Page 112 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1904
  1. #1666
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's possible that the Z-list characters from the back ups will be the supporting characters in Tom Taylor's SuperJon series or get their own mini down the line.
    Given they’re set to continue in SoKE the thought did occur to me that Lewis may be setting them up for Taylor to use. If so I kinda expect them to just be fodder for whenever he feels like killing someone
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #1667
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given they’re set to continue in SoKE the thought did occur to me that Lewis may be setting them up for Taylor to use. If so I kinda expect them to just be fodder for whenever he feels like killing someone
    LOL, right. Poor Bibbo.

  3. #1668
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    LOL, right. Poor Bibbo.
    yeah! he ain't killing bibbo.he loves "Classic" post crisis stuff.Bibbo is the best thing out of postcrisis continuity.I been saying bibbo is gonna play the surrogate dad role for jon.Especially since superman is up in space.He also seems to like jimmy.These two are safe.Also, different kind of story.there isn't a zombie apocalpyse or an spacedevil.I can't say the same for other planet staff.I mean,if the kid is gonna have a different setting.Daily planet may not be the focus,at all.Also,personally he write a damn good jimmy.

    Daily planet or star was meant to be in the middle of the action....Not drama.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-17-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  4. #1669
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    PKJ's SM and AC debut issues out of the Top 50 in March (#52 and #71 respectively): https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

    Overall, it doesn't seem that the Infinite Frontier initiative is bumping sales for DC.
    April 2021 sales projections: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-04.html SM and AC at #59 and #67 respectively. Apparently, SM sales are down and AC's a little up from the previous month.

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    yeah! he ain't killing bibbo.he loves "Classic" post crisis stuff.Bibbo is the best thing out of postcrisis continuity.I been saying bibbo is gonna play the surrogate dad role for jon.Especially since superman is up in space.He also seems to like jimmy.These two are safe.Also, different kind of story.there isn't a zombie apocalpyse or an spacedevil.I can't say the same for other planet staff.I mean,if the kid is gonna have a different setting.Daily planet may not be the focus,at all.Also,personally he write a damn good jimmy.

    Daily planet or star was meant to be in the middle of the action....Not drama.
    I'm sure he is going to kill someone for shock value.

  5. #1670
    Amazing Member Kaine322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    April 2021 sales projections: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-04.html SM and AC at #59 and #67 respectively. Apparently, SM sales are down and AC's a little up from the previous month.



    I'm sure he is going to kill someone for shock value.
    Itíll be Loose Cannon, count on it. Heís a Bloodlines character. Thatís what theyíre there for doing.

  6. #1671
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    April 2021 sales projections: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-04.html SM and AC at #59 and #67 respectively. Apparently, SM sales are down and AC's a little up from the previous month.



    I'm sure he is going to kill someone for shock value.
    Unsurprising. Action is great so far whereas Superman is just “ok”, especially since he’s basically just buying Taylor time. Action has better art and you can tell it’s where he’s building towards something big. I wonder why they didn’t just have Taylor write the final arc? I’m sure he would’ve loved to write “the last Clark & Jon adventure” before Jon becomes Superman himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  7. #1672
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm sure he is going to kill someone for shock value.
    I am fine with deaths.I am fine with them killing of jon.If a good stories was told with him.Mainstream american comics stinks because of lack of consequences.They are really afraid of ending ips and franchises.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  8. #1673
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,073

    Default


    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  9. #1674
    Spectacular Member oneveryfineday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I could cry tears of joy over this damn glorious art, especially the panel of backlit Clark.

  10. #1675
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    It’ll be Loose Cannon, count on it. He’s a Bloodlines character. That’s what they’re there for doing.
    Let's take bets on who's going to get killed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unsurprising. Action is great so far whereas Superman is just “ok”, especially since he’s basically just buying Taylor time. Action has better art and you can tell it’s where he’s building towards something big. I wonder why they didn’t just have Taylor write the final arc? I’m sure he would’ve loved to write “the last Clark & Jon adventure” before Jon becomes Superman himself.
    Buying time for Taylor, and wasting time for the readers.

    Btw, I expect the September's AC event will help raising sales for the book (back in the Top 50?) if it'll not get completely overshadowed by the Fear State event. Maybe AC too will be relaunched with a #1 after the Fall's shake up?

  11. #1676
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Let's take bets on who's going to get killed.



    Buying time for Taylor, and wasting time for the readers.

    Btw, I expect the September's AC event will help raising sales for the book (back in the Top 50?) if it'll not get completely overshadowed by the Fear State event. Maybe AC too will be relaunched with a #1 after the Fall's shake up?
    I don’t think Action will get a relaunch, it being the only ongoing book for Clark set in main continuity might help raise sales. Otherwise it being the central book for this Superevent in Sept will hopefully catch interest and get people to take a look. I’m very curious as to the nature of the event that’s coming. It’s obviously going to be Mongul focused but I hope other Rogues play a role too, just like how other Gotham Rogues are involved in Fear State. I’m also expecting them to (hopefully) spin off a John Henry Irons Steel book like how they’re spinning Jace’s book out of Fear State. Fingers crossed I’m right (got no clue who would write it, Brandon Thomas maybe?)
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  12. #1677
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    I just love everything about AC, both the writing and art. It's been the book I look forward the most after Immortal Hulk.

  13. #1678
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think Action will get a relaunch, it being the only ongoing book for Clark set in main continuity might help raise sales. Otherwise it being the central book for this Superevent in Sept will hopefully catch interest and get people to take a look. I’m very curious as to the nature of the event that’s coming. It’s obviously going to be Mongul focused but I hope other Rogues play a role too, just like how other Gotham Rogues are involved in Fear State. I’m also expecting them to (hopefully) spin off a John Henry Irons Steel book like how they’re spinning Jace’s book out of Fear State. Fingers crossed I’m right (got no clue who would write it, Brandon Thomas maybe?)
    I don't think they'll relaunch Action again anytime soon. Action may get a bump once Morrison's series starts and then feeds into the event. The Green Lantern didn't exactly set the charts ablaze, but Morrison on Superman is a different animal. Taylor's #1 will sell well, just have to see how the legs are on that also.

  14. #1679
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't think they'll relaunch Action again anytime soon. Action may get a bump once Morrison's series starts and then feeds into the event. The Green Lantern didn't exactly set the charts ablaze, but Morrison on Superman is a different animal. Taylor's #1 will sell well, just have to see how the legs are on that also.
    A paranoid part of me says that they don’t want to relaunch Action and risk overshadowing Jon’s new series #1 but I get that’s almost certainly not why. They probably just don’t want to relaunch Action and Tec any time soon given the “prestige” of having the longest running series. It will be curious to see what the sales are for Morrison on Supes, but I think what’s going to raise sales will be the event. Comic fans complain about events a lot, but they still tend to raise sales for a book (unless the event is absolute garbage or you do too many back to back like Marvel did).
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  15. #1680
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    To me it looks like DC's strategy when it comes to relaunches has changed a bit in general. Books like Nightwing or Justice League could have used a relaunch as well and its not like their current numbers have that much, if any, prestige. Might be the opposite and we'll get Nightwing #300 in near future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •