Page 83 of 376 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    First Look: Superman's New Creative Team Makes Their Debut

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...es-their-debut
    Feels kind of like I'm reading a book where the titular hero is a supporting character in their own book, while New 52 Superman...I mean, Jon is the main focal point.

Of course it's only the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hester is hit or miss on some characters. His Green Arrow was excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Feels very DCAU-esque design-wise which I don’t mind. The writing may not have been to my liking all the time but the design work was always pretty solid.
    Hmm, yeah Clark looks fine and but kind of gave me vibes of some of those Taylor digital series where the art could look rather quickly and cheaply done at points.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels kind of like I'm reading a book where the titular hero is a supporting character in their own book, while New 52 Superman...I mean, Jon is the main focal point.

New52 superman is my superman.Far less jesus thing and him being like people's dad.The other dude was flat out boring.i atleast tried it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    New52 superman is my superman.Far less jesus thing and him being like people's dad.The other dude was flat out boring.i atleast tried it.
    There was that time he lectured Jimmy for playing a video game ran by Mongul...

There was that time he lectured Jimmy for playing a video game ran by Mongul...
    I said far less.not, nonexistent.Unless I am writing superman or Siegel.(Man of action and all that jazz).Superman would be lecturing people.it's ingrained into culture which surrounds the character

I said far less.not, nonexistent.Unless I am writing superman or Siegel.(Man of action and all that jazz).Superman would be lecturing people.it's ingrained into culture which surrounds the character
    Superman's Superman to me .

Superman's Superman to me .
    Yeah!but the lecturing make him a class monitor. Way too much Clark Kent with glasses.Pardon me,but some kids are gonna be naughty.lol!

Yeah!but the lecturing make him a class monitor. Way too much Clark Kent with glasses.Pardon me,but some kids are gonna be naughty.lol!
    Tenya's awesome though .

Tenya's awesome though .
    Meh! i prefer allmight for being a champion that he is(i would have prefered him as protagonist) and Kirishima.The red riot is as unbreakable as steel.
    I like passionate individuals with a firey and over the top personality.
    Although,i have to admit.i love it when bakugou goes full-
    Die!Die!Die!Damn germs!!
    brushes teeth.

To be fair, was that not the status quo during Tomasi's run? Jon and Clark as the co leads of the book? If anything this is just a return to form with an older Jon. Like the Superman Rebirth era, you can always get your more Clark focused stories in Action Comics too.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    To be fair, was that not the status quo during Tomasi's run? Jon and Clark as the co leads of the book? If anything this is just a return to form with an older Jon. Like the Superman Rebirth era, you can always get your more Clark focused stories in Action Comics too.
    Many people didn't like that.For them,these books are about clark kent and him only.And maybe lois,when lois and clois fans get mad at her lack of panel time. On the flipside,i would love to see action comics be the anthology book it was.Superman can have superman book.Action comics was about action characters.Give back a section to zatanna,vigilante,...etc

Many people didn't like that.For them,these books are about clark kent and him only.And maybe lois,when lois and clois fans get mad at her lack of panel time. On the flipside,i would love to see action comics be the anthology book it was.Superman can have superman book.Action comics was about action characters.Give back a section to zatanna,vigilante,...etc
    While a lot of people didn't like it, A lot more apparently did considering that era is regarded as the best Supes had been in over a 5 years. I'd say as many people would like it now too, if Jon was a 10 year old, personally don't care, more neutral on Jon and his introduction than most anyway. I guess the big reason Action Comics isn't a anthology is because well, Superman was just the biggest draw, the main attraction if you will. While those other characters certainly are great and all, Superman at the end of the day is just bigger. Same with Batman in Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    While a lot of people didn't like it, A lot more apparently did considering that era is regarded as the best Supes had been in over a 5 years. I'd say as many people would like it now too, if Jon was a 10 year old, personally don't care, more neutral on Jon and his introduction than most anyway. I guess the big reason Action Comics isn't a anthology is because well, Superman was just the biggest draw, the main attraction if you will. While those other characters certainly are great and all, Superman at the end of the day is just bigger. Same with Batman in Detective Comics.
    Meh! Superman isn't exactly about action anymore.Even if he was,there was variety when it was anthology.Zatana is magician,so no punching.Vigilante is rootin tootin guy.Superman is straight up fights and action with fist.so on and so forth.But,I get it.Market rules,right.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-07-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Hester is a very competent artist, but his style isn't my cup of tea for the book.
    I just can't see this look and direction injecting new life into the title. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hester is a very competent artist, but his style isn't my cup of tea for the book.
    I just can't see this look and direction injecting new life into the title. I hope I'm wrong.
    Well I don't think he's supposed to be the ongoing artist if that's what you're worried about. Daniel Sampere will be on Action Comics and Scott Godlewski on Superman, after this 2 part story between AC and Superman is finished.