Page 78 of 375 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 5625

Look if PKJ really wants to not do the world a favor and just do away with the dumpster fire of blah that Bendis created with Teen Jon the least he can do is erase the Saturn Girl relationship cause she's basic as **** and a creepy mind rapist, give him some actual personality, deferentiate him from Clark in some capacity, acknowledge the trauma that should be there, which it seems he plans to do, give this horrible mistake some value which Bendis failed to do after 2 years of nothing, by doing something productive with it then at the end of his run bring back real Jon boom win win for all!
    Last edited by Journey; 02-26-2021 at 08:49 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Part of that bit with the Red King is Clark being humble.

But here's the thing: the speed force isn't something as hard-coded as biological constraints. Jon's surpassing Clark as Superman can be okay, but if it's just AYY YO YER POWERS ARE STRONGER THAN PA AIN'T IT GRAND then Jon is a useless clone character. It sucked about Gohan and it sucks here.
    If that was it.then why does rest of the book feel like inheritors surpassing and becoming legends themselves.

What biological constraints?There is nothing hardcoded about being Kryptonian.why?the guy can shoot little versions of himself with a bit of sunlight.There is nothing sci-fi about superman or American superhero comics,only elements.it's a fantasy story.do you think realism applies here?it doesn't.the rules are set by the writer or the company.A guy doing hundred pushups(batman) beats gods.And regardless of what power escalation is part of genre.Why do you think superman got powerful? It's a problem writers have to deal with.Jon would beat superman even if he had toothpick powers.(ability to create toothpick).As said, people want a struggle and conflict that physical as well as emotional.In regards to legacy, it's way of giving something to look forward too for the reader.It's a payoff.Jon beating his father.This arc as started with Jon being in Clarks shadow.This is an actual way of controlling the power creep problem.hiw?there is an end goal which is malleable and can act as a limiter.Jon's powers will always be measured using Clark.Suppose Clark can lift 100 tons.Jon would be limited to with 101 tons.that too at his best.Also,said
    That they are hopefully on the right track with power ranger Jon,things like that to present his powers differently.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-26-2021 at 10:26 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Got my Morrison Superman Omnibus finally!
    1DACF00F-5F1B-41A1-A173-814D9E149569.jpg

Can’t wait to do a reread.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BOOOOO!

Jon's more interesting if his half-human DNA weakens him physically and forces him to find different solutions than his dad. This reeks of the kind of HUMANS DA BEST **** that leads to Batgod. Never liked it.
    He may be stronger than his old man, but he'll never be as strong as the real Superboy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Comics in a bean bag chair? That takes me back. Enjoy, dude!

Comics in a bean bag chair? That takes me back. Enjoy, dude!
    I like to do a lot of reading on my side, and I kept doing it in bed which ended up screwing with my mattress/springs. Got one of these so I could do it more comfortably. I’m pretty satisfied so far lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like to do a lot of reading on my side, and I kept doing it in bed which ended up screwing with my mattress/springs. Got one of these so I could do it more comfortably. I’m pretty satisfied so far lol.
    If comics weren't taking up most the space in my room I'd totally have gotten one. Alas, I'll have to continue reading in bed and ruining the damn thing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Nice, a part of me wishes greg paks run could also get that omnibus format but I know that run is underrated.

Is it ordered in publishing order or as a "timeline"?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Does it have the Solly Fisch stories included?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Publishing order it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Does it have the Solly Fisch stories included?
    It does! I went on Twitter and begged Lee to include those so I like to think I’m responsible for them being there. I also begged him for a Busiek Superman omnibus so if we get one, you can all thank me

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Reeve, unsurprisingly; his specific note was he wasn't onboard with the idea of Clark lying to his kids for that long, and talked some about how coming in post-Truth he's having a hard time reconciling his idea of the character's nobility with a take putting that genie back in the bottle.
    Lying is in Superman's bones. At least in regards to his true identity/identities. In all incarnations, including Reeve. Is it hypocrisy, boiled right down to it sure, but its a dichotomy that should be fascinating if people weren't so afraid of it these days. This just sounds like shilling the comics line. In the comics his secret is out and he's glad, so he should be that open across all mediums. And I mean...just no. I get part of that is his job, pushing the status quo he is going to be maintaining. But I mean, this is just so in-character to not tell any hypothetical child this information for a long time.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-28-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nice, a part of me wishes greg paks run could also get that omnibus format but I know that run is underrated.
    The Superman runs I want in an omnibus are Johns Action, Busiek Superman, Pak Action, and Yang’s New Super-Man. Pak’s is the toughest to collect though thanks to all the bullcrap crossovers that derailed his run. You’d have to include Doomed or Yang’s Truth arc I think. What I wouldn’t give to see Pak and Kuder come back to DC for a 12 issue Superman maxi... Yang got another shot so I can dream can’t I?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Publishing order it looks like.

It does! I went on Twitter and begged Lee to include those so I like to think I’m responsible for them being there. I also begged him for a Busiek Superman omnibus so if we get one, you can all thank me
    Awesome!

The Superman runs I want in an omnibus are Johns Action, Busiek Superman, Pak Action, and Yang’s New Super-Man. Pak’s is the toughest to collect though thanks to all the bullcrap crossovers that derailed his run. You’d have to include Doomed or Yang’s Truth arc I think. What I wouldn’t give to see Pak and Kuder come back to DC for a 12 issue Superman maxi... Yang got another shot so I can dream can’t I?
    Just picked up TPs of Yang New Superman Vol 1 and JL of China. Hadn't read those before, looking forward to it!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Awesome!

Just picked up TPs of Yang New Superman Vol 1 and JL of China. Hadn't read those before, looking forward to it!
    It’s awesome, highly recommend! Hope you enjoy, I saw it as a fascinating exploration of what “Superman” can mean through the lens of Chinese culture. Kenan himself is one of my top 5 favorite Superfamily members.