Page 189 of 376 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5626
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think his view of Superman is "Reeve, but as Clark Kent," which is a pretty modern look at the dude. I think PKJ really loves the mythological element of Superman, where he's a man who should be a god but instead views himself a man with ultimate humility. At least that's what I've gleaned from his interviews. If I may put words in his mouth, he likes "Superman, of the people" more than "Superman, benevolent strange visitor."

I don't believe Clark Kent being the primary identity precludes him from being the protagonist in some cosmic gladiator saga.

Hell, my views are he does lean more Clark then Kal but I don't think he discounts Kal one bit. That's a big part of him, not just some trivia... But he was raised for over a decade as a human boy so I think if you asked him his name, any day of the week he'd refer to himself as Clark Kent unless he was protecting his identity or referring to himself in a more Kryptonian/Cosmic context.

I can understand Clark being the primary identity in the beginning , as that is how he was raised. But as an adult knowing that he's really Kal-El of Krypton and Superman of Earth.
    I think that in outer space and other planets, galaxies he should be Kal-El . But on Earth Superman . And I would like the secret Identity back. I may be in the minority on this. But either way, plan to always read his adventures as long as they're published.

I'm sure that DC takes in mind digital numbers, its just that we as fans have no idea what those numbers are so we can't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know if it will keep rising, don’t think the last issue sold out like 1036 did, but hopefully it means sales will stay stable enough for PKJ to tell his Warworld Saga and maybe keep going after. Still want to see him write Brainiac at some point.
    I think it would be good enough if it stayed at that level.

More teases from Federici

Can’t wait to see how he draws Warworld!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Good to see Action Comics is doing better in sales.

As for how PKJ sees the identity question... well, he had Superman introduce himself as "Clark Kent" instead of "Kal-El" to a group of people he only knew of as "they speak a Kryptonian language".

Interview with PKJ focused on the world building he’s doing
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

ACTION COMICS #1041
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON and SHAWN ALDRIDGE
    Art and cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI and ADRIANA MELO
    Cover by DANIEL SAMPERE and ALEJANDRO SÁNCHEZ
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/22/22

REMATCH! Superman puts what he’s learned on Warworld to the test as he faces Mongul’s unstoppable, reanimated warrior known as the Unmade. But it may be too late for Mongul to salvage his empire before an ancient prophecy is fulfilled. One of Superman’s inner circle will fall, another will be resurrected at a terrible cost, and the Authority’s traitor will be revealed in the conclusion to part one of the Warworld Saga!

I think than 'Chester being the traitor it would be too much obvious, isn't?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think than 'Chester being the traitor it would be too much obvious, isn't?
    my money is on OMAC, a brand new character whose love interest gets murdered immediately upon arrival to the alien planet because Superman lied he was weak seems like a likely candidate.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Guessing Apollo will be the one resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Guessing Apollo will be the one resurrected.
    Considering that Midnighter has literally gone to hell for Apollo, not a doubt in my mind he's working on resurrecting him
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Is Apollo confirmed dead yet? It looked bad. And Midnighter in the backups had alluded to him dying in dealing with the time loop. But I think everyone died in that loop he was caught in.

I think Lightray is likely the resurrected one and OMAC the traitor to bring that about.

It looks like the Planet Hulk comparison's are holding with the end of "Part 1" coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Is Apollo confirmed dead yet? It looked bad. And Midnighter in the backups had alluded to him dying in dealing with the time loop. But I think everyone died in that loop he was caught in.
    He became light!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Federici and Melo art style are tottally different, it's gonna be weird...

Incredible Member

First of all, sweet, sweet cover. This run really loves its "broken chains" imagery.

REMATCH! Superman puts what he’s learned on Warworld to the test as he faces Mongul’s unstoppable, reanimated warrior known as the Unmade.

Interesting. Is he going to be defeating every elite Mongul warrior over the course of the Warworld Saga, or is it just going to be this one? The Unmade is interesting in that everything about him screams "victim", so wonder what'll Clark do here. Also, the ones who actually fought the Unmade were Apollo, Midnighter and Natasha, so wonder if one of them will be involved somehow in the "rematch".

But it may be too late for Mongul to salvage his empire before an ancient prophecy is fulfilled.

Interesting that this is put in opposition to the above. So, is everything Mongul doing here an attempt to avert this prophecy, or did he unknowingly walk into one along the way and is only now trying to avert doom?

One of Superman’s inner circle will fall

Not convinced this will be a member of the Authority instead of a Phaelosian or a Warzoon or some other Warworld warrior.

another will be resurrected at a terrible cost

Could be Enchantress, Apollo or Lightray. Betting on Lightray because of the next phrase.

the Authority’s traitor will be revealed

This is 100% O.M.A.C. Manchester Black has "anti-hero keeps to their moral code" protection from this twist, Midnighter is busy elsewhere (and also has the same protection), Natasha's just not going to be betraying Clark to Mongul for any reason, and O.M.A.C. saw his girlfriend die because Clark was so desperate to keep looking like the Great Superman he didn't tell his allies he no longer was.

the conclusion to part one of the Warworld Saga!

We expecting two or three parts?

Overall, sounds like an awesome comic. Excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    my money is on OMAC, a brand new character whose love interest gets murdered immediately upon arrival to the alien planet because Superman lied he was weak seems like a likely candidate.
    Yep that was immediately who I thought of as well.

That bit about the “ancient prophecy” makes me think we’re finally going to get the details on who the masked figure who has been helping Mongul is and what they want. Excited to see where this goes!