Page 146 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5618
    Incredible Member

Huh, PKJ's making sure to mention Lois in the last few interviews. Turns out complaining did have some results. I also get the impression PKJ's itching to write something long-form with Aquaman later on.

I like the back-up a bit more than most here (even if it's pretty cliche), but it does feel like a massive downgrade when reading it right after the main feature.

Nothing super in-depth to add here, just really enjoyed Superman's dialogue and Lois' closing bit.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Huh, PKJ's making sure to mention Lois in the last few interviews. Turns out complaining did have some results. I also get the impression PKJ's itching to write something long-form with Aquaman later on.

I like the back-up a bit more than most here (even if it's pretty cliche), but it does feel like a massive downgrade when reading it right after the main feature.
    I don’t know how much the complaining helped, scripts are written months in advanced and she will still not be part of the Warworld Saga, but for what comes after he may have adjusted so that we get more Clark/Lois interactions in response to feedback, which is fine. I’m honestly far more interested in Jon-Lois interactions though since I think that is a far less explored area. So we’ll see what Taylor does there.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I gotta say this is the best book at DC right now. This story just feels massive. I haven't been this excited for Action Comics since Grant Morrison's #1.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While I'm warmer on Action than you are, Superman has been a slog and the backups are underwhelming as well.

I'm still waiting to pick up this week's issue as I've been home sick a few days, but this run's been setting up for some cool Cosmic Superman stuff that I've been looking for.
    I'm waiting for this to get collected so I don't have to deal with the backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

I don't think he realised how much people want to see Lois in these books. She's not just a random supporting cast with no relevance to Superman's story whether Clark or Jon. She matters, even if she's not the title character that drives the main storyline. Her presence may not be necessary for every situation but she cannot be ignore nigh completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t know how much the complaining helped, scripts are written months in advanced and she will still not be part of the Warworld Saga, but for what comes after he may have adjusted so that we get more Clark/Lois interactions in response to feedback, which is fine. I’m honestly far more interested in Jon-Lois interactions though since I think that is a far less explored area. So we’ll see what Taylor does there.
    It's same for me. It's WAY long overdue.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-29-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Comichon updated the June 2021 sales ranking adding estimated numbers, they are a little better than we thought judging just from the book rankings (like 10k better x series )

80 - Superman - 36k

95 - Action Comics - 31k

Estimates for other Superman related books:

74 - Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow - 38k

91 - Batman/Superman - 32k

154 - Challenge of the Super Sons - 18k

Full June sales: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-06.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-03-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Comichon updated the June 2021 sales ranking adding estimated numbers, they are a little better than we thought judging just from the book rankings (like 10k better x series )

80 - Superman - 36k

95 - Action Comics - 31k

Estimates for other Superman related books:

74 - Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow - 38k

91 - Batman/Superman 32k

154 - Challenge of the Super Sons - 18k

Full June sales: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-06.html
    Yeah that’s about what Superman sells normally these days. Shows how dumb DC is that they had PKJ writing filler on the book more people were reading though. Hope some of those people reading Superman check out Action since it’s been the better book from the start and it’s where we can get Clark.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah that’s about what Superman sells normally these days. Shows how dumb DC is that they had PKJ writing filler on the book more people were reading though. Hope some of those people reading Superman check out Action since it’s been the better book from the start and it’s where we can get Clark.
    Yeah, SM readers that don't buy both books should migrate on Action Comics now that the SM book is cancelled. Curious about July's numbers for AC. And, of course, the post Oct. numbers.

Yeah, SM readers that don't buy both books should migrate on Action Comics now that the SM book is cancelled. Curious about July's numbers for AC. And, of course, the post Oct. numbers.
    Given the “event” isn’t a crossover between all the Superman titles (which might’ve helped boost the numbers as loathe as I am to admit that), but just a major status quo shift within Action itself I don’t think the numbers are going to change much after Oct.

Interesting numbers, I'd have to compare with older data but at first glance it looks like mid-tier books that are hovering in 50-150 region are selling better than they used to.

Given the “event” isn’t a crossover between all the Superman titles (which might’ve helped boost the numbers as loathe as I am to admit that), but just a major status quo shift within Action itself I don’t think the numbers are going to change much after Oct.
    I'm rooting for PKJ's AC to outsell Taylor's Superboy down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Interesting numbers, I'd have to compare with older data but at first glance it looks like mid-tier books that are hovering in 50-150 region are selling better than they used to.
    Yes, usually under the Top100 there were the books selling below 20k, now they are out the Top140 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Creators have been saying the sales for comics have been rising since the pandemic. Guess we’re seeing the proof now. Damn the X-Books are still selling really well despite falling off pretty hard since HoX/PoX imo.
    I'm rooting for PKJ's AC to outsell Taylor's Superboy down the line.

Yes, usually under the Top100 there were the books selling below 20k, now they are out the Top140 or so.
    Definitely another reminder of Taylor’s limits as a “star”. If the book can stay around the 20k range, DC will probably just let it keep going for as long as they want it to. Dispenser speculated on Tumblr that both Jon and Jace’s books will function as “intro” volumes, with them getting Superman and Batman proper with the relaunch that’s presumably coming after Williamson’s event next year. We shall see, I’m curious to see how well Jace sells in comparison with Yara and Jon.

Feel conflicted overall, same as always. Guess I’ll just read and enjoy the books as long as I’m able to, and wait to see what DC does.

I'm not sure if sales would be different at all if instead of S:SoK we had just Superman.

Definitely another reminder of Taylor’s limits as a “star”. If the book can stay around the 20k range, DC will probably just let it keep going for as long as they want it to. Dispenser speculated on Tumblr that both Jon and Jace’s books will function as “intro” volumes, with them getting Superman and Batman proper with the relaunch that’s presumably coming after Williamson’s event next year. We shall see, I’m curious to see how well Jace sells in comparison with Yara and Jon.

Feel conflicted overall, same as always. Guess I’ll just read and enjoy the books as long as I’m able to, and wait to see what DC does.
    I doubt Batman will be cancelled and given to Jace and Ridley. Yara is doing really well judging by the 2nd issue.

I'm sure I said it already elsewhere, but I think DC has a beginning, middle and end planned for this status quo (2 years max?) and they'll keep it going no matter sales or reception.

I doubt Batman will be cancelled and given to Jace and Ridley. Yara is doing really well judging by the 2nd issue.

I'm sure I said it already elsewhere, but I think DC has a beginning, middle and end planned for this status quo (2 years max?) and they'll keep it going no matter sales or reception.
    iirc, Williamson said in an interview that Infinite Frontier, the book and publishing initiative, is the first act of a three act plan.