Page 180 of 376 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 5626
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d kill to see this adapted in animation which is probably the only place we could see it get adapted right now. Warworld in a big enough budget would be a horrifying spectacle.

Finally get the full Federeci variant cover!

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...700782089?s=21
    this art is so beautiful and clark is so hot with greying temples
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-14-2021 at 10:07 PM.

I’d kill to see this adapted in animation which is probably the only place we could see it get adapted right now. Warworld in a big enough budget would be a horrifying spectacle.

Finally get the full Federeci variant cover!

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...700782089?s=21
    Very fortunate that Mongul happens to be fighting a depowered Clark.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Do Batman's dozens of appearances throughout the DCU each month add up? Whenever you have multiple creators all working with the same character in the "present day", the chronology of stuff is never going to match up perfectly. Once you add in the editorial cluster&%$# that was involved in the creation of Morrison & Janin's story and the subsequent course-correction, I think they did a pretty great job of getting everything to line up.

If it really bothers you, just pretend that any remaining inconsistencies are an aftershock from the destruction & recreation of the entire Multiverse...or a wizard did it.
    Batman doesn't switch age and "power level" in books that are meant to set up the same storyline. 🙃

Ideally, Morrison's book should've been left as its own thing instead of squeeze it in-between page 9 and 10 of AC #1035.

PKJ says soon the backups in Action will shift to tell the background of Mongul and various gladiators

Sweet was hoping we’d get to see some of the background he’s been hinting at for these characters!
    This is a better use of the extra pages.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

That's got to be an improvement on the lackluster Tales of Metropolis backups we have been getting.
    Agreed. PKJ isn’t sure if he will be writing them or someone else will, personally hoping for Dan Watters since he’s a great up and coming writer who worked on the Songs of the Lost Children tie in to The Last God
    Warworld gladiator related backups will be an improvement for sure. While I didn't find the recent one necessarily terrible, and I do like the Guardian, it def was not the greatest of fits in the larger context. Also took a weirdly dark turn when they showed that guy kill himself.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Batman doesn't switch age and "power level" in books that are meant to set up the same storyline. ��

Ideally, Morrison's book should've been left as its own thing instead of squeeze it in-between page 9 and 10 of AC #1035.
    There was nothing ideal about the launch of 5G and its subsequent scuttling. You're either willing to accept the extremely minor continuity hiccups that result in that kind of giant editorial changeup or you're not.

However, if you're willing to accept that a guy can appear in dozens of comics ever month, then you should absolutely be able to accept that Superman has been suffering from the rapidly increasing effects of radiation sickness for the last few months but was covering it up and that a four issue miniseries took place in between the panels of another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Very fortunate that Mongul happens to be fighting a depowered Clark.
    It was not fortunate. It was planned.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It was not fortunate. It was planned.
    Yeah PKJ seems to be hinting that Mongul has been orchestrating events to get to where we are now. Warworld is powering itself with red solar energy, Mongul showed up in the last issue riding one of the Breach creatures. Finally got a Mongul who can scheme again without falling back on the Black Mercy!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah PKJ seems to be hinting that Mongul has been orchestrating events to get to where we are now. Warworld is powering itself with red solar energy, Mongul showed up in the last issue riding one of the Breach creatures. Finally got a Mongul who can scheme again without falling back on the Black Mercy!
    You should do a checklist on your page. It seems like PKJ lurks on there. Or it was convengent thinking?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You should do a checklist on your page. It seems like PKJ lurks on there. Or it was convengent thinking?
    Hah I wish, but nah he’s just posting stuff on Twitter. I linked to some of what he’s saying in the last page here:
    PKJ says soon the backups in Action will shift to tell the background of Mongul and various gladiators

Sweet was hoping we’d get to see some of the background he’s been hinting at for these characters!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I've only been following this run through here tangentially, the most recent issue a good jumping on point?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

There was nothing ideal about the launch of 5G and its subsequent scuttling. You're either willing to accept the extremely minor continuity hiccups that result in that kind of giant editorial changeup or you're not.

However, if you're willing to accept that a guy can appear in dozens of comics ever month, then you should absolutely be able to accept that Superman has been suffering from the rapidly increasing effects of radiation sickness for the last few months but was covering it up and that a four issue miniseries took place in between the panels of another issue.
    What I can say, it didn't worked for me. And I read Morrison's SM as an older Clark who changed his perspective with age (like Morrison described him in interviews) not present-day SM but poisoned.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-15-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I've only been following this run through here tangentially, the most recent issue a good jumping on point?
    Sure if you don’t care to learn how the Authority was formed or why Clark isn’t bringing the League, you can just jump in with 1036

Sure if you don’t care to learn how the Authority was formed or why Clark isn’t bringing the League, you can just jump in with 1036
    The gray temple hairs explain it all to me. He's having his mid-life crisis and started hanging out with younger folks. No different than a suburban dad buying a Ferrari.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

For one thing, it seems like PKJ is quite adept at utilizing Manchester Black as Superman’s perfect foil; using his over the top cynicism to specifically illustrate what makes Clark great. In particular, that one scene where Black is yammering on about how Supes is lame and Lightray just wants to know what it's like to walk a day in his shoes wanting to help everybody… I was curious to see how he took it after Morrison, but he's got it down so far.

The sexy grey hair Dad looks works pretty well, but we sure never want to see him go full Dad-bod.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Please, if he needs Superbrat to become Superman then let's just see dadbod Clark!