Page 123 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 5625
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm one of those fans who just generally loves Jon, but I do prefer when he was a cheerful kid because there's a dearth of those in the DCU right now and I prefer Clark as Superman.

I never wanted him to be a child forever, I'd be fine if he was a teen in ten years or something (and dragged the Batbrat along with him) but we just didn't get there in a manner that was fun or particularly interesting.

Jon in the Legion? I love that idea! I like that all the Els went to the future like some summer camp in their teen years and that was their Summer of, well, maybe love but definitely adventure. But throwing out Clark's history with them sucks big time.

The biggest problem with Jon wasn't the age up, it's that everyone's narrative had to shift to give him something. Rather than use the age up to tell his story, they used it to retell other people's stories with Jon in that spot. I think that's the biggest problem. You guys who didn't like the age up, I don't know if all of you would have been swayed but I feel many would had they gone and did unique things with Jon that made the trade worthwhile.

As it is, I like the kid a lot, but I do feel there's a mountain of missed opportunities in how we got to where we are.
    These missed opportunities can be traced to bendis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean...that is true. I've definitely seen some of that. But, as you can see from this thread alone, there are also people who are either genuinely fond of or even prefer teen Jon, or just fond of Jon enough to not care what age he is.

Honestly I kinda envy the latter. I love the character but I'm willing to admit that part of the reason was because of how unique it was to have a hero his age. The age shouldn't be a deal breaker when you really love a character but...it is lol

So yeah. I hate this. And I'm probably always gonna hate it. And I'm probably always gonna bitch about it. But I can't get mad at the folks who are on board.

Honestly, I would have been okay if they aged him up but like...not as drastically. I'd have accepted like 13-14. Like Damian's age. Something where being older matters but he's still kind of a kid. But this was just too sudden and too dramatic for me to get behind.
    Legion sales speak for themselves

They were so shitty that legion has fallen off the face of the earth

While super sons has TWO miniseries post-cancellation with a possible third on the way

That is telling

If legion could not succeed? How exactly will son of Kal-el make it pass issue 12?
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-14-2021 at 02:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. The LoSH didn't sell well enough because of poozers like you who never gave it a chance.

And keep telling yourself that kid Jon was ever popular. He wasn't. Supersons sold because it aped Damian's popularity and it did so by ruining the Son of Batman to prop up kid Jon, because it was the only way this version of the character could ever sell even a little.

Justice League with Jon as Superman will keep selling well enough.

I cannot wait to watch bendis’s justice league suffer the same declining sales as his pathetic Superman run did

Bendis might be the writer to sink justice league and turn it into a low selling title...just like he wiped out the gains of rebirth

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God I can’t wait for Taylor’s Superman series to launch so all the complaining about Jon can move over to the SSOKE thread. It will serve as a nice compliment to me no doubt complaining about everything else Taylor does, and free up this thread to actually be about what Clark is doing.
    Just keep ignoring people that constantly post about deaging Jon, I feel like anyone still saying that don't actually even read the books and just come hear to complain for some reason.

Incredible Member

If I thought making a thread about de-aging Jon or whatever would free this thread from that talk, I would. But it's really only one poster making all the complains constantly (everyone else who hates Teen Jon has understandably moved on from discussion on the ongoings), and I don't think they'd stop, if such a thread existed, so I'll just take the "ignore the person constantly hijacking the thread" route. And that's all I'll say about the subject.

Moving on, I do think sales are going to improve at least temporarily in the coming months, between Grant Morrison returning to writing Superman, current fan-favorite Tom Taylor taking over Superman (and it being a new #1, and it being the in-continuity debut of a Superman successor), and the controversial-but-high-selling Tom King writing Supergirl. Hopefully the September event manages to keep those new readers.

And I do wonder what that September event is. From current comics I'd guess either about dealing with an Atlantean vs Surface World conflict or a Warworld conflict, but from interviews before the run started, it's supposed to involve the multiverse in some manner, of which there's been no hint so far. Is it an Infinite Frontier tie-in? Something with the Suicide Squad, given that does deal with the multiverse, Kon is involved with them and Waller appeared in the first issue of the run? The Brainiac attack described in FS Superman of Metropolis, since it'd be a call-back (call-forward?) to Brain Cells scanning time and space for counterparts of Clark and Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just keep ignoring people that constantly post about deaging Jon, I feel like anyone still saying that don't actually even read the books and just come hear to complain for some reason.
    I actually started posting here because I wanted to find point of views counter to mine and I was successful. I didn't want to live in a kid Jon echo chamber. I wanted to see arguments and support in favor of the age up because my usual places were consistently and universally against it that I knew there had to be someone that liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Can't speak for everyone else, but everything gets my usual "three or four issue" chance, and these books are no exception. So I've been reading...my mind just hasn't been changed xD
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-14-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    If I thought making a thread about de-aging Jon or whatever would free this thread from that talk, I would. But it's really only one poster making all the complains constantly (everyone else who hates Teen Jon has understandably moved on from discussion on the ongoings), and I don't think they'd stop, if such a thread existed, so I'll just take the "ignore the person constantly hijacking the thread" route. And that's all I'll say about the subject.

