Page 126 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The original event was supposed to be a separate mini with some SM book tied into it? If now it's just on AC, it's an arc and not an event anymore.
    The assumption was it was a mini. PKJ never outright stated that to my knowledge, just that it was a fall event. He just said it was big and will have linewide ramifications.

Incredible Member

The event was supposed to restructure the cosmic side of DC, right? Both Bendis JL and Thorne Green Lantern are using the United Planets, a Superman concept brought to current continuity during Bendis' run, which PKJ is following up on, and that was used in the Future State Superman books. So maybe this event is something with the United Planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The assumption was it was a mini. PKJ never outright stated that to my knowledge, just that it was a fall event. He just said it was big and will have linewide ramifications.
    You know that’s a good point. I assumed it would be a mini with Action and other books maybe tying in, but I don’t think it was ever confirmed to be that. I will ask him on Twitter if that’s always been the plan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The event was supposed to restructure the cosmic side of DC, right? Both Bendis JL and Thorne Green Lantern are using the United Planets, a Superman concept brought to current continuity during Bendis' run, which PKJ is following up on, and that was used in the Future State Superman books. So maybe this event is something with the United Planets?
    Curious to see with the next solicits if some other books like GL or JL will tie to AC.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...887400452?s=21
    It was always going to be in Action. Way too big for a standalone mini
    There we go guess this was always the plan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...887400452?s=21

There we go guess this was always the plan.
    Hmm, it feels as "event" he meant the new direction and not some story like Joker War that last 6 issues max.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So I figure action comics will likely start double shipping when this event starts, like how Batman is currently double shipping for fear state. I wonder if this event won't end until december, for a typical 6 issue storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So I figure action comics will likely start double shipping when this event starts, like how Batman is currently double shipping for fear state. I wonder if this event won't end until december, for a typical 6 issue storyline.
    There’s a chance but I hope not. Sampere’s art is so good and I’d love to see him draw the entire storyline. If they chose a good alternate artist though, I guess I could deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hmm, it feels as "event" he meant the new direction and not some story like Joker War that last 6 issues max.
    Yeah I am assuming that we got to start looking at big stories in two ways, Crises and Events. Events are big new direction character-based stories that may have its own mini-series or may just take place in the standard book where as Crises are big multiverse related stories that effect the DC universe as a whole and will no doubt have a separate mini-series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

There’s a chance but I hope not. Sampere’s art is so good and I’d love to see him draw the entire storyline. If they chose a good alternate artist though, I guess I could deal with it.
    Mikel Janin is supposed to be the artist for the event, isn’t he? I hope he stays on art for all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Mikel Janin is supposed to be the artist for the event, isn’t he? I hope he stays on art for all of it.
    Yeah, Mikel was always coming back to work on the book. Though I hope Sampere manages to keep working in the superman line in some capacity.

Janin would absolutely be a good alternate artist if Bellarie is coloring him, thanks for reminding me he’s the supposed artist for this upcoming story. Since he’s doing both Superman & the Authority and this upcoming story with PKJ, wonder if Clark will start to show some graying at the temples in Action?

Janin would absolutely be a good alternate artist if Bellarie is coloring him, thanks for reminding me he’s the supposed artist for this upcoming story. Since he’s doing both Superman & the Authority and this upcoming story with PKJ, wonder if Clark will start to show some graying at the temples in Action?
    That'd be interesting..honestly I do wonder how this story unfold since it looks like Clark will leave lois and jon before the event even starts, which I thought would have been the climax and not the prelude.

Johnson’s Superman wraps up today and it was ok. There’s hints that there are more Shadowbreed out there so perhaps they’ll have a role to play in Action, but otherwise beyond setting up Jon having better control over his powers, this story ended up being filler. Leaves me puzzled as to why they didn’t just have Taylor write a three issue filler arc to set up Jon.

Action Comics meanwhile continues to be awesome! We get to see Superman fighting kaiju (and the first hint towards what’s to come with the new S-shield appearing?), Clark determined to go to Warworld to free the other slaves, America and Atlantis on the brink of war (again!), and a hint towards the nature of the event I believe? This “Necropolis”, and the threat the voice speaks of, maybe that’s the big event that’s coming soon? Is it also manipulating Mongul to put him and Supes against each other? I’m excited to learn more!

Yeah I think Action Comics really nails Clark as a character, especially the scene where he understands it could be a trap but he doesn’t care because it might mean saving people.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.