Page 125 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Love this

Philip Kennedy and Taylor decided to continue bendis’s status quo

Now they are going to pay for it

Love when doubling down on failure is properly awarded
    You don’t understand how DC works. The editors are the ones who want Jon to take over the mantle, the writers have to work within the confines of what the editors want/allow. And it’s DC as a whole which is struggling right now, so it’s not Superman specific.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which sucks because it’s really good. This is the strongest the DC lineup as a whole has felt since the start of Rebirth. The Batverse is doing fantastic, Action Comics and Wonder Woman are both good, Wally’s return to the title in Flash is fantastic, overall the lineup is doing great! But there’s no momentum it feels like outside of Batman. PKJ in particular got screwed over by DC’s boneheaded decision to have him write filler in the “main” Superman book while his actual long term plans over in Action. They should’ve had Taylor write filler in Superman, that’s what he loves to do anyway and he could’ve used the three parter to set up his Jon Kent Superman run.
    There's no new readers entry as most of the books are continuing from the previous storylines with the same numbering.

There must be a big relaunch coming at some point, or else the sales numbers must be doing better than Comicron would lead us to think. DC has pulled out of Diamond so the numbers aren’t very accurate anymore, but I guess we’ll see just how accurate they are soon enough if DC starts cancelling stuff.
    It seems the books will relaunched one by one (like SM is replaced by SoK). And in late 2021/early 2022, we should be fully into the "5G" era of replacements. Bendis' JL book will be relaunched when the new League of teens will be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There's no new readers entry as most of the books are continuing from the previous storylines with the same numbering.

It seems the books will relaunched one by one (like SM is replaced by SoK). And in late 2021/early 2022, we should be fully into the "5G" era of replacements. Bendis' JL book will be relaunched when the new League of teens will be complete.
    I wonder if they’ll relaunch Tec and Action? Relaunching after 1050 for each feels like a good idea.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I wonder how much copium this thread is going to take when son of Kal-el is cancelled after 8 issues

“But...Taylor’s brand”

It doesn’t matter to me if DC in general is struggling...all that matters is that Superman struggles more than others

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    I wonder how much copium this thread is going to take when son of Kal-el is cancelled after 8 issues

“But...Taylor’s brand”
    God you are so annoying. The ignore button it is.

Wasn't it supposed to going to be cancelled after 12 issues? lol

I wonder if they’ll relaunch Tec and Action? Relaunching after 1050 for each feels like a good idea.
    SM was reaching the 850th issue (#39, I think) and we'll get SoK instead.

#1050 is like in another 1,5 year? They could relaunch AC after PKJ's "event" and the new status quo for Clark will begin.

There must be a big relaunch coming at some point, or else the sales numbers must be doing better than Comicron would lead us to think. DC has pulled out of Diamond so the numbers aren’t very accurate anymore, but I guess we’ll see just how accurate they are soon enough if DC starts cancelling stuff.
    There's no indication that the formula they are using to calculate the DCBS/DC sales is accurate at all. So really the sales are completely unknown at this point. Plus the way DC has been going, a lot of miniseries, I just don't think monthly sales really matter all that much. They want to publish Action to keep it going they will. 30K vs 60K sales don't matter long run.

Wasn't it supposed to going to be cancelled after 12 issues? lol

SM was reaching the 850th issue (#39, I think) and we'll get SoK instead.

#1050 is like in another 1,5 year? They could relaunch AC after PKJ's "event" and the new status quo for Clark will begin.
    That does feel like a good time for a new number 1. If they’re doing this event solely within Action now, I wonder if that’s changed their plans elsewhere? I was really hoping for a John Henry Irons mini to spin out of the event, but I’m guessing that’s not likely to happen now. I hope he’ll show up in the story still.

That does feel like a good time for a new number 1. If they’re doing this event solely within Action now, I wonder if that’s changed their plans elsewhere? I was really hoping for a John Henry Irons mini to spin out of the event, but I’m guessing that’s not likely to happen now. I hope he’ll show up in the story still.
    The original event was supposed to be a separate mini with some SM book tied into it? If now it's just on AC, it's an arc and not an event anymore.

The original event was supposed to be a separate mini with some SM book tied into it? If now it's just on AC, it's an arc and not an event anymore.
    Isn’t Fear State an event just taking place in Batman?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm not sure why we even needed Superman filler in the first place regardless of who was writing it. Maybe title should have been axed after Future State and more attention would have gone to Action and then they'd have done relaunch with Jon like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There's no indication that the formula they are using to calculate the DCBS/DC sales is accurate at all. So really the sales are completely unknown at this point. Plus the way DC has been going, a lot of miniseries, I just don't think monthly sales really matter all that much. They want to publish Action to keep it going they will. 30K vs 60K sales don't matter long run.
    Yeah, for all we know Action's numbers are good enough for PKJ to do his lengthy run. My point was more about the standing of Action in general. DC is doing things like Fear State because Batman title is selling very well and attracting lots of attention. Infinite Frontier is also not coming out of nowhere, it is kinda spinning out of major event book Death Metal or whatever it was called. So in other words DC is not going to launch a major event and marketing campaign out of a title like Action that is trailing way behind other DC's titles. If Jon's title does well then I could see Superman events launching from it.

Incredible Member

There must be some sort of plan for John, considering Natasha's in Superman & the Authority. Whether that's a book, more appearences or something else, I have no idea. I hope for a mini, considering DC's going to release a ton of those and after the Authority is over we'd be going from 3 Superman minis (Red & Blue, Authority, Supergirl) to just one.

Though it's more likely Superman & the Authority would just lead to an Authority book without Superman.

As for PKJ, here's hoping he gets to write the cosmic sotryline he's been hyping up before DC pulls the plug as they tend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Fear State takes place across most of BM related books.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah but Batman is the highest selling title DC has, and individual issues have sold as well as regular events do. Batman is the one title where every story is an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    There must be some sort of plan for John, considering Natasha's in Superman & the Authority. Whether that's a book, more appearences or something else, I have no idea. I hope for a mini, considering DC's going to release a ton of those and after the Authority is over we'd be going from 3 Superman minis (Red & Blue, Authority, Supergirl) to just one.
    You forgot Superman vs Lobo.