Page 161 of 375 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I’m really going to miss Sampere and Lucas delivering us some of the most beautiful and cinematic art of Superman on the comic pages.
    Lucas is sticking around though it looks like.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So then I was off about my theory that Thao-La would be staying on Earth, huh?

But paying a bit more attention to what PKJ said before seems to imply that they idea is for her and Clark to create a father/daughter bond while on Warworld.

That's likely why PKJ has consistently said that even though Clark's on Warworld he'll still find ways to write him as a father. Then of course there's Lois paralleling her and Jon as children of Clark by giving her Jon's old toy that Clark made for him. And it would be more compelling for Clark to have to build that relationship with someone he's training, so that's likely why she didn't take to Clark as fast as she took to Lois.

PKJ may even use the unused dynamic he originally planned for Jon and Clark where Jon would be sort of moody with Clark.

Also didn't expect us to get a full on chain break from Thao-La so early, but it looked great.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I always thought it was a bit of a stretch that Thao would be debuting under PKJ and then Taylor would be taking her. For one he didn’t create her and for two, having another young heroine “find herself” would distract from Jon. Thao being Clark’s companion on Warworld makes sense, and I’d wager she will be what keeps it from being a “white savior” story because she will prove key to Clark’s ultimate victory.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I don't think she'll go to Warworld with them. Solicits don't mention her, covers don't show her, and I can't imagine Mongul not killing her in the first fight, since Superman and his allies are supposed to lose. I think the idea that she somehow ended up comatose was on the money. Which would put this closer to that "white savior" story we're all dreading this might end up being.

But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

I had the coma theory, but suppose she's in a coma yet still taken back to Warworld? Then when she wakes up well after Clark and his team get their ass handed to them, it's like a second wind. This is a person who knows the culture and people, and through her proven strength can rally the fighters in a way that Clark can't.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I hope that he is a part of the fight, but that he does not become the leader and the center of it. I do not want a story of Superman being defeated so that another comes to save him and teach him how to be a hero or a leader.

I doubt she'll lead Clark's team, but given the very specific situation of Thao being a former slave who has now found her own power and confidence to break free, I'd much rather she lead her people to freedom, yes.

But I'd want it to be with Clark as an example and inspiration through his actions and determination. But Clark would still be the center of the story because clearly the enslaved people are only just one aspect of a greater story that involves a sleeping god and Clark likely facing off with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I doubt she'll lead Clark's team, but given the very specific situation of Thao being a former slave who has now found her own power and confidence to break free, I'd much rather she lead her people to freedom, yes.

But I'd want it to be with Clark as an example and inspiration through his actions and determination. But Clark would still be the center of the story because clearly the enslaved people are only just one aspect of a greater story that involves a sleeping god and Clark likely facing off with it.
    What I don't want is another doomsday clock, a lot of protagonist superman, a lot of superman in the center of everything, but everything was about the icon superman, nothing was seen of the character, my fear is that superman in this story serves only as inspiration.

Pretty sure they’ll be teaming up. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mongul kills her and brings her back in an attempt to rebreak her again, and as an example to Clark. But she’s an obvious choice to be Clark’s guide on Warworld. If she acts as the leader of the slave rebellion, with Clark being the muscle and one who convinces the rest it can be done, that helps the Phaolosians take their fate in their own hands rather than just having Clark free them.

Incredible Member

The intellectual side of me that knows "Superman and Lois fly together and dance/kiss" is a cliche that's most likely used as a shortcut to get fans of the marriage to cheer without having to devote much time to their relationship vs the emotional side of me that still gets hyped up every time it happens and is awestruck by the beauty of those images.

The horny side of me gets a kick out of the two being members of the mile high club . Writers being open that yes, the heroes use their powers to enhance the sex is funny to me because of course they would.

So Thao is in a coma or healing tank or whatever. Hmm maybe she’ll be used by PKJ for the Warworld Saga down the road? Don’t know if she has her own way of getting to Warworld. Otherwise pretty solid finale to the build up. Clark throws down the gauntlet to Mongul, he and Jon get to say good bye (looks like Jon is absolutely joining the League at some point even if he’s not a fan of working with Bruce), and the Genesis fragment is clearly going to come back and bite Clark in the ass at some point. It’s already got him off the League because of all the governments he angered. Also it looks like the final issue of Superman & the Authority is going to either temporarily boost Clark’s power levels for a bit, or he’s already using the Authority somehow to compensate given this issue shows pretty clearly that yes, S&tA is in continuity.

Next up is the main event on Warworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The horny side of me gets a kick out of the two being members of the mile high club . Writers being open that yes, the heroes use their powers to enhance the sex is funny to me because of course they would.
    Move over rooftop sex, here comes sky sex!

Okay I will admit that as much as I like this run, it did feel a bit weird to see the Authority already ready to go. I'm okay with it because I don't need to see a team building since that what the miniseries is for and don't need a repeat but its weird since I feel maybe there should have been some kind of time gap.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.