Page 148 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    There is evidence that they are going to give her the “Wonder Woman” moniker despite Diana being back
    What evidence? They are definitely going to keep Diana as Wonder Woman for the time being. She will only be replaced if Diana absolutely tanks while Yara Flor doesn't, which hasn't happened yet.

If Wonder family can have multiple titles in rotation for once in her history there's no reason for them to just replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I doubt Batman will be cancelled and given to Jace and Ridley. Yara is doing really well judging by the 2nd issue.

I'm sure I said it already elsewhere, but I think DC has a beginning, middle and end planned for this status quo (2 years max?) and they'll keep it going no matter sales or reception.
    I think that Yara's "prospects" might get derailed due to her issues getting delayed.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah that’s about what Superman sells normally these days. Shows how dumb DC is that they had PKJ writing filler on the book more people were reading though. Hope some of those people reading Superman check out Action since it’s been the better book from the start and it’s where we can get Clark.
    Even though DC hasn’t been making the best use of PKJ, it’s great to see his success over at Marvel with Alien and Extreme Carnage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Even though DC hasn’t been making the best use of PKJ, it’s great to see his success over at Marvel with Alien and Extreme Carnage.
    I mean, DC put him on Action Comics. I'd say that's a more prestigious gig than those Marvel titles.

It's just that Bendis put Supes in such a bad place when he left that the fans are not responding as of now to PKJ's story.

Wonder if Janin will be on Action in the Nov solicits? He was supposed to be drawing the Warworld Saga but he hasn’t made the switch yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Wonder family can have multiple titles in rotation for once in her history there's no reason for them to just replace her.
    I don’t see them taking Diana’s book away, I moreso see a “Yara Flor: WW” book like Jace’s I Am Batman and Jon’s Superman: Son of Kal-El.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Solicits tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing what’s next in Action.

Also PKJ retweeted a tweet from the colorist he worked with on FS: House of El saying they will definitely come back to that time period again: https://twitter.com/gabeeltaeb/statu...593844225?s=21

And he apparently has another DC book in the works although I don’t know if it’s Superman related or not: https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...811137544?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Solicits tomorrow!
    Confirmed?

As in Friday tomorrow, or Saturday tomorrow?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Confirmed?

As in Friday tomorrow, or Saturday tomorrow?
    Yep should be out this Fri (aka today): https://twitter.com/newsarama/status...809671168?s=21

Nice! Any week we don't get any Superman book, I'm always hoping we get some solicitations to chew on in the meantime.

Hickman may not be too pleased with what solicitations and previews have become (and on a fundamental level I can agree or at least see his point) but I'd be lying if I said I didn't look forward to them nearly as much as the issues themselves.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I like the solicits even when the spoil stuff , it gives us stuff to speculate about, and if they really want to keep it a secret they can always either lie, keep the solicits obscure like Hickman did for X-Men, or just keep them “classified” as Scott Snyder’s Batman Endgame was.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

And he apparently has another DC book in the works although I don’t know if it’s Superman related or not: https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...811137544?s=21
    Likely another project like his The Last God.

Extraordinary Member

ACTION COMICS #1037
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON and SHAWN ALDRIDGE
    Art by MIGUEL MENDONCA and ADRIANA MELO
    Cover by DANIEL SAMPERE
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 | 40 PGS | $5.99 US Variant (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/23/21

The Warworld Saga, Part II, and THE FACE-OFF YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR! SUPERMAN AND THE AUTHORITY finally face MONGUL and his champions head-on! The fates of Warworld and all who live under Mongul’s rule hang in the balance…but He Who Holds All Chains is better prepared than Superman knows. Not everyone walks away from this one!

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: AUTHORITY SPECIAL #1
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE, JONATHAN GLAPION, and BEN TEMPLESMITH
    Cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES
    Variant cover by JEEHYUNG LEE
    $6.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/2/21

Following Mongul’s brazen attack on Earth, Superman’s world has been turned upside down: conflict between Atlantis and the surface world, the discovery of an immensely powerful new element, dead refugees with mysterious ties to Krypton, and expulsion from the Justice League! When Superman re-forms the experimental, antiestablishment Authority to join him in liberating Warworld, Batman comes to them with a request: join him for one unorthodox, off-the-books mission first, one he could never ask the Justice League to be a part of…and one he doesn’t expect everyone to come back from.

So Clark's keeping the gray hair and going back to the classic suit? Interesting. I guess it's an effort to make him continue to look like the older Superman of the two?

Still hard to say anything about this run when I don't understand how the connective tissue works yet, but it all looks cool!

Spectacular Member

I guess the special is 50% mission, 50% bruce "probing" to see what kind of team clark assembled.