game.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

That Midnighter. Apollo? Being drained or overloaded? Hmmm. Looks evil now tho. Great issue

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm a little confused on something from today's issue

spoilers:
    Is Mongul using Apollo to power War World or is this just an imprisonment thing?
    end of spoilers
    I think it’s just an imprisonment because Mongul was already using red suns to power Warworld before Superman & the Authority showed up.

Happy that Superman wasn't completely useless on the fighting pit, he doesn't have a good defense, but at least he was able to take down a few opponents.

PKJ is really amazing with the world building, and his writing along with Federicci's art give this whole arc an epic feel the Superman books rarely see.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

A Fantastic issue..the best part of the chapter is the stubborn idiotic bullheadedness of clark to fight in warworld like he does normally..without powers or weapons..kry-ux chews him out for it.Rightly so.Clark can be self-righteous prick.That's ok.. Everybody's got flaws.But,he isn't put on a pedestal for it.

Another thing i loved was clark figuring out these guy couldn't read the inscriptions,were just doing propaganda. Awesome issue.

Edit-i hope the training is actually good and not some throw away line with little panel time.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2022 at 09:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

This is definitely going down alongside the previous issue’s “Not more. But not less either.” as one of my all time favorite Superman pages:

Another thing I’m digging is all the different alien species we’re seeing on Warworld:

The blood priests looking different from the Warzoons is cool. Makes Warworld feel bigger since it’s home to all these different groups.