Moving on, I do think sales are going to improve at least temporarily in the coming months, between Grant Morrison returning to writing Superman, current fan-favorite Tom Taylor taking over Superman (and it being a new #1, and it being the in-continuity debut of a Superman successor), and the controversial-but-high-selling Tom King writing Supergirl. Hopefully the September event manages to keep those new readers.

And I do wonder what that September event is. From current comics I'd guess either about dealing with an Atlantean vs Surface World conflict or a Warworld conflict, but from interviews before the run started, it's supposed to involve the multiverse in some manner, of which there's been no hint so far. Is it an Infinite Frontier tie-in? Something with the Suicide Squad, given that does deal with the multiverse, Kon is involved with them and Waller appeared in the first issue of the run? The Brainiac attack described in FS Superman of Metropolis, since it'd be a call-back (call-forward?) to Brain Cells scanning time and space for counterparts of Clark and Jon?
    It must be tied to Warworld, Superman & the Authority, and probably specifically that “Source” energy we saw in the last Action issue. Don’t know how though. Really excited to get Sept solicits though which is where we’ll no doubt get out first look at the event. I’m curious if Taylor will be tying in to the event given his series will have only just started.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman out of the JL in Sept:

ACTION COMICS #1035

Writers: PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON and SEAN LEWIS
    Artists: DANIEL SAMPERE and SAMI BASRI
    Cover: DANIEL SAMPERE
    Variant Cover: JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/28/21

Superman keeps the abandoned Warworld weapon out of the hands of anyone who might misuse it. But now the Justice League questions his judgment. It’s time for Clark Kent to put up or shut up. In “Tales of Metropolis,” the Guardian comes to the city. Is this another step toward Future State?

Source: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...eptember-2021/

I mean it definitely explains more of why he choose the Authority the way he did.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

JL: "Superman, we're concerned about how you handled the Warworld/Atlantis crisis and how you decided to keep the Source item. Please give it back."
    Superman: "No."
    JL: "If you don't, it could put the League and your reputation into very delicate spot."
    Superman: "I quit."
    JL: "Wait what"
    Superman: "Hey Chester, do you want to form a team of hardcore heroes?"
    Manchester Black: "Sure why not."

I’ve thought of three reasons why the planned Sept Superevent is not in the solicits.
    1. PKJ’s injury pushed everything back a month or more
    2. DC decided they didn’t want to do a Superman event while Fear State and Infinite Frontier were occurring
    3. They cancelled the event

Personally I think as of right now it’s option 2 but I do hope we get some clarification soon. This event seemed to be the big kickoff for the new status quo for the Superfamily, I want to know what it is and if it’s still happening.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve thought of three reasons why the planned Sept Superevent is not in the solicits.
    1. PKJ’s injury pushed everything back a month or more
    2. DC decided they didn’t want to do a Superman event while Fear State and Infinite Frontier were occurring
    3. They cancelled the event

Personally I think as of right now it’s option 2 but I do hope we get some clarification soon. This event seemed to be the big kickoff for the new status quo for the Superfamily, I want to know what it is and if it’s still happening.
    4. This is all a shared hallucination and the solicits haven't actually dropped yet.

Probably unlikely though.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman out of the JL in Sept:

ACTION COMICS #1035

Writers: PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON and SEAN LEWIS
    Artists: DANIEL SAMPERE and SAMI BASRI
    Cover: DANIEL SAMPERE
    Variant Cover: JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/28/21

Superman keeps the abandoned Warworld weapon out of the hands of anyone who might misuse it. But now the Justice League questions his judgment. It’s time for Clark Kent to put up or shut up. In “Tales of Metropolis,” the Guardian comes to the city. Is this another step toward Future State?

Source: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...eptember-2021/
    YES!!! Finally!

Superman is out of the JL! That's mean at least 60% less jobbing. They can always bring him back for special ocasions, but the character will get some rest.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1032 Preview
    Writer: Phillip K. Johnson
    Artist: Daniel Sampere
    Backup Writers: Becky Cloonan, Michael Conrad
    Backup Artist: Michael Avon Oeming