Page 59 of 376 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Another podcast with PKJ (I'm losing count of these, lol):

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Another podcast with PKJ (I'm losing count of these, lol):

Not to disrespect him, but what else can he say about these books? Nothing has been published so he can only vaguely talk about the solicits. I'd get it if his run was already starting up but come on. lol

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not to disrespect him, but what else can he say about these books? Nothing has been published so he can only vaguely talk about the solicits. I'd get it if his run was already starting up but come on. lol
    Yeah, he more or less say the same things of the other podcasts. I got confused more than once and thought some of the podcasts were already shared. 😂

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, he more or less say the same things of the other podcasts. I got confused more than once and thought some of the podcasts were already shared. ��
    Surprise surprise, people really like Superman and want to know what's going on. Surprise surprise, he can't tell you "we're writing him out" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Superman losing his powers (no doubt to make room for Jon) is not helping get me excited for the run, but it's a solicit. Hopefully that's not what's going on. The cover also doesn't have Sampere listed even though the solicit does. Tight ship you're running there, DC. Tedesco cover remains gorgeous.

Ambush bug gets a spotlight before Lois Lane? I try not to curse this much on these boards, but fucking AMBUSH BUG? This is a fucking joke.
    I like Lois Lane, but I can also be happy to get some Ambush Bug. Haven't read much of him but he's a cool character

Incredible Member

The problem is not Ambush Bug. The problem is that there's space to give Midnighter his own back-up in the Superman books, there's space to highlight Ambush Bug in the second "Tales of Metropolis" story, but according to PKJ there's no space for Lois Lane in any of these stories.

I know I know, just don't bring Ambush Bug down for the sake of Lois (WHO I LOVE). Midnighter on the other hand I could do without. I don't even understand why they are bringing Authority into the DC universe. It's just gonna be a downgraded version of their former selves. The whole premise of those books was that we finally see superheroes make structural political changes to the world. That won't happen in the DC universe.

Is this the most usage Mongul has gotten in like ever? I’m glad, with Darkseid upgraded to a JL tier threat like he deserves, Mongul should be the tough SOB Clark can take down himself, but not without a brutal fight. I think Clark weakening is going to be the justification for why Jon *needs* to be co-Superman. Let’s hope Johnson OCs are better than Bendis’ although Mongul being used gives me hope that the classic Rogues won’t be completely forgotten. Brainiac feels like a safe bet to show up, especially since he was on that spread. I hope that does happen, Brainiac hasn’t had a great story since Morrison Action imo.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1030

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON

Art by DANIEL SAMPERE

Backup story w ritten by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD backup story

Back up story art by MICHAEL AVON OEMING

Cover by MIKEL JANIN

Card stock variant cover by by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

"Warworld Rising" starts here! A new chapter in Superman's life begins as the challenges of Dark Nights: Death Metal are causing Clark Kent to feel...a change in his powers. Is it possible the Metropolis Marvel could be losing a step? His struggles in taking down the creatures from the Breach would suggest as much! If he's going to continue to protect the people of Earth, he'll have to adapt -- especially with threats like Mongul out there waiting to launch their biggest attacks on the Earth yet. That's right, those are Warworld battleships just outside our orbit, and they are heading straight for us!

Meanwhile, in the Midnighter backup story, the bad boy of the Authority has to figure out what Andrej Trojan is up to in the present if he ever wants to get back to Future State and swap places with the Midnighter of 2021, whom he left stranded on Warworld.

40 pages, $4.99, available on April 27.
    That midnighter solicitation definitely has me curious about his future state storyline..wonder what's happening there. Everything looks good, I miss double shipping though.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I guess I'll be the odd man out (like usual) and say that I really, really, really dig Clark's powers dimming and him, as PKJ put it, "really feeling his age".

There's a lot to chew on there especially because Clark is now going to be operating on the biggest scale he has yet. And more than that, out in the greater universe, again, as PKJ put it, Clark is known as "the toughest guy in the universe". He now has to take on this new, larger task while trying to live up to expectations he can no longer meet in the same way because he's now starting to feel the "twilight" of his super life. That's really interesting to me because that sets up for so many new situations.

On the Jon side, I really like incredibly relatable idea of a son seeing his dad as human for the first time rather than the superhero they seem when you're small and always looking up. Accepting his upcoming role as Superman means accepting his dad's limitations and mortality. That's a tough one for anyone, but infinitely more so when you pop is Superman. I mean, just look at how fans can go pages of arguments defending the idea that Superman should never grow old. But with Jon there's the added idea of "I just kind of figured he'd do it forever, and I'd help out when I could. I never actually thought I'd have to be The Guy".
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-16-2021 at 01:21 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

PKJ did say that he’s going to be digging into that science pulp/John Carter DNA in Superman’s cosmic adventures. Could Clark go back to his Golden Age/early New 52 power levels for a bit? Hey Bendis did a better job of Clark losing his secret ID than the DCYou Truth imo, maybe PKJ can do the same for a return to a more grounded Superman.

Goddamn does Yang’s Batman/Superman sound like it’s going to be an absolute banger though. If PKJ botches it we’ll have that book at least.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

What's interesting is that this seems to be a cross the field sweep. Bruce gets half his money taken, Diana is no longer on this plane of existence, and Clark is getting his powers reduced and "feeling his age".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What's interesting is that this seems to be a cross the field sweep. Bruce gets half his money taken, Diana is no longer on this plane of existence, and Clark is getting his powers reduced and "feeling his age".
    And Barry is (maybe) losing the Flash book to Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I guess I'll be the odd man out (like usual) and say that I really, really, really dig Clark's powers dimming and him, as PKJ put it, "really feeling his age".

There's a lot to chew on there especially because Clark is now going to be operating on the biggest scale he has yet. And more than that, out in the greater universe, again, as PKJ put it, Clark is known as "the toughest guy in the universe". He now has to take on this new, larger task while trying to live up to expectations he can no longer meet in the same way because he's now starting to feel the "twilight" of his super life. That's really interesting to me because that sets up for so many new situations.

On the Jon side, I really like incredibly relatable idea of a son seeing his dad a human for the first time rather than the superhero they seem when you're small and always looking up. Accepting his upcoming role as Superman means accepting his dad's limitations and mortality. That's a tough one for anyone, but infinitely more so when you pop is Superman. I mean, just look at how fans can go pages of arguments defending the idea that Superman should never grow old. But with Jon there's the added idea of "I just kind of figured he'd do it forever, and I'd help out when I could. I never actually thought I'd have to be The Guy".
    Ok I kind of like those ideas, but only as an era for the characters.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And Barry is (maybe) losing the Flash book to Wally.
    wait what?it's the red head,right?best news all day.After all the crap wally gets to finally have his moments.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"