Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187
Results 2,791 to 2,794 of 2794

Well its not like Young Guardians were good guys either, they wanted to replace Hal after all. Which happened anyway, so maybe they were right?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That part tracked. It was their actions afterwards that made me lament DC throwing away Morrison's Young Guardians so quickly. I get that the concept of unknowable yet benevolent cosmic beings doesn't lend itself as easily to real world metaphors for our own political reality but I've grown a little bored of the same corrupt space bureaucrats.
    But if they're good we can't call them the Bloompa Loompas without being assholes and I can't not use that name!

I'm tired of evil space chancellors too, but it is what it is. We needed a reason he'd be abandoned by everyone and, well, it works.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well its not like Young Guardians were good guys either, they wanted to replace Hal after all. Which happened anyway, so maybe they were right?
    I don't need the Guardians to be "good", I want them to be immortal beings whose motivations are unknowable, which I get is not something that works very well for most stories that are basically just Earth stuff...but in space.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; Today at 02:17 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But if they're good we can't call them the Bloompa Loompas without being assholes and I can't not use that name!

I'm tired of evil space chancellors too, but it is what it is. We needed a reason he'd be abandoned by everyone and, well, it works.
    Yeah, that’s my main issue. It felt too much like plot mechanics for my tastes. It wasn’t a deal breaker or anything, but I would have preferred a more interesting solution than more space politics.