Page 167 of 375 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So was the big status quo change PKJ kept hyping up when he was announced just Clark living on warworld during his run? None of this seems to crazy in hindsight.
    Marketing is always about hyping up how things will NEVER BE THE SAME

But going off world for an extended period of time is still a big status quo change. We don’t know for example if he’s going to come back to Earth once he’s done with Warworld. Could be away for a while which is a big change.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He wants to keep Superman in space for 5 years? I guess I'm one of those Lois fans who are going to be pissed off.
    Beyond just Lois, what about Clark and the JLA? Clark and Bruce?
    This is what I was afraid of for this story. Overall I like what he says about his take on the character, but I don't want Clark cut off from the rest of the DCU for five years! That's way too long.

BANNED

the further away from the JL and Batman the better, we have already had too many stories of Superman as a mascot (in the last issue he does something wrong and they do it). The only bad thing is that if we take into account Lois's history, when Clark returns he will see that Jon has a new dad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    He wants to keep Superman in space for 5 years? I guess I'm one of those Lois fans who are going to be pissed off.
    Beyond just Lois, what about Clark and the JLA? Clark and Bruce?
    This is what I was afraid of for this story. Overall I like what he says about his take on the character, but I don't want Clark cut off from the rest of the DCU for five years! That's way too long.
    ... it was a joke. About how this story was going to be long but not that long. He outright said he's already planning to include Lois and other Earth-based characters in the very next arc after Warworld.

As for the JLA, that's really more on whether DC Editorial wants Jon in the League (and thus Clark couldn't be in it because redundancy and needing to establish Jon's role independent of Clark) or not. As for Bruce... can't say I particularly care about that, but DC does, so we'll probably see some sort of team-up between those two again at some point.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 10-10-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Clark taking an extended vacation away from Batman is a plus to me. Batman is freaking everywhere and it’s not like we don’t have so much content with the two of them paired together. Bendis seems to just be ignoring continuity like usual to do his own thing lol, so you’ll still get Clark with the League there if needed.

My guess is that Clark will touch base on Earth but that he isn’t going to be active in Metropolis for as long as they’re pushing Jon. Also he’ll be leaving a lot to go to other cosmic locations. There’s definitely a Phantom Zone story coming down the line given all the buildup and hints we’ve gotten, plus the return of Aethyr.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    ... it was a joke. About how this story was going to be long but not that long. He outright said he's already planning to include Lois and other Earth-based characters in the very next arc after Warworld.

As for the JLA, that's really more on whether DC Editorial wants Jon in the League (and thus Clark couldn't be in it because redundancy and needing to establish Jon's role independent of Clark) or not. As for Bruce... can't say I particularly care about that, but DC does, so we'll probably see some sort of team-up between those two again at some point.
    Well that's a relief. Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text only so it sounded serious to me. Do we have any timeframe for just how long this is going on.
    It doesn't help that the text of the story has supported Superman going into space and never returning, the discussion of wanting Jon to take Clark's place as the Superman of Earth, in the JLA, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Well that's a relief. Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text only so it sounded serious to me. Do we have any timeframe for just how long this is going on.
    It doesn't help that the text of the story has supported Superman going into space and never returning, the discussion of wanting Jon to take Clark's place as the Superman of Earth, in the JLA, etc.
    He’s said the regular supporting characters will be back in Action in the next arc. I’m guessing we’ll have a 6-12 issue run with just WarWorld and then they’ll work the Earthbound characters back it. Probably starting with Thao-La and Lois. I’m thinking Planet Hulk type run. The point of this is to not end up in the Future State timeline where he’s trapped on WarWorld for decades. Midnighter’s backups set that up somewhat with the breaking of the time loop and narratively there’s no way we get more than that of Superman dying and being revived to free a couple of slaves each go round.

My guess would be that Warworld is going to last till Taylor finishes setting up Jon on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    My guess would be that Warworld is going to last till Taylor finishes setting up Jon on Earth.
    Yeah, PKJ has said he and Taylor have already discussed crossing the books over eventually. It was supposedly just in the discussion stage at that point, so it would likely be at least a year or so out.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Perhaps SM will go back and forth between earth and space for the next 2 years or so, and Warworld is only the first step.

Incredible Member

He's previously said the Warworld saga is "the biggest story he's told at DC", which would make it at least longer than The Last God (12 issues). Everything he's said so far implies it won't last further than 2022, which would (assuming it ends in December) make it around 15 issues long (plus Annual) at most.

Personally, I believe the arc after Warworld is Phantom Zone related. PKJ has reintroduced Aethyr, made mentions of a Sleeping God in an earlier vision and had the place in said vision be called the Necropolis (which relates to death, and thus phantoms).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    He's previously said the Warworld saga is "the biggest story he's told at DC", which would make it at least longer than The Last God (12 issues). Everything he's said so far implies it won't last further than 2022, which would (assuming it ends in December) make it around 15 issues long (plus Annual) at most.

Personally, I believe the arc after Warworld is Phantom Zone related. PKJ has reintroduced Aethyr, made mentions of a Sleeping God in an earlier vision and had the place in said vision be called the Necropolis (which relates to death, and thus phantoms).
    I expected it to last up to AC #1050. As comics nerds know, special issues are used to end or start a storyline or change direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Perhaps SM will go back and forth between earth and space for the next 2 years or so, and Warworld is only the first step.
    Works for me. Want to see him do something with Brainiac and also Maxima/Almerac (no I don’t want Clark to cheat obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Works for me. Want to see him do something with Brainiac and also Maxima/Almerac (no I don’t want Clark to cheat obviously).
    Isn't Maxima a lesbian nowadays? lol

Wonder what's the long term plan (if there's one) with the Authority: they'll be dumped after the Warworld arc or they are supposed to stick around and be part of the Super-fam from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Isn't Maxima a lesbian nowadays? lol

Wonder what's the long term plan (if there's one) with the Authority: they'll be dumped after the Warworld arc or they are supposed to stick around and be part of the Super-fam from now on?
    There’s two: An older one who is classic Maxima and a younger one who is a lesbian.

Curious myself what the long term plan is for them. I’m hoping some stay alive and keep getting used, they make for a nice supporting cast while Clark is out among the stars.