Page 184 of 375 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Why'd you bring up Jace? I'm talking about Bruce. Y'know, the supergenius Batman who actually has feats.
    Because Jace is the real Batman? Haven’t you read Future State? Jace says he’s the real Batman there. Get with the times grandpa.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because Jace is the real Batman? Haven’t you read Future State? Jace says he’s the real Batman there. Get with the times grandpa.
    People read his books?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I didn't even pick up Man Who Fell because PKJ continued what Bendis had started. And I feel kinda bad about it now? Either way I'm waiting for Warworld Rising trade now and after that I'll likely try to catch up with singles.
    Hope you dig it man, it’s the most excited I’ve been to read a new issue of Action every month since Morrison’s time on the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Guess I was right, Warworld was under red sun radiation,
    interesting that Mongul also has Kryptonite spear and the monster from other dimension,
    maybe PKJ will address the whole “Kryptonite is the biggest lie” thing from Morrison’s Authority.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1037 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Miguel Mendonca
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1037 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Miguel Mendonca
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Backups featuring Martian Manhunter? Wow. A backup I'm actually interested in reading? What's going on here? Did someone at DC realize that giving backup features to fan favorites who can't carry a solo book is a smarter plan than inflating the page count and price tag with D-listers no one was asking for?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Backups featuring Martian Manhunter? Wow. A backup I'm actually interested in reading? What's going on here? Did someone at DC realize that giving backup features to fan favorites who can't carry a solo book is a smarter plan than inflating the page count and price tag with D-listers no one was asking for?
    Haven't the backups been featuring characters relevant to the run? I enjoyed the Midnighter one.

I love Martian Manhunter, but to a lot of people MM is D-List so why would he be more deserving than [insert an actual underserved DC character who doesn't keep getting mini/maxiseries that fail to sell].
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Haven't the backups been featuring characters relevant to the run? I enjoyed the Midnighter one.

I love Martian Manhunter, but to a lot of people MM is D-List so why would he be more deserving than [insert an actual underserved DC character who doesn't keep getting mini/maxiseries that fail to sell].
    The Midnighter backups weren't my cup of tea either, but, you're right, he was certainly relevant to the book given his role in Superman's team. The backups in Superman, though, seemed designed to appeal to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Never heard of Aldridge but I hope he does right by J’onn.

Damn Mendonca is bringing it.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Never heard of Aldridge but I hope he does right by J’onn.

Damn Mendonca is bringing it.
    Holy crap that looks solid. By all accounts he seems pretty pumped to be drawing Supes and to be a part of the Warwold saga in particular. Style matches up really well to not skip much of a beat.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Looks like the United Planets is getting more panel space:

And Mendonca posted some more art:

I felt it was kind of underhanded what Superman did to his team. Only two of them knew he was weakened and the others had it sprung on them when they were already on a Warworld.

It would be like a General leading soldiers into a horrible battlefield and than saying “hey, you know those guns I gave you? Well, they’re broken and falling apart. Good luck.”

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Welp. **** got real!

Yeah that went exactly as I expected it to, Clark and his team got absolutely wrecked. Now we’ll see if he’s dead and gets resurrected (setting up the rest of the team to be revived down the line) or merely wounded. Curious what the side plot with the United Planets is moving towards, why is that one rep opposed to saving the Phaelosians? Guessing we’ll get an answer once we learn their backstory.

Martian Manhunter backup was fine although J’onn’s dialogue was a little off. Glad to see the Human Flame back, don’t think we’ve seen him since Final Crisis.