Page 103 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    DC hasn't officially said that Legion is cancelled, but there hasn't been an issue in months. So they must have quietly cancelled it.
    Don’t be sure just yet, the Checkmate mini is happening after all and I was sure that was a goner. I doubt Bendis will be writing Legion though, more likely someone will pick up his reboot and continue on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Now that Jon will have his own book, I hope PKJ will give Superman more motivation than his son, because so far, that's all we got.
    The Superman book being the Clark & Jon show makes sense given that PKJ has said it was always meant to be setup for Taylor: https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...715705355?s=21. We’ll get a taste of how his solo Superman is in next week’s Action Comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    By the looks of it PKJ's run is just setting up the actual relaunch.
    His Superman run was but he said in the Tweet I linked that as of right now he’s planning to stay with Action for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Number 1's and variants. Marvel's sales are built on smoke and mirrors of variant sales, and a lot of them being tiered variants as well. Immortal Hulk has like 4 or more variants per issue. It's a successful book, but there is no question that if they followed DC"s with only one variant per regular issues it wouldn't be putting up the numbers it does. The speculator market was bad before and seems to have exploded over the last year.
    That freaking Fortnite crossover comic with Batman is going to be the best selling comic of the year because of the exclusive code for an outfit in Fortnite you can only get by buying the comic. DC should do more of that lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Now that Jon will have his own book, I hope PKJ will give Superman more motivation than his son, because so far, that's all we got.
    I'm thinking he had to make the run like that since he had to help set up Taylor's run. His run will be full on Clark whenever the character is supposed to "die".

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    PKJ's SM and AC debut issues out of the Top 50 in March (#52 and #71 respectively): https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

Overall, it doesn't seem that the Infinite Frontier initiative is bumping sales for DC.
    Flash did even worse. Is it because of the no-name writers, or because they didn't relaunch with new #1 issues?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

PKJ did confirm on Twitter that the September Superman event is connected to, but not, Superman & The Authority.

PKJ did confirm on Twitter that the September Superman event is connected to, but not, Superman & The Authority.
    Who else is sensing a huge war world story event for the Superman books. Because PKJ is making a big deal about these war world refugees in Action and apparently it makes Superman form the authority.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wonder who the artist will be then since Janin is working with Morrison? Any big artists at DC who don’t have books? Or maybe they’ll go with someone new given the focus on new blood currently at DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder who the artist will be then since Janin is working with Morrison? Any big artists at DC who don’t have books? Or maybe they’ll go with someone new given the focus on new blood currently at DC.
    Shouldn't it still be Janin? Remember, Janin hasn't worked on any book except the 2 future state issues since he finished his Wonder Woman stint. All he's done is a few variant covers for action comics and designs for the endless winter event.

The fact that PKJ has been teasing Janin's involvement from the start gives credence to the idea that Janin has already finished these authority issues for a while and may already be starting or halfway done with the september event for now.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Who else is sensing a huge war world story event for the Superman books. Because PKJ is making a big deal about these war world refugees in Action and apparently it makes Superman form the authority.
    It's definitely a War World centric event. I think Morrison's book is still probably a Future State book, either a prequel or sequel to Worlds at War.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it's still Janin since he was saying before that Janin was on that event. He's probably had Superman and the Authority in the can for a while.

It's definitely a War World centric event. I think Morrison's book is still probably a Future State book, either a prequel or sequel to Worlds at War.

I think it's still Janin since he was saying before that Janin was on that event. He's probably had Superman and the Authority in the can for a while.
    So wait how do we know it’s a future state story, just because Clark has a bit of grey on his temples? Because the solicits make it sound like Superman and the authority comes right after the PKJ’s first story arc in Action Comics and is set up for what PKJ is mainly doing?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So wait how do we know it’s a future state story, just because Clark has a bit of grey on his temples? Because the solicits make it sound like Superman and the authority comes right after the PKJ’s first story arc in Action Comics and is set up for what PKJ is mainly doing?
    The hair is a factor for me thinking that. But moreso this was one of the rumored 5G books a year or so ago, so it’s likely something that was tweaked to fit into this run almost as a stand alone. The Midnighter in the backups is the Midnighter from Worlds at War timeline too.

The hair is a factor for me thinking that. But moreso this was one of the rumored 5G books a year or so ago, so it’s likely something that was tweaked to fit into this run almost as a stand alone. The Midnighter in the backups is the Midnighter from Worlds at War timeline too.
    Alright, that actually makes a lot of sense. I guess we just wait and see because I can’t honestly tell either, besides somehow PKJ has Clark’s descendants a thousand or so years in the future from House of El be in his upcoming annual that plays a part in his run so who knows what up at this point. This either set in the future or Clark’s been secretly using Just for men for a little while.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Shouldn't it still be Janin? Remember, Janin hasn't worked on any book except the 2 future state issues since he finished his Wonder Woman stint. All he's done is a few variant covers for action comics and designs for the endless winter event.

The fact that PKJ has been teasing Janin's involvement from the start gives credence to the idea that Janin has already finished these authority issues for a while and may already be starting or halfway done with the september event for now.

You guys make a good point, we don’t know how far ahead Janin finished Superman & the Authority, totally possible he’s all done and has moved on to the event, or that he’s wrapping it up and will be moving to the event soon. Do we think it will just be a Mongul vs. the Superfamily story? I love Mongul but man building an entire event around him seems crazy after he was a jobber for years. With Warworld he definitely has enough firepower/muscle to pose a threat. Also will the event take place in Action, be a separate series, and will the other series tie in? King won’t but it would be odd if Taylor didn’t since this event seems to be setting up the new status quo and Jon is part of that. But I think it’s a bad idea to force a series to tie-in so soon, they’re doing it with Titans Academy & Suicide Squad and I can’t help feeling that’s a mistake.

They are also spinning out new Shazam mini from Titans Academy so that entire thing feels like a mess to me.

So if Janin is already doing the next event then he'd be the artist of Future State, Superman/Authority and this event. So it is probably about Mongul and will give the entire thing a unified look. If so then props to DC for managing to actually plan out something Superman related.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Flash did even worse. Is it because of the no-name writers, or because they didn't relaunch with new #1 issues?
    Didio probably laughed really hard when he saw those Flash numbers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Most likely the lack of relaunch. The titles that had new number ones generally seemed to do better than the ones that didn't. It's not entirely surprising. This relaunch always felt more DCYou than New 52 or Rebirth.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

With all the debate over Jon in the other thread, this feels timely lol. Looks like Jon and Damian will reunite in next week’s Action https://twitter.com/sampere_art/stat...69788677?s=21: