Page 118 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 5625
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Headline: "Superman Leaves Earth Due To Editorial Mandate"

Don't be sad Jon, its all for you.
    I just hope the reasoning is sound. A solar system in peril that only Clark can save, or something to that effect.

Yeah, it's a mandate and some proper BS, but we've had good stuff from mandates before (Grayson) so I'm hoping that's what we get this time around.

Oh I'm sure they can craft a reasonable explanation, indeed I'm hopeful for at least that much. And I agree, I've said before I think the actual story for Clark can end up good, just that the reasoning will always bother me and what would come next after this space sojourn is told will keep me worried.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oh I'm sure they can craft a reasonable explanation, indeed I'm hopeful for at least that much. And I agree, I've said before I think the actual story for Clark can end up good, just that the reasoning will always bother me and what would come next after this space sojourn is told will keep me worried.
    Oh I'm worried too. The last thing Clark needs right now is to look like an ******* running away from raising his kid *cough*GOKU*cough* so I really hope this ends up being a real banger of a story.

Clark goes off into space (and travels through time as well) all the time as part of the job. Lois knows that, it’s part of the deal with their relationship. As long as he doesn’t pull an Exile again don’t know why this would be any different. Hell at least this time he’s actually making sure someone is going to try to pick up the slack for him.

He’s not slipping out the back door in the middle of the night people lol he’s leaving because someone out there needs his help.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

The sales projections prove that bendis’s direction is a failure

Deage Jon, put the identity back in the bottle, and forget that any of this ever happened

That is the only way to fix the declining sales

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Looks like September's Action Comics is where Clark will finally leave Earth and his family, leaving it all in Jon's hands.

Pity about the sales projections. I guess it was always going to be an struggle to continue Bendis' direction rather than retcon it like so many wanted, but making the first month and the self-titled book basically filler probably didn't help either.
    From the sales projections, it looks that Infinite Frontier hasn't helped sales across the line (excluding the Bat books) like the previous line wide initiatives, and sales for all DC books were more or less the same as before March and dropped from there.

Headline: "Superman Leaves Earth Due To Editorial Mandate"

Don't be sad Jon, its all for you.
    This is the sum of the Superman line for the past 6 years, sadly.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2021 at 12:09 PM.

BANNED

Jon isn’t the problem

Bendis is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Clark goes off into space (and travels through time as well) all the time as part of the job. Lois knows that, it’s part of the deal with their relationship. As long as he doesn’t pull an Exile again don’t know why this would be any different. Hell at least this time he’s actually making sure someone is going to try to pick up the slack for him.

He’s not slipping out the back door in the middle of the night people lol he’s leaving because someone out there needs his help.
    For sure, but it's all about execution nonetheless. Hopefully they stick the landing. Either way, it's going to look gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Jon isn’t the problem

Bendis is the problem
    I think its directly the character. Bendis gets too much hate for this direction. This wasn't his idea, that's painfully clear by now. How he chose to make it happen, those were his ideas. Legion and stuff? Probably his ideas (and hey I hate those too). But he was told to age up Jon, that was company edict. Furthermore he's not crafting what's going on right now anymore anyway. Its far more accurate to say that this is Didio's brainchild adopted but more than likely tinkered with by the new regime.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From the sales projections, it looks that Infinite Frontier hasn't helped sales across the line (excluding the Bat books) like the previous line wide initiatives, and sales for all DC books were more or less the same as before March and drop from there.

This is the sum of the Superman line for the past 6 years, sadly.
    DC jerked people around with Rebirth so now they have to try to rebuild trust. It’s a real shame because quality wise this is probably the best the overall line has ever been.
    Jon isn’t the problem

Bendis is the problem
    Let’s kill Jon off, that will get a big boost in sales! Then keep him dead and eventually you introduce a replacement kid without any of the continuity mess, let’s call the new kid Jordan. That way Superman gets a big tragedy just like Batman did with Jason Todd!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

DC jerked people around with Rebirth so now they have to try to rebuild trust. It’s a real shame because quality wise this is probably the best the overall line has ever been.

Let’s kill Jon off, that will get a big boost in sales! Then keep him dead and eventually you introduce a replacement kid without any of the continuity mess, let’s call the new kid Jordan. That way Superman gets a big tragedy just like Batman did with Jason Todd!
    That sounds like bendis

BANNED

It’s all bendis’s fault

He destroyed the trust that the brand built and Taylor and Johnson are both going to pay dearly for it

It’s all bendis’s fault

He destroyed the trust that the brand built and Taylor and Johnson are both going to pay dearly for it
    You're the only one saying this, so I doubt it. Even guys like Blue22 who hate Teen Jon don't whine nearly as much. Believe it or not, your opinion doesn't reflect the majority of fandom. Hell, not even of Teen Jon haters.

In all seriousness, I don’t care about sales. I’ve accepted that what I like and what others want are two separate things. I enjoyed Bendis and others didn’t. I thought Tomasi had run out of steam by the end, and Jurgens final time travel arc was genuinely one of the worst stories I’ve read from him, but I guess others liked both all the way through. People want Clark to just play Superdad to Jon on the farm with lots of big wholesome chungus bait, and I don’t want that. They want Superman to be “the light” to Batman’s darkness rather than an actual character standing on his own and I disagree. I know this take doesn’t describe all of you and I don’t mean it to be all-encompassing but I’ve meant plenty of others who do see things as I describe.

As long as I’m enjoying the books and DC stays the course I don’t care where Superman falls on that list. It’s not accurate anyway since it’s not getting concrete numbers anymore thanks to DC leaving Diamond. All I care about is are these stories entertaining me? PKJ’s Superman is just ok so I don’t mind that ending (although again I wish someone other than Taylor was taking over), but his Action so far has been genuinely great so I hope he gets to stay on for as long as he wants and continues to be good. A lot is riding on whatever that Sept event is going to be, it will hopefully raise his sales and get some attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You're the only one saying this, so I doubt it. Even guys like Blue22 who hate Teen Jon don't whine nearly as much. Believe it or not, your opinion doesn't reflect the majority of fandom. Hell, not even of Teen Jon haters.
    I’m the only one saying it, because I’m the only one who cares enough to even point it out

The shitty sales of Superman and action proves what I am saying