Page 195 of 376 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5626
    Incredible Member

I'll do what I've been doing for years now and ignore anything that is going on in Justice League or event comics. I don't care about that, much less when it's such a blatantly obvious cash grab like this (most of the people hinted to be dying in those covers had perfectly reasonable motives in their solo books for disappearing while the new generation took over, no need for this thing).

Really, PKJ will probably deal with this with a simple "oh, this story happens before those events" note, and by the time he catches up after Warworld and the multiversal arc he has planned, there'll have been another event comic to bring the old JL back to life. No harm done to Clark, or to the continuity of Action Comics. No need for this in Son of Kal-El, either, since Jon already was dealing with his father being gone.

But a lot of harm done to Diana (they just took out all the hype the audience might have had for the first WW-event in ages) and specially John Stewart (last time I checked he wasn't even in the JL, that was Hal, and now they bring him in just to kill him while Hal gets to be in the front and center of that cover). I hear the Stewart fans are already ripping this to shreds, and they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    But a lot of harm done to Diana (they just took out all the hype the audience might have had for the first WW-event in ages) and specially John Stewart (last time I checked he wasn't even in the JL, that was Hal, and now they bring him in just to kill him while Hal gets to be in the front and center of that cover). I hear the Stewart fans are already ripping this to shreds, and they should.
    Aquaman also just got a solo book again, although I guess now it'll just be a book about Jackson Hyde?

So yeah, Superman's definitely dying again. Only thing we didn't get is that all his peers are probably going down with him.

PKJ telling people not to worry is probably because its something that will be reversed when the Crisis hits in what's looking like 2022. But I don't trust that to fix anything, so yeah. If they prove me wrong, show they really are creative with something really awesome up their sleeves, I'll own it then but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2022 at 12:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

On the one hand, that article does look pretty ominous, particularly the coffin variant (but then again, it is a variant). But it also does smack a little of a headline/cash grab.

On the other hand, PKJ is saying emphatically, "Fear not!"

cd307613-0636-4abf-bcd6-1a47e5fac9cb_text.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

If Johnson were a talent with any real creative control within the company I'd probably be more willing to trust him. I truly feel he cares about Superman. But he doesn't have any real power. He's standing by his company here and I don't admonish that, just saying its hard for it to really be comforting since in the end he's not making the big decisions, and its those larger decisions and decision makers that I have the most distrust in.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I trusted him when it came to making Superman and the Authority work, then I can trust him on this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I thought that superman had 80 years of history, that writers are paid to create new stories, it is clear that I was wrong. superman is only a few months old and writers get paid to write the same thing over and over again. As for the one who will come back to tell everyone what happened with the JL, unless I've lost something, it's batman. basically it was like that. batman- try to save those useless but even someone as smart, handsome, perfect as me can't save them, they're pathetic, but don't worry Batdaddy is here, lois where are you, go to bed now.

It's amazing that a forum of veteran comic readers still fall for this type of obvious hype and misdirection. This is going to be some kind of pocket story that won't get referenced in 99% of the other titles and won't impact the plans for PKJ or anyone else. At most, I could see it being set after the War World story wraps up in some nebulous way like the books didn't pay attention to Metal or Doomsday Clock.

If you believe otherwise I have a stack of polybagged Death of Superman books that you should definitely buy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's amazing that a forum of veteran comic readers still fall for this type of obvious hype and misdirection. This is going to be some kind of pocket story that won't get referenced in 99% of the other titles and won't impact the plans for PKJ or anyone else. At most, I could see it being set after the War World story wraps up in some nebulous way like the books didn't pay attention to Metal or Doomsday Clock.

If you believe otherwise I have a stack of polybagged Death of Superman books that you should definitely buy from me.
    People here are very gullible. Sad to realize but it’s true. I’d put major money down that Clark will end up in the same pocket dimension that Barry is currently trapped in and PKJ Action will continue along like nothing is happening same as Bendis did when Death Metal hit. So he won’t even be “dead”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People here are very gullible. Sad to realize but it’s true. I’d put major money down that Clark will end up in the same pocket dimension that Barry is currently trapped in and PKJ Action will continue along like nothing is happening same as Bendis did when Death Metal hit. So he won’t even be “dead”.
    Exactly. They are literally hyping Trial of the Amazon's with Diana front and center concurrently with this announcement. This isn't going to derail anything for PKJ.

This does undermine PKJ's run even if it turns out to be a copout. The shock value of Mongul-Who-Is humiliating and killing Superman is basically undermined by Williamson's attempt at a Grant Morrison/Scott Snyder style dark cosmic threat that kills the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    This does undermine PKJ's run even if it turns out to be a copout. The shock value of Mongul-Who-Is humiliating and killing Superman is basically undermined by Williamson's attempt at a Grant Morrison/Scott Snyder style dark cosmic threat that kills the Justice League.
    We've already seen him "kill" and resurrect Superman multiple times between Action and Future State. There seems to be no permanent death on WarWorld if Mongul wants you brought back. Resurrection has been built into the premise since the beginning and they've already teased Lightray coming back.

I'm not falling for the hype and misdirection, nor am I gullible. If they die for real, they'll be back by the reset in the upcoming Crisis. If they're not actually dead, it'll be some symbolic deal where they're off the table for a while regardless (legitimately thought dead while just off the grid, all depowered or maimed, etc.) That's not the point. Its the fact they're doing it at all to push their crap new characters to the forefront for a while, something we've known was likely coming since Future State. That's the dumb, creatively bankrupt idea I'm railing against, alongside the tired idea "Death" gimmick altogether, whether its literal or otherwise. Its not any belief that Superman and the others will actually stay dead if they really do categorically die in the narrative.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2022 at 10:06 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They are just wasting time with all the death..These guys(dc) needs power ranger like makeover..if they want new characters..Start a damn new season.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/