Page 294 of 376 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Williamson posted a tease of Action 1050 that I don’t think I shared before:

Perkins is the artist so this must be from PKJ’s section. At first I thought that was Manchester Black strapped down, but going off of the guy next to Lex, I think it’s Metallo. That guy next to Lex looks like Emmet Vale, scientist who helped turn Corben into Metallo in the first place:

If he’s there this must be Metallo awakening in his new body or maybe a flashback to the first time he was transformed into Metallo.
    Nah, I say is 'Chester.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

Williamson posted a tease of Action 1050 that I don’t think I shared before:

Perkins is the artist so this must be from PKJ’s section. At first I thought that was Manchester Black strapped down, but going off of the guy next to Lex, I think it’s Metallo. That guy next to Lex looks like Emmet Vale, scientist who helped turn Corben into Metallo in the first place:

If he’s there this must be Metallo awakening in his new body or maybe a flashback to the first time he was transformed into Metallo.
    If that is indeed Emmett vale

Than it basically confirms that secret origins is the canon origin of Superman again

As he looks more in line with that comic than he does with the pre-secret origin Emmett vale

And here’s art from Clayton Henry teasing Taylor’s portion of 1050 I reckon:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That's cool. I remember my first introduction to Terra Man was in Ending Battle and even then I thought he had the potential to be a heavy hitter. I hope more is done with him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    That's cool. I remember my first introduction to Terra Man was in Ending Battle and even then I thought he had the potential to be a heavy hitter. I hope more is done with him in the future.
    My first encounter with him was the old LoSH cartoon. I thought he looked cool and was intimidating, didn’t know he was considered a joke until much later. Odd that there are plenty of other villains in other franchises who are the same basic archetype and they manage to be quite popular, like Cad Bane in Star Wars. Amazing how well the space cowboy take has aged compared to the eco terrorist “modernization” they originally went with in Post Crisis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It happens very often. Some modern updates became obsolete sooner or later and return to the original idea is the best path.
    However I think than the Kurt Busiek approach is the best and he should be used when Superman must have space adventures. Maybe the lacking point is why Terra Man would be related to Superman and not be a villian to the Green Lanterns for example. Why Superman considers than Terra Man is something he must take care about.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I wouldn’t be upset if we shared him with the Lanterns. If he’s on Earth he’s Superman’s problem but if he’s off raiding backwater planets than he can be a GL problem.

Neither would I. But the question persists. Why would Superman go out to space to exclusively deal with Terra-man, for example. I mean, on earth, he would crash in Metropolis. But in space, why at motivates Superman to go after him? Take what PKJ had done with Superman and Mongul: Superman has clashed with Mongul(s) several times and knows the danger that he represents. But now he went after him because the phaelosians and after being attacked by Mongul. He had powerful motivations to go after him.
    If Superman goes after Terra Man with a space posse, he should have also a big reason to left earth.

If Terra-Man took hostages off world with him or stole something of value, hell if he killed someone, that would be reason enough for Clark to chase him down. Superman isn’t the type to let boundaries stop him from pursuing a supervillain.

Incredible Member

How about making Terra-Man a Kent? That'd be reason enough for Clark to actively decide to deal with him where normally that'd be the GL's turf.

Or just some figure of Smallville/Metropolis past if that's too much. Or even a Lane.

Prankster would be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    How about making Terra-Man a Kent? That'd be reason enough for Clark to actively decide to deal with him where normally that'd be the GL's turf.

Or just some figure of Smallville/Metropolis past if that's too much. Or even a Lane.
    Huh. That’s not a bad idea! I remember way back when that Ostrander wrote a Kents mini about their history as a family. One Kent ran away during the Civil War to join the Confederacy. You could make that guy Terra-Man, it would be a fascinating way to connect him to Supes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Is there any chance the pkj's. super-family will have Superman's "first" supervillains(ultra humanite) adoptive grandson aka the monkey prince?#moremonkeyprinceinsuperman..Instead of batgrumpy bring in the ultimate rule breaker for a cross over...

what's the use in having terra-man? Sheriff Superman(blah!) in modern times wouldn't have much of a real showdown with emotional content.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-07-2022 at 11:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is there any chance the pkj's. super-family will have Superman's "first" supervillains(ultra humanite) adoptive grandson aka the monkey prince?#moremonkeyprinceinsuperman..Instead of batgrumpy bring in the ultimate rule breaker for a cross over...

what's the use in having terra-man? Sheriff Superman(blah!) in modern times wouldn't have much of a real showdown with emotional content.

Explain yourself

Ultra-Humanite has a grandson?

HOW!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Explain yourself

Ultra-Humanite has a grandson?

HOW!!??
    Monkey Prince #9, came out this week. But he is adopted grandson.