Page 172 of 375 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I assumed Janin was going to draw AC when it'll get to the Future State status quo with Gladiator Superman like for his Worlds of War 2 issues.
    Looks like Federeci will be doing that instead, which is great! Superlad thinks Janin will get poached by Taylor for SOKE, but last we heard he’ll still be joining Action at some point. Of course that was before the Jon is bi reveal and the reprints, so who knows what will happen now?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Federeci will be doing that instead, which is great! Superlad thinks Janin will get poached by Taylor for SOKE, but last we heard he’ll still be joining Action at some point. Of course that was before the Jon is bi reveal and the reprints, so who knows what will happen now?
    I can't imagine a DC editor in his all sanity looking at Janin art over the recent SM minis and thinking it would be a good fit for skinny teen Jon.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I can't imagine a DC editor in his all sanity looking at Janin art over the recent SM minis and thinking it would be a good fit for skinny teen Jon.
    Is it really that hard to believe? Look at the way Daniel Sampere or Reis drew Jon as a teen. He's maybe a just a little shorter and a little slimmer than Dick Grayson, and obviously Janin's claim to fame started with Grayson.

And it's not as if Janin can't just simply adjust a bit. I'd say if DC gives the go ahead because they want a higher profile artist on the book and Janin was in fact moved off Action for SoK then it'll be just that simple.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Is it really that hard to believe? Look at the way Daniel Sampere or Reis drew Jon as a teen. He's maybe a just a little shorter and a little slimmer than Dick Grayson, and obviously Janin's claim to fame started with Grayson.

And it's not as if Janin can't just simply adjust a bit. I'd say if DC gives the go ahead because they want a higher profile artist on the book and Janin was in fact moved off Action for SoK then it'll be just that simple.
    This would be mean also for Timms getting the boot after his contribution to SoK #5. Can't see either way.

Maybe they’ll have Janin draw a crossover between Action and SSOKE? PKJ has said he and Tom have talked about doing that at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This would be mean also for Timms getting the boot after his contribution to SoK #5. Can't see either way.
    It wouldn't be unheard of. They'd just move him onto another book. He and Bendis are frequent collaborators. We've seen stuff like this happen before where artist get moved over to books that are higher profile or have their profile going on even if it's in the middle of a run. My guess would be that they'd have Timms finish out the trade, then once the next big arc starts you can move Janin in.

I'd also really go for Ryan Sook and Travis Moore switching back and forth. Haven't heard much from Moore, but he did do one of the covers for Son of Kal-El issue #5, and he does do very openly queer art. And Sook is finishing out his Booster and Blue 6 issue mini, so, in theory, he should be free.

Edit: scratch that Moore's on Wonder Woman right now.

But I think Janin has a shot if a change over is coming because he was already linked to the Superman books via Action and The Authority but has mysteriously vanished right when Jon's star is on the rise.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-22-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

It wouldn't be unheard of. They'd just move him onto another book. He and Bendis are frequent collaborators. We've seen stuff like this happen before where artist get moved over to books that are higher profile or have their profile going on even if it's in the middle of a run. My guess would be that they'd have Timms finish out the trade, then once the next big arc starts you can move Janin in.

I'd also really go for Ryan Sook and Travis Moore switching back and forth. Haven't heard much from Moore, but he did do one of the covers for Son of Kal-El issue #5, and he does do very openly queer art. And Sook is finishing out his Booster and Blue 6 issue mini, so, in theory, he should be free.

But I think Janin has a shot if a change over is coming because he was already linked to the Superman books via Action and The Authority but has mysteriously vanished right when Jon's star is on the rise.
    it would be great I don't like Timms' art

Timms is still listed on art and cover for #7. The trade is up to #12? idk, we'll see.

Listening to the recent Word Balloon Podcast with PKJ, he says he does think he’ll be bringing back the House of El cast in something coming up. Maybe another Annual? That would be great I love those guys, kinda wish they got a mini.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...644773889?s=21
    Sad news, Super-fans: I'm told that due to supply issues, Action Comics #1036 has been pushed back to Nov 9th.

You guys have been so incredibly kind with your excitement for the Warworld Saga, I'm gonna try to make it up to you a little with some images/backstory from the comic.
    Damnit oh well nothing to do but wait. The little tidbits of info he’s sharing on Twitter are neat however!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Damnit oh well nothing to do but wait. The little tidbits of info he’s sharing on Twitter are neat however!
    Yeah thats a bummer for sure.

Speaking of the product and supply chain shortage, just read that Image is kiboshing second printings, at least for the foreseeable future.

https://www.gamesradar.com/image-com...find-in-print/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

At least, the Warworld saga prelude (BM/SM & The Authority) will be out next week. Looking at the bright side, we'll read the stories in the right order thanks to the delays.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-27-2021 at 04:20 AM.

At least, the Warworld saga prelude (BM/SM & The Authority) will be out next week. Looking at the bright side, we'll read the stories in the right order thanks to the delays.
    Hah yes I did notice that and was amused by it.

Amazing Member

I'm really enjoying what the PKJ is doing with the war world, and I found it interesting that they have some ground vehicles and some humans there, Maybe Clark needs to bring the humans that exist there home as well

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    I'm really enjoying what the PKJ is doing with the war world, and I found it interesting that they have some ground vehicles and some humans there, Maybe Clark needs to bring the humans that exist there home as well
    Given Clark is assuredly going to end up unseating Mongul, I’m curious if the after effects of doing so will be shown. Tomasi kind of just dodged addressing how the Apokoliptans could possible survive without Clark there to keep them safe after “freeing them”, so I hope to see that issue addressed this time around with the Warworlders.